TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

How many t-shirts is considered "too many"??

AbysmalWind
Wed, 21/07/2021 - 02:33

After rearranging my drawers, of which many are full, I'm wondering if maybe I'm suffering from the Diogenes Syndrome, t-shirt version. Despite I've got rid of some 80/90 over the years, I can't seem to stop racking them up. Does any of the following happen to you?:

-You can't hold back your wish to snag a new design by that great band.
-You always wear the same 6-7 tees despite having way over one hundred.
-There are many of them you haven't even tried on yet.
-what is more, you had completely forgotten you had that one.
-There are also a few that you swore you'd sport once you had shed some pounds.

My own "t-shirtometer" is at 56 right now, along with six long-sleeved ones. Is that too many by your standards or am I just another brick in the wall??

Thane's picture

Man, you can never have too many 🤘🏻

I set my shirts up in an order so that I don't wear the same one twice in a row, and cycle through every shirt before re-wearing them. That way they all get some love

I've been really tempted to just buy one that won't currently fit because I love it way too much but somehow I manage to hold back. I have had to size up and it's sad having to let go of some of them. My problem is I've bulked up a bit and I don't really ever intend to get smaller again

I do also forget that I have certain ones, but I definitely don't have any I haven't worn haha 😂

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

I guess i have around 500 and passed " to many " years ago hahaha.
Past the point of return i just keep on going.
Still good fun and i still enjoy it.

Thane's picture

500 holy shit! Nice!!

Into Glory Ride's picture

Madman! :)

meaningless's picture

hahaha...WELL SAID :D

meaningless's picture

depending on the TSS-counter....i own TS+LS+Hoodie+Zipper : 432 pieces...so.....i would say: NOPE, u didnt reached the 'to many' level..hahahahaha Dont worry :P
But yeah, the space is also a problem for me. (good that i move to a new apartment now with more space) ...atm it feels as i would store CDs and Shirts in every corner of every room here... lol

nuclearthrasher666's picture

My 2 cents:
I think that the best indication the your metal t-shirts are "too many", is when you start to run out of space for your "regular" clothes. 56 shirts is not an alarming nunber imo !
and some helpful tips :
1)Eventually you come to terms thats it's not possible to have a t-shirt for EVERY album for ALL the bands you like !!! That's why patches and battle vest are really helpful !!
2) Buy t-shirts that are REALLY special in term of artwork, desing etc.
3) Shift your focus on other metal related things like LPs, Cds, Books, Fanzines, Concert tickets etc.

bad_american1992's picture

Agreed on 1)! It's easier for me to have 1 jacket with all my favorite patches on it vs 50+ shirts, takes up less space in the ol closet.

meaningless's picture

what are 'regular' cloths? hahahaha ;P

On topic: I got around 150 ( +/- 20?) and when i look in my drawer the answer is definitely: Too many.
When i am about to visit a concert, the answer is definitely: Not enough.

So... depends.

AbysmalWind's picture

Sickness man, that happens to me every single time! You enter the venue, bump into a stand full of pristine merch, stand in there in awe for a few mins, then feel "compelled" to snag that one...

"THAT ONE!!"
Pretty accurate man, hahaha

Pecivo's picture

i'm around 300 atm. There are people up here that have like 1k+ shirts. Try to make a system that you put the washed tshirts on the bottom and then they rotate.

I was thinking to open a thread about my system and how other people wear and how is there system about cycle shirts to not wear the same shirt every time you wash them

meaningless's picture

good idea for a thread. I try to have a similiar system...just dont work every day :D

Pecivo's picture

i will open it one day when ill have time... need to prepare it with pictures and everything. Couse when i'm trying to explain someone my system in real life they usually dont get it:D couse i have system inside of system for shirts that not older then one year. :D couse when i started hording shirts i put the new one on bottom and i forgot about them and then after 3-4 months they showed up and i was like woo i forgot about that. So i put them on pile n2 (i have 7 piles of shirts each has about 35-40 shirts). Ill prepare :D

meaningless's picture

mine is similiar...but not exactly the same...what i have read here now..hahaha.. (at least, i try to keep my system alive..hahaha)

Dan's picture

Sounds familiar.Never counted though but yeah wearing less extreme shirts since a) I am getting older and b) work really is not that tolerant of an Endstille shirt with emeciated POW's on the back and Blücher on the front ;) Everyone thinks that shit is political nowadays without knowing history.
Or some Marduk shirts with nice prints people get pissed off about.

Also, wearing more Deathmetal shit like I did as a kid.

redneck-vintage's picture

I have around 800. Too Damn many. Went crazy with it 10 yrs ago & started buying them up when prices was cheaper. A lot of Fucking money + damn shipping. Was building a store or a Damn Museum. But, as many as I have. I still buy ! Have store on ebay for over 10 hr's & been selling on ebay 14 yr's. And, I have 100% feedback, which is hard to keep. Guess, I'm just tired of it, but know I have a lot of rare vintage shirts with a lot of 1 of a kinds !

nameless_rites's picture

I used to have about 200, but I’ve got rid of a lot and only plan to keep about 40 in the end.
I only really wear them while working out or playing music anymore. The big gaudy full color airbrushed album cover ones are the first to go, those shirts just don’t wear very well - the more low key ones I wear way more often. I always hated the “extreme” ones with offensive art/dumb edgy slogans, I wouldn’t even have been caught dead wearing that crap at 15, much less now.

Chemical Burn's picture

It's personal, you have too many when you feel like you have too many. Some people have the mental bandwidth to keep track of hundreds of individual items without getting overwhelmed, other people don't or it's just not what they put their energy towards.

You reach your saturation point long before you consciously feel stressed about it, if you forget what you have and can't get around to all of them that might be because your brain has resorted to skimming over the information it's presented with every morning when you open your drawers.

"You reach your saturation point long before you consciously feel stressed about it"

I'll save that for later. Sounds like a Konmari approach to band shirts.

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

Las que sean tío, yo si incluso he tirado con el paso del tiempo jajaja, o sino mira al tailandés, tiene una cami para cada día diferente del año,para 3 años jajajajaja

Hárbarðr's picture

Definitivamente me pasa lo de usar las mismas 6 jajajaja.
Pero esas 6 van rotando: pasan unos meses en que son algunas, luego de un tiempo, son otras 6 las que se están repitiendo siempre, y así.

SIR STEWART WALLACE III's picture

its NEVER enough!!!!!!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments