TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

How to remain a concert wristband

shewolf
Sun, 10/05/2020 - 23:23

I went to a couple of shows and i wanted to keep my wristbands on me. Only for them to fall down or their logo to fade. Do anyone know any good ways to make them stronger or to at least make them last longer on my wrist?
(sorry for my bad english)

Susinko's picture

Okay, here's the problem. Most wristbands like this are made from specially treated paper and paper always degrades thanks to friction, sweat, water and the like. What you need to do is protect it. Now I have never tried this on a bracelet, so I'm not going to promise anything. It does work on paper beads though, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

The first part is going to be painful. Gently cut off your wristbands where there isn't any print. Gently clean them as best you can and let them dry.

Now I've preserved paper crafts before, but never anything that's made out of the paper they use for wristbands. Because of that, I don't feel comfortable suggesting a specific product for you to use. Personally I'd take a wristband that couldn't be saved, cut it up into several strips and test the following products on each one to see what will work without damaging it.

Mod Podge, Plasti Dip, Polycrylic.

Polycrylic works well but has toxic fumes, so use it outdoors.

If/when you find one that works for you, I'd use another destroyed bracelet if you happened to have one for practice.

When you paint on you're product of choice, make sure you curl your bracelet up on it's side like you're wearing it to reduce stress on the sealant for when you do. Coat it several times, waiting until it's completely dry to the touch between layers.

Afterwards you can add a snap or some velcro to the two ends so you can wear the wristband once again!

I really hope this makes sense and can work for you. I personally want to try it myself when the venues reopen and we can have live music again.

578,489 items in the gallery, 884,108 comments, and 674 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Great bands
  • I agree. Ofc a got a red version of this one too. Will upload it in the near future.
  • Yeah, i like this song too, a cool rocker.
  • I purchased this shirt 15 years ago and it was lost during shipping. I’ve found it again recently on buyee.jp
  • Great Shirt.... Slaaaaayer Rulez
  • Awesome, thanks for the info!
  • Thank you!!, yes, I painted them, but with a brush.
  • Awesome. 🤘
  • All right, then the trip was probably worthwhile for you in more ways than one.
  • Classic stuff!
  • I was in Japan for the fest. Most of everything sold out as literally everyone was buying merch and every piece of it.
  • Not bad! Did they have them in the NWN! store?
  • And that alone explains this patch. But I think the other version of Rapture Textiles is better.
  • A very horny patch hahaha
  • Love this!
  • nice to see the long and short versions compared in this post. thanks for taking the time.