TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

Hell & Heaven festival - Mexico City - Tour of bootleg merch stands

mexicanuck
Mon, 07/05/2018 - 02:57

Whew, this was a big one. Two days with Ozzy, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Deep Purple, Megadeth, Mastodon, Marilyn Manson, Saxon, Gojira, Overkill, Testament, Tenacious D, Kadavar, The Darkness, Bad Religion, Dead Cross, Saboton, Tankard, and many more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QhqFT5_C4g

vkok's picture

Looks like heaven for a metalhead. I would probably have to take mortgage if I ever end up in a place with so much merchandise.

mexicanuck's picture

It's the best. It adds such a great vibe to a concert to go there and spend some time, meet up with friends, drink beer, buy some stuff, etc. I saw Testament and Exodus in Toronto a couple of years ago, my first show there in years. It felt so cold just going to the venue, going in, watching the show, then going home.

vkok's picture

Yup. Sounds like Toronto :) Concerts end at 11 to 12 and everyone goes home. Nobody knows nobody attitude. There are few exceptions but they far and few. I guess its hard to switch when most people are forced to stay indoors about 8 month of the year. Merchandise wise...I have to order everything online. I haven't found a single shop in TO. There are some stores that have some shirts here & there but nothing great. Montreal & Winnipeg have more specialized stores. One day I'll make it to Mexico & go crazy. Didn't have the need before your videos but seeing its a metalhead heaven, I feel obligated to visit these fests :)

mexicanuck's picture

I was a teenager in Toronto in the '80s, and it was great. Really good metal scene (although you could probably say that about a lot of places).

Come down anytime!

vkok's picture

I was a teenager in the 90's. We still had some metal left overs from the 80's:)

Will do for sure:)

mexicanuck's picture

BTW, for anyone who is interested (or to be clear, even if you're not!), I'm seeing Triptykon on Friday and Corrosion Of Conformity on Saturday, so stay tuned for a couple of new merch tours!

meaningless's picture

i f** love ur videos, dude :D every time i see it....im speachless...hahaha...and it seems u have a very great festival too :D damn dude..im a bit jealouse..hahaha

music4u's picture

hi Dan, thanks again for sharing this with us. its amazing what is allowed over there
i do also festivals here in holland and belgium but when a band is plaing its not allowed to sell any merchandise and if u do you will be removed and no money back for the rent and they also take the merchandise from you even when its official merchandise
they even use mystery shoppers and when u think its ok to sell from under the table 10 minutes later official security staff will catch u and its over and out
if i see this all and as u said buying shirts for 6 dollar i want to import from mexico hahahahaha

keep filming ps and take care

regards from holland

mexicanuck's picture

Nice to hear from Holland! Wow, that's incredible how strict they are! Well, there are essentially no rules in Mexico. Not just for concerts, but in general. There are, but they're either not enforced, or people don't care. I spent today at a water park with big signs saying no alcohol, no music, no pets, no glass. Hundreds of people had beer (walking around in the open with it, drinking it), quite a few people brought big, loud portable speakers, and I saw at least one group with a glass bottle of tequila. Or sometimes, the dumbest, most pointless rules are strictly and stupidly enforced. It's a hard country to figure sometimes.

Hope you can make it here some day!

vkok's picture

Globalism is coming to Mexico too unfortunately. Its just a matter of time before they enforce profit making machines there. The upper mankind needs to make their buck for their little kinks.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments