TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

German users, Looking for some guidance!

necrodonkey
Sun, 05/02/2017 - 18:38

Hi everyone!
I'm going to be travelling around Germany in late May to mid June. Looking for suggestions of places with cool local metal scenes, shops, shows or whatever would be worth it for a Canadian girl to check out!
Cheers!

necrodonkey's picture

I'll be flying into Frankfurt and ending there to stay with friends a few days. Definitely planning on checking out Berlin for a day or two. Looking to see as much as I can given my time frame! Prague is definitely on my list too!

DuckyBoy's picture

Ruhr area (Essen / Oberhausen etc.) is also always worth a visiting. Hamburg as well...

necrodonkey's picture

Thanks a bunch!

necrodonkey's picture

Ah wonderful, thanks Doc!

Der Todesking's picture

Berlin is a must if you come to Germany! Haven't been there for a long time, but it's always worth it! You should also consider visiting Vienna / Austria. Beautiful ancient city!

necrodonkey's picture

Thanks so much! I definitely plan on going to Berlin and would love to plan a little trip down to Austria as well.

Der Todesking's picture

You're welcome! Hope you'll have a cool trip! Maybe we'll see some pics on the Actionshots then...? ;)

dubtribe's picture

If you want to visit a good festival, you should check out RockHard Festival 2017
https://www.rockhard.de/festival.html
While you're in Frankfurt, you can check out the Batschkapp Club - good place for gigs & party.
In Wiesbaden the Schlachthof and in Aschaffenburg the Colos Saal ( both cities are close to Frankfurt ).
In Mainz there's a nice Rock Club called Alexander The Great - they always make some Rock/Metal parties.
Berlin is full of awesome Clubs, and also the Ruhrgebiet ( what DuckyBoy mentioned ) - especially the Turock in Essen.
Cheers :)

necrodonkey's picture

Omg, no way! Aschaffenburg is going to be my home base as that's where my friends live, that's amazing they have something there. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions :)

Noir.666's picture

Yeah...rock hard festival rules.
Any of you want to spend some time for a meetup there?

necrodonkey's picture

Holy shit, is this thing for real? Having a hard time translating and figuring out where and when. Help please? :] hahah

dubtribe's picture

Hi ... sorry for the late reply :/
So, here are some infos about the RockHard Festival
First of all a link to a website in english: https://www.rockhard.de/festival/infos/international-infos.html
And now my poor infos ;)
It takes place in Gelsenkirchen from the 2nd to the 4th of June. The location is a amphitheatre.
Bands confirmed so far are:
Opeth
Behemoth
Blues Pills
Fates Warning
D-A-D
Exodus
Candlemass
Ross the Boss (Classic Manowar Set!)
Asphyx
The Dead Daisies
Scyclad
Secrets Of THe Moon
Mantar Ketzer
Blood Ceremony
ROBERT PEHRSSON´S HUMBUCKER
Night Demon
Dust Bolt

More will be announced soon.
Tickets are available here: https://shop.rockhard.de/rock-hard/rock-hard-festival.html
There's a 3 days ticket incl. camping for 108€ and a 3 days ticket without camping for 86€

AND here's a female user ( https://tshirtslayer.com/user/melfromhell ) who will attend. She's from London and lives currently in Germany. I think you could get in contact with her to get more infos in better english :)
Apart from that there's a event group for the RockHard Festival: https://tshirtslayer.com/forum/topic/rock-hard-festival-2017wer-kommt-mi...

I you got any other question just drop me a line and I will try to help you.
Cheers :)

necrodonkey's picture

Thanks so much for the info dude, mega cheers!!

Hate-Blood-Murder's picture

IN FLAMMEN Open Air 2017 - Germany´s hellish Gartenparty
06.-08.07.Torgau / Entenfang

confirmed:

MARDUK (SWE)
MEMORIAM (UK) - Members of Ex BOLT THROWER / BENEDICTION
KRISIUN (BRA)
NIFELHEIM (SWE)
VALLENFYRE (UK)
FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE (ITA)
BATUSHKA (PL)
ABSU (US)
HOLY MOSES (D)
SINISTER (NL)
SUICIDAL ANGELS (GRC)
MOURNING BELOVETH (IRL)
GHOUL (USA)
GRAVEYARD (ES)
ALFAHANNE (SWE) - erste Show in D!
ARMADA (MEX)
PROFANITY (D)
BLOOD (D)
BEHEADED (MLT)
ATARAXIE (FRA)
MACBETH (D)
INSANITY ALERT (AUT)
KRATER (D)
SERRABULHO (PRT)
5 STABBED 4 CORPSES (D)
ULTHA (D)
THE GREAT COLD (D)
and many more...in Planung!

3 Tage / 39 Bands / 666 % Metal & No Commerce

Tickets im VVK aktuell 45Euro inkl. Versand / Gebühren / Campen direkt am Auto
www.in-flammen.com

necrodonkey's picture

Holy shit, it's gonna be hard picking between this one and rockhard for me lol. Thanks for the suggestion my friend!

Distanz666's picture

Check out Hamburg, St. Pauli, everything there is pretty metal, maybe check Club Zentral in Stuttgart, very small club but awesome concerts there

-Eikthyrnir-'s picture

If you come around End of april you might want to check out ragnarök festival in Lichtenfels.

Executer's picture

5th Underground Remains Open Air, June, 10th, in Göttingen (Lower-Saxony).
Bands:
IMPERIUM DEKADENZ
NIGHT VIPER
REVOLT
FÄULNIS
ATOMWINTER
JEHACKTET
CYTOTOXIN
EVOKED

their fb page. There you can find links to the bands:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1187980334630303/

It's a underground One-Day-Festival with about 400 visitors, different styles of metal bands are playing, ticket costs about 20€. (you can buy a ticket at the festival ground on the same day, it won't sold out). If you are interested in ask me for more information about city, festival etc. Some of my friends organize it and I'm living here.

MetalHorror's picture

Damn, Cytotoxin is a fucking sick band!!

necrodonkey's picture

Officially going to the Exodus gig in Memmingen June 5th! I'd love to go to one of these fests but money is tight lol. Thank you to everyone for the suggestions!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments