TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Is it a good idea to wear a bulletbelt these days ?

nuclearthrasher666
Sat, 05/08/2017 - 18:28

With the recent onset of terrorist attacks across the world and especially Europe, do you think it's wise to walk around with an ammunition belt ? We all know that the actuall bullets in a bulletbelt are useless and can't be fired, but with all police/military security forces on high alert for any suspicious movement or potentially dangerous situation, I think it really not a good idea to wear one. Also did you have any trouble at a festival because of a bulletbelt ? When I saw Slayer live at Bulgaria last year, the security staff (who probably was not very familiar with the metal culture) that searched eveybody at the entrance of the stadium was very suspicious with my bulletbelt and almost didn't let me pass through. Have you heard or experienced any similar situation ?

grime81's picture

yeah i think its a lot of paranoia fed from media, i wear mine and never got attention for it, albeit i do not go to malls, popular stores or restaurants so i never really am exposing it to many strangers

An Overdose Of Mkultra's picture

I wear mine in public but not to shows... fuck security

Noir.666's picture

f**k...why not?

grime81's picture

https://www.google.com/amp/www.metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/metalhead...
And this is in America, wouldn't Europe have stricter policy?

grime81's picture

Yes all charges were dropped, but the bus he was riding was stopped, caused the riders to panic, the police were called, took him into custody and forced him to appear in court, that's kinda a bother in my opinion

Thrashattck94's picture

Depends on how big the show is. If it's a small little thrash show in a good venue then I would wear mine. I once wore my bullet belt to an airshow in 2015, and the army guys liked it.

Kvlt_ured_Gentleman's picture

Maybe if you had a gun with your bullet belt. I don't know if I'd wear one to a large show with tight security, you gave a Slayer show as an example and when I saw them there was a metal detector set up at the door, but small shows with more lax security should be fine.

calebheney223's picture

I can wear a bullet belt but not a exodus shirt at school, I think your fine

Freyjawulf's picture

Not really had much bother with mine. Though I was in London the day after that incident on the tube with a bag bursting into flame about a month ago, a lot of places had security doing bag searches, and all the security guards were eyeing up my bullet belt and were half-jokingly asking why I was wearing it and if I was planning to shoot them. No problems with police or anything serious though. Have noticed more people on the street giving it a worrying glance and there's a more frequent occurrence of the old 'where's your gun then?' jokes, but that's it really.
Had it confiscated at a gig once too, when I went to see WASP 5 years ago, but they gave it back at the end of the show.

DarkValkyrieofDeath's picture

I didnt know that there was any issues with wearing one but i can see how there could be now, luckily for me my bullet belt doesnt look realistic and its usually hidden under my long shirts, i want to get a realistic looking one but i dont want to get bothered at shows

Lich Of sinder's picture

I really want to get my hands on a bullet belt, but considering im living in Denmark where bullet belts are illegal, that means ill have to cheat the law.
I think by drilling holes through the side of the individual bullets then they are technically considered legal, though I might be entirely wrong on that and even if I am right, you would have to argue with a police officer about it if one aproaches you.
In general I think the fact that bullet belts in my country are illegal is dumb as fuck, how much gun violence is prevented by this ban?

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments