TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

Identifying Official Merch

PinJunky
Thu, 20/06/2019 - 14:16

I recently came across some backpatches I was interested in and the seller claimed that they are original vintage. I had seen these patches other places before however they were clearly stamped with licensed info. Brockum/Razamataz so on and so fourth. He said that these weren't stamped because they were made (by the band) before licensing took place. They were very clearly professionally made not handmade or anything like that. I see this quite a bit with Metallica backpatches. Can this be the case? How can you know for sure and what would be a good way to identify them as vintage original if not clearly stamped?

bad_american1992's picture

Post a link or photos to some of the patches in question? I heard this from an O.G. member, some of the older back patches without copyrights were sold at festivals and fairs and weren't exactly band sanctioned or official.

slayerslayer's picture

my opinion , is , its a bootleg , generally speaking pushead signed all his published artwork . i may be wrong , you could ask him ? http://www.pusfan.com/info.htm

bad_american1992's picture

Good observation. If you look at the official shirt there's his signature directly under the pencil. It's been removed from the backpatch in question.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments