TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Immolation VS Incantation

Jonathan666
Sat, 03/12/2022 - 18:48

Two veterans of the American death metal scene!

Which is your favorite, and why?

andermatten's picture

I'd never actually listened to incantation before because their name always reminded me of something out of a bad 'dungeons & dragons meets the hobbit' novel or from an adult comic book. so I've been listening to lus sepulcri just now. pretty easy, never would have thought.

thing with immolation is that I bought dawn of possession at the same time as I bought effigy of the forgotten, and that I found the former vastly inferior. I've therefore listened to about 55 seconds worth of dawn of possession again now and conclude that I was an idiot.

Immolation.

Streptococcus's picture

Incantation.

Love both bands immensely, Immolation just always seemed slightly more bland than their contemporaries in the NYDM scene. Additionally, Onward to Golgotha was one of my favorite albums when I was younger and was spun to death so there is a degree of nostalgia that is tied to every track. The ties to Mortician are a plus as well, and while on the topic I think not only their demos but releases have held up to a greater degree over time.

Darklord's picture

I would have to say Immolation.

578,489 items in the gallery, 884,108 comments, and 674 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Thank you!!, yes, I painted them, but with a brush.
  • Awesome. 🤘
  • All right, then the trip was probably worthwhile for you in more ways than one.
  • Classic stuff!
  • I was in Japan for the fest. Most of everything sold out as literally everyone was buying merch and every piece of it.
  • Not bad! Did they have them in the NWN! store?
  • And that alone explains this patch. But I think the other version of Rapture Textiles is better.
  • A very horny patch hahaha
  • Love this!
  • nice to see the long and short versions compared in this post. thanks for taking the time.
  • All good ! \m\
  • Nope sorry this one is going on my vest 🗿
  • What’s the story with this? It’s funny !!!
  • Heck yeah I love this guy!! Where'd you get this from?
  • Sick
  • Dang wi$h I could rn. Deteriorot rule$$$