TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Heavy Metal Stories

fuckyeah
Sun, 19/03/2017 - 23:24

I have been collecting heavy metal stories from people who are metalheads, In the hope of collating them and compiling some sort of book of heavy metal stories..tentatively titled AT THE ALTAR OF METAL. I am after any stories that have heavy metal as the centre of the story or stories about metal..the most common story is how a person first got into metal but i would love to hear any heavy metal stories you have to tell..these stories are told anonymously so as the story holds interest and not the person telling it..the stories i have collected so far have grouped themselves into loose categories so as i have tentative chapters being...1. Initiations Into Metal ( stories about 1st geting into metal ) 2. Heavy Metal Education ( stories about learning about metal ) 3. Horns Up For Metal ( stories about love of metal) 4. Metal Is More Than The Music ( stories about shirts merch etc ) 5. Heavy Metal Is A Winter Sport ( stories that are a bit cold and dark ) 666. To The Extreme ( out there stories ) 7. Metal Is Just Rah Rah Rah ( the critics )..if you have a heavy metal story you would like to contribute or share they would be greatly appreciated or any advice with publishing and that side of things i also would be very thankful for as i am only a dickhead metal fan with an idea and not a professional writer..can also e mail me stories at hellsenvoy666@gmail.com thanks heaps and look forward to hearing peoples metal stories...https://www.facebook.com/Hells-Envoy-1889702237954930/ link to Hells Envoy facebook page with example stories on there

fuckyeah's picture

Example story.......the first ever record i ever ordered was Venom At War With Satan. I had to wait over two months for it to arrive at the local music shop. I didn't know anything about Venom except that i badly wanted to know them. I could have ordered Welcome To Hell or Black Metal but i had randomly chosen At War. The next record i chose to order was Celtic Frost, i ordered Into The Pandemonium. Again i should have chosen To Mega Therion or Morbid Tales....thank fuck Cold Lake had yet to be released.

Nater90's picture

Nice idea mate, I'd be more than happy to contribute, Will type some stuff up.

fuckyeah's picture

Your a bloody legend mate cheers

Nater90's picture

All good mate.

bad_american1992's picture

Ask me about drug abuse and heavy metal hahaha I've got some tales. Ever watch a mid-40's junkie couple eat nachos off the floor at a GWAR concert?

fuckyeah's picture

Hahaha sounds funny as..must of been hungry

kaspersoldal's picture

How about flying skulls at a festival? I was at a festival with my mom... okay you can stop laughing now. She must've been around 50 at the time. She's a small chubby little lady with a temper. Anyways we're seeing this folk metal band called Huldre. She knows their violinist so we agreed that we had to see it (I love folk anyways so hey win win situation). So we're there and suddenly I just hear a "thump" and see her very surprised. Turns out the band has a habit of throwing out animal bones and the lead singer had hit my mom with a sheep's jaw. I had a hard time reducing my laughter to a light giggle just for the sake of allowing others to hear the music.

Der Todesking's picture

I actually think it's very cool to go to a festival with your mom, really! She must be awesome! I'm a bit jealous right now...

kaspersoldal's picture

I do like to think she's above average. It's nice to bond with metal.

Piss's picture

Reckon she's above average? Can you send us some pics?

kaspersoldal's picture

sorry mate no pictures. Just got a new phone after my old decided to burn a hole in my pocket.

fuckyeah's picture

Thats awesome festival with your mom, i have two other stories featuring mums at gigs so must be a good thing..must be some cool mums out there into metal is great..thanks for sharing mate awesome story

kaspersoldal's picture

I have to admit it's a special experience in many ways.

Scaryterri's picture

Wow, I wish my son viewed having his mom liking death metal and being by his side at concerts in the same positive way that you do. My son loves metal music but my preference is more extreme than his. Anyways, he turns down my car radio when I pull up to his school to drop him off because he's afraid someone will hear Obituary blasting from my speakers and says it would be embarrassing. All I know is, when I was growing up, I wish my parents would have listened to heavy metal music. It's like some kind of weird backwards world these days sometimes.

kaspersoldal's picture

We've always been close and since I have no metalhead friends nearby I just figured it'd be more fun than going alone. I mean they got me into rock and metal so it's only fair I get them into some other bands. Have to admit that yes she does have her embarrassing moments but it's still fun for both of us. I guess it depends on the age of the son. They're pretty much the only close family I have left and I'd rather spend time with her now than regret not doing it later on.

BlueDemon's picture

My mom always called metal "headache music". So yeah having a metalhead mom is awesome.

meaningless's picture

lmao dude..hahahahahahaahahahaha....great story...and about our mom's =
MY first concert ever...also my mom went to it with me, it was the release-party of Disastrous Mumur's first album - Rhapsodys in red..
and they had FREE BEER for every1 .....u can imagine what was going on there ;) ....it was also the last metal concert for my mom..hahahaha
but she still loves me :D

fuckyeah's picture

Got a good story today, had to share as most people on here can probably relate......It was a Mayhem shirt and i had to have it. I put it on lay-by, left the shop and started walking down the road. I turned around, went straight back and bought it. Fuck it i would just eat toast till next week.

Scaryterri's picture

Can totally relate.....I was in college living in the dorms on campus. All I had was $10 to my name to buy groceries (yeah, it was a long time ago, although even back then $10 wouldn't get you much)....Alice Cooper had out a new release and I really wanted it. So there I was torn between spending the last of my money on food or the new Alice Cooper cassette. Guess what choice I made....I jammed Alice Cooper right through the middle of campus as loud as my stereo would go. I needed to lose some weight anyways.

fuckyeah's picture

Hahaha nice story..understand was no choice at all..plus food is overated anyway lol

Thrashattck94's picture

At Brofest last month I went a bit brave and wore my Demonia boots to the afternoon show on the Friday. I got a good load of compliments from people and I think at least one person said she had the same pair, and was amazed at how I was walking in my pair. :D

formezzano's picture

Well i have a nice story for you:
Last year during foschfest here in italy I was looking at the pit for a second (I think It was Sacred Reich,maybe destruction,i have to ask my friends...can't remember ) and all the sudden I see a bright yellow shoe fucking flying above everyone's head right onto the stage and then,after the show I see a really pissed off guy searching for his shoe...no one told him where it was.
I like to think that he is still looking for it at nights,haunting the place for his stupid bright yellow sneaker

ProphetFx's picture

Ahahaha I think it was during Sacred Reich, when everyone just got into the pit. I also saw a drinking horn somewhere on the ground.

nameless_rites's picture

I have a story:
In 2015 I saw Watain/Mayhem (terrible show, dont recommend) but there was this hipsterish looking fellow in the front row who thought it would be cool to drink some of the stage blood Watain were pouring out. Unfortunately, it was real blood - and rancid from being stored unrefrigerated on the band's tour bus.

I saw him running for the bathroom 10 minutes later, and when I went in he was curled up around the *filthiest toilet I have ever seen* vomiting Watain rotten stage blood into the toilet. He spent the next 20 minutes wallowing in urine soaked toilet paper, rancid blood, and spattered feces as he puked his guts up. If anyone recalls the cover to "The Dead Shall Dead Remain" by Impaled, it looked something like that when he was done.

meaningless's picture

omg..haha..what a story..and i know how the Impaled Cover looks like..hehe (my fave album by Impaled..btw)

Nater90's picture

Can't remember what year it was but a few years back my brother was dating this girl, She noticed my band tops and said I'd get on with her sister and her boyfriend because they like the extreme side of Metal where she only liked Ozzy Osbourne and few other Heavy Metal bands.

Few weeks went by and she asked if I liked Cradle of Filth, I said fuck yeah their one of my favourites so she asked if I had the "Jesus Is A Cunt" shirt, I said no but would love to get my hands on it one day, She said well...You're in luck, My sister has it but doesn't want it, It's yours if you want it, So I said fuck yeah of course, The next weekend she brought it over for me and I had a local gig that night so thought fuck it, I'll wear it!

Back in the day I used to help out at local / youth gigs of bands up and coming, Some of them weren't to bad...Some were pretty shit, Though we still had a great night out.

Walked in the door one of my mates was like, Mate! Wicked as fuck CoF shirt (he's a fan also) I span around and said read this, He cracked up laughing and couldn't believe it! I got quite a few looks and because there was people under 18 and some of them between 12-16 year old's their parents came with them, Some of the parents complained about it, One woman came up and started to preach to me saying how God and Jesus saved her life, I said, That's your choice, I have mine.

The woman in charge said would you mind if we censored the C word because of the younger youth...Nothing against you or what you wear just don't want to get in trouble being as we are paid by the local council we can't risk losing funding, I said no problem put a sticker on it, The comity is called "Freezer" so for the rest of the night my shirt read "Jesus Is A Freezer".

meaningless's picture

hehe....well...pretty nice story dude.. 'Jesus is a freezer'...made my day..haha

Nater90's picture

Thanks bro :) still cracks me up everytime.

fuckyeah's picture

Some great stories..grateful to everyone for there time and effort and sharing stories

fuckyeah's picture

Got another t shirt story thought to share here.........On lunch one day walking back to my Audio Engineering class, and i hear someone yell at me "hey punk loser!" I turn around and see my teacher smiling at me. It took me a couple of seconds to register as to why he was calling me a punk loser......I had only just bought my Nailbomb shirt a few days beforehand and had forgot that "feels good to be a punk loser" was written on the back. Another time, years later (a lot of years),while out shopping, i was crossing the street with my partner and her 18 year old daughter, when from the car going past us someone yells out "hail Satan!" with their arm out the window 'horns up'. This time, i was wearing my Metalion shirt which has an inverted cross printed on the front of it. My partner and her daughter had a stunned look on their faces and seemed shocked. I casually acted as if getting hailed as Satan was the norm and we all laughed.

fuckyeah's picture

Another shirt story.......First year of high school, first free dress day (where if you paid 20c you didnt have to wear the compulsory school uniform you could wear whatever) and i remember this boy came to school wearing an AC/DC Fly on the Wall shirt with a flannel over that and tight black jeans and ugg boots. I loved his AC/DC shirt. I knew a little of them having bought High Voltage on cassette tape and i had heard Back in Black at my uncle's house. And now here was someone else who liked the same music as myself. I didn't know this other boy at all.....but i knew he was seeing a girl i went through primary school with so i asked her to intoduce us. We became friends, confirmed when i made him a copy of my High Voltage tape and he lent me his Who Made Who tape.

First day of college, i was wearing my Carcass Reek of Putrefaction shirt, and myself and two other metal mates (also displaying death metal allegiances) were walking through the school when we crossed paths with about a dozen or so other boys. Amongst these other boys was about 3 or 4 metal dudes. Now my mates and i had seen a few Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer shirts around the school that day but these boys had Obituary, Deicide and Morbid Angel shirts on, and we stared at their shirts as they walked by. My friends and i excitedly talked about how we had to meet them. Later on, after we all inevitably became friends, i remember one of the boys mentioning to me that when they saw us that day, and saw our shirts, they too had all said the same thing about us having to meet.

When i first moved interstate with my parents, i didn't know anyone here except a few cousins. And they weren't metal. I went to a few different pubs about the place to try and meet people (a girl), and one night while i was at the local having a couple, i noticed another dude at the bar wearing a Darkthrone Under a Funeral Moon shirt. Only i didn't know it was that at the time as i didn't know Darkthrone. I just knew it was a metal top. I am not sure what shirt i was wearing but it was some sort of metal shirt and after a while this dude came over and complimented whatever shirt it was that i was wearing. We talked about metal and he was the first person to introduce me to Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum and the whole Norwegian Black Metal scene. I have met a lot of good friends and good music through heavy metal shirts.

Metaldemon's picture

If have to say our stories are very similar except we would beat the shit out of the fucker that wore a Poison shirt or a Motley Crue shirt or tackle them to the ground and rip there shirt or patch off this was back in High school folks in the 80s so do not dispare! Where not out there anymore some of us now are in our mid late 40s or 50s and couldn't run down a fuckin Sloth. But we did have some common ground with people that liked Deep Purple, Rainbow, Elf or Cream or the Misfits after all those where the bands all the thrash metal and early black metal bands looked up to.

Der Todesking's picture

Yeah, back in the days - when it was pretty rare to meet ppl in (underground) metal shirts - it was like a uniform. Every guy wearing a cool shirt immediately became your friend. We only thought & talked about what we do have in common, & not like nowadays what we DON'T have in common! Like politics, who has the cooler shirt, who's longer in the scene blablabla! I miss those days!

Metaldemon's picture

You hit it right on the nose brada!! That's why usually when you see a battle jacket from back in the day like ours we only wore patches or talked about the badass bands that where making there mark and shit. Like you I also miss those days. No Internet no cell phones. Ha Ha Ha!! True old metalheads. Stay metal my brother.

Der Todesking's picture

\m/

Metaldemon's picture

Duuuude!!! where do you want me to begin man? I was born in 1969 been through the whole transition and emergence and continued fame of some of the most famous bands out there. I've got so many fucked up stories and shit from back in the day. My story starts with my Dad who's a Vietnam vet he used to listen to a lot of the beginning hardrock and early metal bands. I grew up on a lot of that kinda of music a lot of us kids back then had Dads that where Vietnam vets and Korean war vets so they all had some fuckin aggression in them. I went to Lakeside High school in Kirkland one of my school mates would later be the front man for Alice in Chains Layne Staley. We where all metal heads and we all had a grudge against the fuckin planet!!. There weren't a lot of sub genres except Glam which in my day was a bunch of FUCKIN SHIT!!! So there it begins with the big 4 and some of the original metal bands taking there devoted fans and starting a battle with the makeup wearing, hairsprayin fags of the metal scene. So our attitude towards anyone that liked those bands were considered Posers. A lot of it started with M Tv in 1981 and metallica back in 1982,1983 those guys hated those bands even if they opened for one another it was some funny shit! There would always be a fight no matter what. Our only way of knowing stuff back then was what you read in metal magazines in the news maybe or on TV so our influences where from those types exposures. Where I live is in Seattle Wa. USA and we used have major fuckin keggar parties and bong parties on beaches, parking lots, parks back in the day and all you'd hear is loud fuckin Iron maiden our Manowar or what ever was deatructive! and a lot of guys and girls fuckin around too. The thrash and heavy metal scene was slowing down around if say late 80s early 90s when Seattle sound (Grunge) emerged and a lot of us started getting married having kids and shit throwing aside our metal ways for awhile till the new metal took the scenes. I'm writing a fuckin book here let me know what else you want to know man!!!

Scaryterri's picture

Great story.....glad to see that someone else from the same generation as myself is still around with the same attitude and devotion to metal. I have a similar "life" story but I wasn't in Seattle, I've been in Kentucky and Tennessee all my life....talk about feeling somewhat isolated. It's interesting that you went to the same high school as Layne Staley as I've been reading an unauthorized book about Alice in Chains. Didn't know if anyone else on this site listens to or knows about them.

Metaldemon's picture

We are becoming a rare breed my brother!! Ha Ha Ha!! . Layne and a friend of his started this band back in Highschool called the Sleze 1985. Layne looked more Glammy than anything else back then but was a all out metalhead. Kentucky Tennesee! I have family from Owensboro Kentucky and some family from Virginia, I think the only difference for me and most of the metalheads in my area is we qhere right in the middle of Grunge central and witnessed the hostile take over firsthand. Very kool Scaryterri it is nice to talk with somebody as well from our generation. Stay metal my friend.

Scaryterri's picture

Yes, the AIC book I am ready describes how Layne joined the band, Sleze, and tells of his early life. The writer is very accurate. Btw, I'm a dudette, not a dude! Yes, I am one of the few females that could be found wearing combat boots and moshing in pits back before there were any chicks there! Will ALWAYS stay metal!

Metaldemon's picture

Ah maaan!! sorry Scaryterri. Yeah it was just a High school band a mutual buddy of ours Johnny started it didn't really think it would've amount to much except at the talent contest. Lol!!!!. Yeah the girls back then wouldn't really participate in a Moshpit brawl at least from my observation back then. Was kinda of a rights of passage for the guys ( bragging rites ). Combat boots and high top sneakers and a cartridge belt around your waist, your one of the privledged few Ha Ha!!. Me and you are kinda of a rare breed at it is.. But a girl metalhead Moshing it up!!??? Now that's reeaal rare! Very Kool Girl! Its an honor!!

Der Todesking's picture

I heard all these Glam posers immediately started to run when former Exodus singer & poserhunter in person Paul Baloff showed up haha!! R.I.P. brother!!

fuckyeah's picture

Nice little story from person at Gape gig last night.....my son got a guitar for Christmas and although he listens to top 40 pop music, the same as all the other kids, and rap, he secretly you tubed Slayer and has been practising,South of Heaven, to show his appreciation because he knows Dad loves Slayer.

Scaryterri's picture

Very cool!

Nater90's picture

Legend!

Metaldemon's picture

Ha Ha. Little metal dude!!!! My daughter is aliitle bit country and R&B oh well!!! Love her to death! Even if I can't stand her music! Lol!!

Nater90's picture

She still has a passion for music which is good, But her taste is a bit on the shit side for my liking haha.

Great father \m/

Metaldemon's picture

You know I cant argue with that really!! Ha Ha Ha

fuckyeah's picture

A big shout out to all my awesome t shirt slayer friends who have taken the time and effort to personally message and e mail me sharing their stories and experiences, is much appreciated, very grateful to everyone for all the stories they have shared. Thanks to all these amazing people there is now a wide variety of stories covering a good cross section of the Metal community. hellsenvoy666@gmail.com if want to e mail stories and again a big thank you to all.

Morbid_Welshman's picture

There were some great ones from my first festival; Some guy going around the circle pit for Kreator the wrong way and totally naked :L Someone from our camp running the entire length on the rooftops of the Porta Crappers, and the last one caves in and falls over with him inside :L And anyone here who's been to Bloodstock will of
Course be familiar with Bin Jousting! :L

bad_american1992's picture

Hahahaha those are pretty good

andermatten's picture

shitcomet open air concert

saw a band once live by accident on that main square in copenhagen, around 2006 or 2007. I was in copenhagen for one night bored in my hotel watching discovery channel and suddenly felt an urge to eat KFC hot wings. on my way to KFC I needed to cross the main square near the station but there was a huge crowd which initially pissed me off, but hearing music I thought let's grab a beer at a 7/11 and watch. this strange but pretty cool punk-hop band played before them on the main stage, then they played on the side stage. fucking best act I'd ever seen! I pogued for the first time in my life!! then someone turned the sound off and someone else said the police had done so due to complaints. nevertheless a couple of other apparently well known danish bands played on the main stage again and I went to get my wings. spent the next day sick in bed - the wings were great except for the very last one (of 20).

streetcrust's picture

Its not really that good of a story but.... A few weeks ago i ordered some new blasphemy merch ( a tshit and a hoodie ) After a few days i got a email from the merchguy telling me he lives in my area and wouldn't mind meeting me so i can save of postage costs. So we exchange emails agree to meet up. While waiting at the location we agreed on i was expecting a gnarly satanic skinhead dude who would kick my ass in every way shape and form ( Tbh i was just expecting a super intimidating guy ) As i was waiting i noticed a dude in a wheelchair rolled by looking around and he spots me. And let me tell you I have personally have never met such a genuinely nice dude ( He seemed super excited on me being into Blasphemy). We talked a little bit and he gave me some things to look forward to on incoming merch/colector items. I wont name to dude but if hes on this site let me say, Thank you. You are fucking awsome dude.... This might have been the best merch pick up ever.

fuckyeah's picture

Not really that good of a story you say?? Great story i say..and now you also have another merch contact..cheers mate

Der Todesking's picture

Really cool story, thx for sharing!

fuckyeah's picture

https://www.facebook.com/hells-envoy-1889702237954930/ link to hells envoy facebook page..example stories on there

Der Todesking's picture

Dynamo Open Air 1994/Eindhoven Netherlands... I was totally wasted on Acid. Ran around +4 hours looking for my tent till I finally found it! It was on Sunday during the last band was playing, after they finished a lot of the visitors left, packed their tents & went home, the place started to look totally different than in my remembrance + I was heavily tripping! Shit I already thought I will never find my friends again, & that they probably will leave without me next morning!! When I made my peace with this thought, out of a sudden I realized I was standing besides our tent, god was I relieved!! I entered the tent & was so happy! First thing I heard from my friends: Dude, roll a joint!! Haha! Damn! :D

fuckyeah's picture

Hahaha great story funny as fuck..sounds like your mates relieved you found your tent too as you had the weed lol..cheers man

Der Todesking's picture

They were just being lazy & stoned as fuck lol! In case you don't know, weed is legal in the Netherlands. Good old times haha!! ;-) Of course they would never have left w/o me, but in my condition I was sure they would. :D

fuckyeah's picture

Sounds like it was an awesome time dude

Der Todesking's picture

Yeah it was funny!

Der Todesking's picture

One of coolest stories happened back in 1990. I was about 15 years old & me and my buddy been totally dedicated to the Death Metal Umderground. We discovered the demo scene through a few fanzines & immediately been addicted to ordering demos, fanzines, tape-trading, gigs etc. Our fave band was Carcass, Symphonies of sickness was their actual album & we loved it! So when Carcass came on tour with german Atrocity we Of course had to go. I only had been to one Death Metal concert before (Autopsy & Pestilence in 1989), & my dad drove us to Frankfurt where the concert took place. We got to know that it was the birthday of Atrocity singer Alex 'Krulle'. Between & after the show we had the chance to talk to some of the Atrocity members. Back home we listened to the 7" EP from Atrocity (they didn't have their album out yet), & we noticed a phone no. of Krulle (vocals) on it, which wasn't unusual back in the days (no internet). So we decided to call him & be like 'Hey man can you remember us from the gig blablabla, for your birthday would you mind if we show up at your apartment with a box of beers?? We never thought he would agree, but he said 'sure, anytime! Only thing is I don't drink alcohol' & I replied 'no big deal, we will get some of your favorite drink no matter what' & we made an appointment. My dad (again) drove us the (about 1 hour Long, they were from our area) way to where he lived & we brought a big box of the orange juice he requested (LOL!!!!). It was an awesome day, we got to listen to the advance tape of the forthcoming album, we got to see the cover, & of course lots of stories! Later he drove us by car to Nuclear Blast Rec. guys, which at that time was a very very small independent label. In the evening we drove home by train & it was an unforgettable day! When the album came out, we couldn't believe we appeared in the thanx list, as 'the 2 orange juice boys Thilo (me) & Andreas'!!! You can check if you own the album! He was such a nice guy, think about we were so young!!

fuckyeah's picture

Mate that is a bloody awesome story..thanks for sharing..your dad sounds cool as driving you to gig and to singers house..that would have been so cool to hear advance tape and spend time with him and bloody awesome of him to invite you round his place to drink juice..what a great story so much awesomeness in it..old school days you got to love them much simpler time cheers dude

Der Todesking's picture

Thanx & yes it was an unforgettable day! So nice from him, almost unthinkable nowadays! Of course, they weren't a big band back then, but that was another example of what I stated in an above comment - back in the days it was like family! And yes my dad was/is still pretty cool. :) It was also great to meet the Nuclear Blast guys, as this was THE adress in germany to buy vinyl & shirts back then.
And also he knew we would go nuts if he put us in the thanx-list of the album, we young kids! That was awesome of him too!

Nater90's picture

Oh man that's fucking so cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Der Todesking's picture

Thanks for reading Nater! Can't believe this happened more than 25 years ago haha!!

Nater90's picture

Anytime mate, I'm really enjoying so many of these stories!!

Haha, Yeah I quite often look back and be nostalgic.

oldmate's picture

that would have been a fucking cool experience. really cool story man and its fucking funny you got thanx on the album. did you end up staying in contact ?

fuckyeah's picture

Again just want to express my sincerest gratitude to all my awesome t shirt slayer brothers and sisters who have shared their stories and personal experiences with Metal and taken the time and effort to contribute both on this forum and through personal e mails..so much appreciated

Snaggletooth's picture

I have many,but will put this one as so much shit happened on this day.

Iron Maiden:Piece of Mind Tour
Madison Square Garden,N.Y.C.

This was the first time I would see the band but on this same day my gf at the time said she was done with me,so she was a bitch thinking it would ruin my day,didn't do a dent told her have your shit packed when I get back.but I had an extra ticket so as I didn't really know any other people into metal,I asked my friend from work and he was from California and he told me he would go, but here is where it got strange he tells me I'm gonna go in a three piece suit,I told him you do that and you're asking for problems,and I begged him but fuck it let him find out the hard way and I knew I had to stay on alert to watch his back on the train we were about to board.

So we get on the train and this thing is packed with metalheads getting drunk, smoking weed you name it and just the vibe I could tell this wasn't going good and maybe a few towns down the conductor comes in and says "There are women and children on board" and someone yells fuck the women and children!

I could tell by the look on his face he wasn't pleased at the sametime me and my friend were near the door of the train but as I was talking to some people I heard some guy say let's get that guy with the suit and they used some kind of excuse to hit him so they did but I threw myself in front of him and told these guys you fuck with him you gotta go through me and they were stunned as they didn't expect that at all then I just went into a rage and challenged anybody on the train that had thoughts,those guys got pissed and started kicking out the windows on the train and that was it.

Next stop you look outside and the cops are all there waiting to bust people,everybody was ordered off the train,I was new to this area so I didn't know about the open container law so as me and my friend are watching people get busted,I was about to take a swig of my beer and then a cop came from behind and said you're coming with me,I was like wtf is this and my friend was drinking as well and nothing happened to him because he was wearing that suit.lucky for me the jail was just a block from there and it was packed I could see they were strip searching everybody but then they call me and say someone bailed you out and my friend came through,we jumped on the next train and I only missed Quiet Riot who opened up but he bailed on me and said he was going back home,I said ok and enjoyed an excellent show.

A couple of years later some guy I knew told me this chick in the town that all this went down at had the local paper and that my name popped up in the article haha

fuckyeah's picture

Great story mate cheers for sharing..liked how you stuck up for your mate and loved the bit about your ex at the start..at least you still got to see Maiden that would have been awesome..cheers again for sharing mate

Snaggletooth's picture

No problem, I have tons as I was there in the beginning and when it really had an effect on people compared to now.

fuckyeah's picture

Recently went to a gig and 1 of the bands playing that night, Anaal Nathrakh, were keen on everybody involved with the show, so the singer asks, between songs, "would anyone in the crowd like to come up onstage and masturbate?" After the crowd cheered a girl got up onstage and the singer handed her the microphone "has anyone seen a Sony Experia around i have lost my phone?"
Earlier in the set, after encouraging people to start stage diving, a blind dude with a cane got up onstage and after saluting the crowd with his horns up and unleashing his death growl into the offered microphone, he blindly dived into the pits waiting arms. There was a mighty cheer. All involved seemed to enjoy the show. I did.

Der Todesking's picture

Damn cool, that blind guy wouldn't let the fact of being blind stop him from trashing his ass off on a Death Metal concert!!!

fuckyeah's picture

Yeah man a blind dude with a cane stage diving was a definite highlight of the night..great night

Nater90's picture

Man that's really cool that people helped the blind guy, Respect.

Influx's picture

Got just a few minor stories to share:

It was at a Dark Tranquillity concert about three years back now? I mean the venue wasn't very big nor very full so the band was really helping pull people up onto the stage to jump back in, the poor suffering security at that show just gave up after a little bit. But then near the end Mikael decided he wanted in so he took a jump off the stage. Since the venue was so small we all caught him and we were all shaking hands with him as we ran him around the floor before throwing him back up on stage.

That to date was one of my favorite shows since I learned a few things that night but mainly that it is perfectly acceptable to shove someone who is giving you a hard time into a pit.

Secondly however,

This is a story about my dad. My dad has never been much of a metal head but he's a good guy. Without fail...to every metal show he has come to...which is I think over twenty at this point...he wears the same exact shirt. Its a Bob Seger shirt. My dad owns no other band shirts but this one and he said it felt appropriate. Without fail though my dad has made friends at every single show he has been at. I think at this point I'd feel bad to get him a new shirt but my sister and I got him into metal and we've made sure he's gotten to almost every Amon Amarth show in town in recent years. He is a very dad dad so he doesn't quite get it all even after being dragged to shows for the past ten years but he is so enthusiastic about each and every one.

He still has pictures of a guy in a wheelchair being crowd surfed on his phone.

Thirdly,

I was at the New England Metal and Hardcore festival years ago and saw a guy walk into the pit and everyone scatter. He well over six feet and built like a truck but that was not the impressive part, the impressive part was that he found a Christina Agulera shirt to fit.

fuckyeah's picture

Great stories mate cheers for sharing..what a great dad going to all the gigs sharing experiences awesome as..legend

fuckyeah's picture

In January Hells Envoy will be in print..if anybody who has shared their story on this forum would like to contribute their story or any other stories you may have to our first volume At The Altar Of Metal if you could please send an e mail with your permission to use your story in print that would be greatly appreciated hellsenvoy666@gmail.com
December 1st is the deadline to get any stories in
A massive thanks to those who already have and hails to all who have shared their cool stories on this forum

DarkValkyrieofDeath's picture

i dont have many metal stories, but i have gotten lots of compliments about my metal clothing when im out, an asian man complimented me about my gamer battle jacket when i was walking downtown, and i said to myself "you know your style is good when asians compliment you" i wouldnt call myself a weaboo cause im very picky about my anime but i just know asian people can be very stylish... also I got compliments and horns from a few people at a job for a cowboy show when i wore my jacket there, ive also had a lot of nice comments about it here on tshirtslayer and people from here want to play videogames with me now haha, you should do a section in your book about the community here and maybe other metal sites, because this is a very nice community here as far as ive seen

fuckyeah's picture

Good idea man will keep in mind for further Hells Envoy volumes..yeah mate our Metal culture is the best great little Metal community we have..thats what got me started with this just noticing everyone has a Metal story to tell so trying to create a platform in which people can share their experiences with Metal and try to give a good cross section of our community..all anonymous..cheers for your story mate

IFuckedRazorback's picture

My two buddies and I were on our way to Guitar Center to kill some time, and we had the windows rolled down blasting metal, Creeping Death at the time. It was about 30 degrees F out (which later gave me bronchitis), not to mention the windchill since we were going about 40 MPH. Two lanes over to our right is a 30 or so year old guy, going our speed. I stick metal horns out through the window and yell at the top of my lungs, "Fuckin' Slayer!!!", and the guy, whose window was rolled up, started laughing his ass off. My friends and I all fucking died, we never expected to see that reaction.

Cimmerian_Howl's picture

Nothing too crazy on my end , but I work in a quality lab and my coworker and I listen to a lot of death and black metal through our shift. One night our boss came in heard the music and walked out real slow, I'm assuming he had never heard such music .

Nater90's picture

Hahaha, Scared you'd burn the building down!!

Nater90's picture

Was talking to my boss couple weeks ago his son came up to him and said Hey Dad check this out!! It's Folk Metal, He was like ok...Wasn't big on it then the next day said to me, Ever heard of Folk Metal? I said yeah like a few bands, he said he's sons really into it at the moment, My boss is baffled that there is so many subgenres nowadays compared to his day.

Cimmerian_Howl's picture

No lie after I posted that the old tool man who happens to be an older Hispanic man, walked into us listen to Six feet under cover sweet leaf and said, " This is fucking devil music, why can't you listen to Santana?" And promptly left. He was totally baffled by that music. All in all a great night.

Nater90's picture

Hahahaha, That's fucking hilarious!! Santana is epic and all but Six Feet Under are far better. Nice!!!

Cimmerian_Howl's picture

It's always funny to see reactions to this music or shirts I wear to work. I work in a very redneck shop or as you guys call them boogans I believe, so anything remotely obscure or underground is not really given much thought and harshly judged.

Nater90's picture

Never heard the term boogan had to Google it haha.

Cimmerian_Howl's picture

My apologies I thought I was an Australian term haha.

Nater90's picture

Haha, We have one "bogan" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

Cimmerian_Howl's picture

Ah crap I added an extra o, my apologies to the people of Australia haha

fuckyeah's picture

Hahaha boogan bogan..classic lol

Cimmerian_Howl's picture

Yeah it was a Bush league move on my part haha

Nater90's picture

Haha, All good man!

Cimmerian_Howl's picture

For sure! Haha

fuckyeah's picture

Submissions for HELLS ENVOY Volume 1 AT THE ALTAR OF METAL close tomorrow
December 1..with well over 100 anonymous stories to go into print (all going well mid January) a massive thanks to all who have supported and contributed and shared their experiences..much appreciated

Nater90's picture

Oh wow that's awesome!!! Nice work mate

fuckyeah's picture

Thanks heaps mate

fuckyeah's picture

Thanks heaps mate

oldmate's picture

how will you release this ?

fuckyeah's picture

I will be printing it in a zine like format..on 55gsm paper being either 48 pages or 64 (with my graphic designer being composed at moment) with over 100 anonymous heavy metal related stories and various art..all going to plan be printing it on the 12th of January..examples of stories and some art on Hells Envoy facebook page

fuckyeah's picture

Hoping to have launch at MOFO..otherwise will be available through Hells Envoy facebook page or email hellsenvoy666@gmail.com and will hope to have some for sale on sale trade section on here..P.O. box and Hells Envoy.com being set up will post details when done

goretore's picture

In 1996 I went to see Danzig, who was the headliner and Type O Negative was the opening act. There was probably 50-75 people at the small club show. TON blew me the fuck away and still probably one of the most memorable shows that I've attended. Anyway, after TON finished their set, Danzig's crew set up their equipment and the lights dimmed. Before they started, I felt this presence behind me and my friends. I stand six feet tall and I turn around to a towering Pete Steele behind us. I quickly turn around to shake his hand and express my amazement of their music/show. Instead of saying thanks, he shrugged and said, "we suck, this will be the real show!". He stood there and watched the entire show. A modest genius!!

Nater90's picture

Damn that's bad ass!!

goretore's picture

\m/

sandmanforce's picture

Great story!

goretore's picture

Thanks!

fuckyeah's picture

Very cool

BLACKY's picture

I went to SLAYER/LAMB OF GOD show years back & nearly was raped by RITA HANEY.

I don't believe I'm that good looking, Yet Rita really seemed to like me quite ALOT. Nice Girl.

fuckyeah's picture

Hahaha nearly raped by her..gold

Necro Rican's picture

Not really a metal story, but when Vader performed here in my country, I was about to lose my car keys and I was about to get hysterical until they found it and I headbanged for the rest of the show.

fuckyeah's picture

Hells Envoy Vol. 1 At The Altar Of Metal now available!!
At 64 pages on 55gsm paper with over 100 stories and various art!!
$5 + $3 postage and handling (within Australia)
$4US + $7US (outside Australia)
PayPal available
Message hellsenvoy666@gmail.com to obtain your copy or through Hells Envoy facebook page or through Nuke the Moon Productions facebook page or through Black Bird Yellow Eye.com.au..also availble at MONA markets and MOFO next weekend Jan 19-21 at the Black Bird Yellow Eye stall..what's your Heavy Metal story?

fuckyeah's picture

Nuke the Moon P.O. Box 458 Glenorchy Tas 7010 also available if snail mail preferred

Beastlynerd's picture

Story time, when I was seventeen, I went to NYC for my first metal concert, the line up was Slayer, Gojira,and 4arm. I ended up hearing some cool stories and hanging with some of the older metalheads. When I got to Penn Station, in my infinite wisdom I got lost, I ended up asking some stranger, if he was heading to the gig, at MSG. He was cool with it and we chatted, when we got topside, he introduced me to his brother, who asked me, if I wanted to join his friends and him for dinner. You never guessed, who his friends turned out to be. FRANK THE TANK MULLEN From Suffocation, his girlfriend, and his friends. They remembered me, when I spoke to them about two years later.That night will always means beyond words to me. The show was mind blowing the friendliness was out of this world. For the first time, I felt at home, where I wasn't the awkward person, that some people perceived me to be. I'm now friends with all of the dudes in Suffocation, except the drummer. Long Island can be wonderful, if you find your niche.

fuckyeah's picture

Hells Envoy volume 1 now available through Ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/heavy-metal-stories-zine-Hells-Envoy-AC-DC-M...
Also after contributions to volume 2..deadline for stories by early May so can print a Winter issue..if you have any stories you wish to share e mail hellsenvoy666@gmail.com your story or if putting on forum here and also wish to contribute to print e mail permission to use your story..hails to those already supporting and supported before..legends..what's your Heavy Metal story??

Influx's picture

this is fantastic! I am gonna definitely pick up a copy of this! I am definitely going to submit for volume 2!

Nater90's picture

Oh fuck yeah, Fantastic work Paul!!! Have ordered my copy :)

fuckyeah's picture

Your a bloody legend Nater mate..cheers mate

Influx's picture

Would it be easiest for those of us outside of Australia to order through your email or the ebay? I haven't been on the site for awhile so I didn't see your original sale post

fuckyeah's picture

Probably through my e mail and PayPal if have PayPal..or ebay if easiest..either either..unfortunately the post to U.S. is $9 Australian and is $5 for book so $14 Australian total..wish post was cheaper..thanks for enquiring mate and let me know if have any trouble getting

meaningless's picture

oh...i just saw now..u have alrdy a part1..., maybe u have still some copys to sell?..i would take 1 pls :D

fuckyeah's picture

Sill available..if have PayPal..PayPal.Me/HellsEnvoy $5 + $3 P&H within Australia or $5 + $9 P&H overseas..all in Aussie Dollars..or available on e bay..or e mail hellsenvoy666@gmail.com..legend mate cheers

fuckyeah's picture

My PayPal details are
paypal.me/HellsEnvoy
If want to use PayPal

fuckyeah's picture

Thank you so much for the kind words mate much appreciated..if you had any stories you wish to contribute to volume 2 would be most grateful for..legend mate cheers and thank you so much for your support

fuckyeah's picture

https://m.facebook.com/Hells-Envoy-1941199859488500/
Link to Hells Envoy Facebook page

Nater90's picture

The year was 2014, I seen Carcass & King Parrot for the very first time, Few funny things happened.

Throughout Carcass' set there was this older gentleman, At a guess late 50s early 60s, Carcass would play a song, Jeff would talk, This gentleman would scream out PLAY SOME FUCKIN SLAYERRRR! throughout their set, Was pretty funny, I wish I had recorded it!

The other they played a couple of songs to open up and Jeff said, hello 170 Russell Street! (venue name FYI) right near China town, You know how I know that? because of all the bootleg t-shirts in the front here, Eh, I don't fucking care!! Played few more songs and then announced they'd play some new stuff and instructed us, if we hadn't all heard their latest album (Surgical Steel) just go home and fucking download it, they don't care, they just want the album to be heard and enjoyed!

fuckyeah's picture

Awesome mate..just want the music out there..cheers Nater mate

Nater90's picture

Very much so! No problem mate!

meaningless's picture

it seems there is a unwritten law on our scene..haha...i think i was NEVER EVER on a gig..where not at least ONE person, was screaming for Slayer...no matter which band is/was/will be play(ing)...hahahaha....crazy shit..hahaha

Nater90's picture

Hahahaha brilliant. Random Sir Elton John concert, Fucking Slayerrrrrr!!!

cambotero's picture

Not my story but my father in law story.

He saw the Ramones opening for Mike Oldfield ( among others spanish artists) back in 1980, but lets get in situation first.

5 years after the death of dictator Franco the spanish communist party (named P.S.U.C ) started to do all kind of events for the people and this one was one of its biggest of that year even in europe according newspapers. it was a 3 day festival named "la festa del treball" ( festival of the workers) it had games, food places, and music all day long. so they had the brillant idea to bring the ramones and mike oldfield at the same day. almost 150.000 people attended to the event that night. as he remembers people litterally went crazy when the ramones played their show: preople jumping from trees, breaking everyhting and running all arround. Later Mike oldfield played their set and everyone was so tired that most of the young people left.

here you have the news of the day later of that night, its in spanish but google translate can do the work.

https://elpais.com/diario/1980/09/21/cultura/338335206_850215.html

hope you enjoyed it :)

fuckyeah's picture

Thats sick man..Ramones in their prime and over 100 000 people going off! Filth! Cheers mate

ToxikAssault's picture

I was watching Testament with my older brother in the front row. My brother tried to reach for a guitar pick on the ground over the railing. He fell and cut his arm open, but he did manage to get the guitar pick. I also got a guitar pick, but I catched mine from the air. His face was priceless when that smug smile of his got wiped off after he saw me holding my pick.

Bitch Butcher's picture

Here's my story... back in 2008 once for Christmas my parents got me an iPod and I was happy about it that I had somewhere to listen to music but I really wasn't orientated to a specific type of music so one day I told my neighbor about it, he was about a 40 year old guy that did not look metal at all so he told me to hand him my iPod and he'll be in charge of loading music into it since I dodn't know anything. The next day I was surprised to see music like Dark Angel, Testment, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Wintersun, Cannibal Corpse, Heathen, Cranium and lots of other bands.
I remember the first listen I gave to Dark Angel.. it was Darkness Descends that album blew my mind, it was so fast, aggressive for what I had heard ever before and there I found our what I'd be into for the rest of my life.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead!

Nater90's picture

Niceeeeee. Just shows you can't judge a book by it's cover. One of my good mates dresses really neat, shaved bead, clean shaven, but loves Black Metal. If you seen him you wouldn't think it.

meaningless's picture

once a metalhead, always a metalhead! ...well said!! :D cchheerrrsss

Nater90's picture

Exactly right :) cheers.

Katafalk's picture

So many great stories !
Most of my stories are about injuries at concerts.
For example I remember this really drunk guy who did a stage diving at an Overkill concert (2010 in Lyon) and jumped like in a swimming pool. He did an open fracture on his elbow. After that he was outdoor and waited an ambulancy and screamed "weuaaahhh it's painful" with his totally wasted arm.

I have others "violent" stories like that. I'll post it later when I'll have time

fuckyeah's picture

Ouch!! Be spewing missed the rest of Overkill i bet..i would be..more violent stories?? Sick as! Injuries to others always good for a giggle cant wait to read them......

meaningless's picture

after reading some of the stuff here (later ill read the rest) ..its a very great idea it seems!!!...looks like there are a lot of funny story's out there. I defently would buy this book...if it ever comes to real..hehe, cchheerrrssss
(and maybe ill write down some storys too...we will see..hehe)

fuckyeah's picture

Thanks saying great idea mate very much appreciated..is great get some, good or bad, feedback..some great stories about and thankful for people sharing them..yeah man got any stories to share be filth..hahaha yeah book is reality 64pages over 100 stories and available now..either message me for details and have PayPal or available on e bay Hells Envoy..cheers mate

fuckyeah's picture
568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments