TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

help me buy a new guitar please

calebheney223
Mon, 12/02/2018 - 02:29

Alright, the time is here. I need a new guitar but I have a lot to choose from right now, so some help would be awesome, note that I have played all of these guitars and cannot decide. I play thrash and death metal mostly, but I also jam some classic rock too. The current choices are:
Epiphone 1984 Explorer: Its Pretty james hetfieldy, but I don't mind too much, and besides I like the OLD metallica anyways.
ESP LTD Jeff Hanneman Sig:
ESP LTD Gary holt Sig:
Ibanez RGIX6DLB
Gibson Les Paul standard.
I know the price ranges and specs are different on a lot of them, especially the Gibson, but if that's the one I get than I don't mind saving up some extra cash. I like trems and non trems, so that makes it difficult to decide too. If it really comes down to it ill just save up for a while and get more than 1.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Give me some shirts to buy :)

Corvus Corax's picture

Ha ha. Doctor Death zooming around in his MiG dealing zingers. Pew-Pew-Pew.

Behemoth116's picture

Lol

John Christ's picture

if you played all of those and you cannot decide, just take the cheapest haha. They are all good and reliable guitars (not sure about the epiphone though, didn't have the best experiences with that brand, but only had to do with lower priced models yet). I think the question is what sound you are aiming for. I for myself can't stand the "modern" uniformed sound of active pickups and if you really wanna play classic rock with it too I wouldn't recommend active humbuckers like in the Epiphone or the Gary Holt sig. And if you should take one with floyd rose or not is a thing only you can decide for yourself. Depends on what you are aiming for as well. As a rule of thumb you don't necessarily need a whammy bar in most cases as you can find a way to express something you would want to add to a song in some other ways too. But if it's a huge part of your playing style don't hesitate to get one. My tip would be: Don't worry that much about gear, think about it simply as a tool to make awesome stuff with it. And another one: If you can avoid it don't order it online. Buy exactly that guitar that you test in the shop. In most cases there are better and less good guitars from the identical line as no wood part is the same as the other and also there is no machine yet to produce complete guitars, so you also have factors like the quality of the workers work in the factory etc. Good luck finding your beast!

flashblack313's picture

from guitars you named it's obv choice for les paul if talking about quality (be very careful in choosing good les paul btw), but considering your other offers which stand out in guitar/music style i would rather go and buy a good american made jackson soloist
just my opinion, cheers!

oldmate's picture
568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments