TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

Getting kicked out for crowd surfing?

KevyB92
Mon, 30/01/2012 - 18:05

The other night I was at MSG for Megadeth and Motorhead. My friend and I had seat tickets, but it was super easy to sneak into GA. Motorhead was obviously great live. Megadeth could have played a much better set list and had better sound. Anyway, during Symphony of Destruction, I decided to crowd surf. When the guard picked me up from the crowd, they fucking kicked me out. I've never got kicked out of a show before. I've never cursed out so many security guards at once. I was just wondering if anyone has had this same experience. If so, please feel free to share your experiences.

ErichZann's picture

I have never crowd-surfed so have never been kicked out for engaging in it. However, I have seen others get kicked out for crowd-surfing. Before doing it, peruse the rules, generally written on some big sign in plain view. If the billboard reads "no crowd-surfing" then there may be a no tolerance rule that will get you immediately kicked out for surfing the crowd. Those signs generally also say "no moshing" but I have never seen security break up a mosh pit or even closely watch one. However, if it is a rule, then security is free to enforce it whenever they want.

PowerThrashingDeath's picture

Never happened, did get dragged down the stage while trying to climb it during Exodus.. the guards were standing about 2 meters next to eachother and I landed there after crowdsurfing, I saw my chance to stand up and move very fast onto the stage... I was drunk and the guard was WAAAAAAAY faster xD

One time during Destruction on a small festival I made it up the stage while the guards were chasing me, while diving as high as possible he tried to grab my heel.. didn't worked, I landed on 1 person so I could call it a succes, just a nice victory eh! :P

Adrian's picture

I've seen it happen many times at many shows: especially arena shows

Tico Tyrant's picture

This usually happens at arena shows, on one hand...it sort of sucks, on the other hand...fuck crowd surfing!

....I only did it once at Maiden and during wasted years, but in a way it was still annoying for me. Crowd surfing messes up the face more than a mosh pit, because to often people drop the weight or aren't paying attention and in a large show, the ability to do that drops even more...so I can understand why they might no like it, but to completely kick you out seems lame.

mayhempunk666's picture

++++++++1 doctor d

PowerThrashingDeath's picture

SHit man, that's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG surf!

Deathcore.Is.Not.Metal.'s picture

I saw the Descendents live a few days ago, and this guy was telling me how he was almost kicked out for sitting on the floor waiting for a gig to start a few years back..

Kuivausrumpu's picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-PIaV2nXWs
It's so sad, that you can get kicked out for crowd surfing, or attempting to stage dive, by trying to get on the stage. In this video my friend/bandmate is trying to get on the stage, but actually the freaking security man punched him, and throw out of the place. Watch closely to the right corner at 0:13

Jimmh's picture

Haha kaveris vei huomion toiselta järkkäriltä ja pari muuta pääsi lavalle. Pari kertaa ite surffasin keskeltä mutta ei ne järkkärit mitään muuta kuin takas pistäneet/ohjanneet. Näköjään tossa kohtaa ollu järkkäri vähän turhan innoissaan.

Kuivausrumpu's picture

Jep, helvetin hupaisa keikka kyl oli, mut joo toi järkkäri otti helvetin kuumaa. siis tyylii niska-perse-otteella heitti sen pihalle koko mestast :D

vomitoxic's picture

Ei nosturissakaan aina järkkärit oo tiukkapipoi. Paitsi just toi sälli :D

Kuivausrumpu's picture

jep :D, ostin joskus kokiksen siit alakerran automaatist, just toi sama järkkäri takavarikoi sen koska epäili et se on blandattua. huoh :D

NekroDesekrator666's picture

Joo mää muistan kyl ton... Ja näin kans ku säki surffasit, ei voi olla tunnistamatta sitä sun lätsää :D

Kuivausrumpu's picture

haha fantastic, laughed for your story :D Too bad for the guard!

NeedToKill's picture

Never crowed surf, probably kill someone if I did. lol

I got kicked out for throwing a beer can on stage. I do it every year but I guess its to much for a rock show. Went to see Dave Lombardo with his Philm band. Security already knew me so I said "no ill myself out thanks." I was drunk.

578,656 items in the gallery, 884,161 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Würde dir auch alle 3 für den Regicide geben, also den HM Power '83, den Metal Bastards und den Freundschaftspatch
  • Der ist auch neutral
  • Thank you!
  • Cool one!
  • Awesome vinyl..
  • Der HM Power Germany '83 ist komplett neutral
  • Passt ja zur Truppe.
  • Kein Problem, schreib mich aber besser über Facebook Messenger an wenn möglich das ist unkomplizierter aber nur wenn das
  • Der Regicide wäre mir wirklich sehr wichtig
  • Klar dürftest du, der mit weißem Rand ist ein Freundschaftspatch und der HM Power '83 ist ein allgemeiner für die M
  • Sweet Slayer poster..
  • Nice Vader shirt..
  • Awesome patch..
  • Cool patch..
  • Nice patch..
  • Grazi