TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

FortarockXL 2013

VoodooChild
Sun, 25/11/2012 - 13:36

YO anyone going to Forta 2013??? just wondering. I know 90% of the bands announced now is shit (Rammstein BLEGH!! and I'm not even gonna talk about Delain..) but I personally like Enslaved and Hatebreed. And Motorhead makes up for everything. But like I said just wondering. MOTORHEAD!!!!!

Mental-Vortex's picture

I went to Fortarock 2010 and 2011 and I thought it was a really nice festival with a good atmosphere, but when I saw 2012's lineup, I immediately knew they were going commercial.. It's really a pity that it has to happen this way, but like I said: I totally expected it.

I'm definitely not going to pay 80 euros for this lineup, but for those who will go; have fun anyway ;)

VoodooChild's picture

Yeah line up this year sucks as hell. I went last year for Slayer only. And I liked the other bands. But I always go to gigs with friends so I just go for the fun not for bands.

Mental-Vortex's picture

Still, I really wouldn't pay 80 euros just to hang out with friends... Or I'm just a poor shithead, which is also kind of true. :')

VoodooChild's picture

I know. But it's grouppressure. Don't wanna be that one that's not going... Same group going everywhere one of us wanna go... That's why I've seen all genre's from core to reall metal. Even green day.

Mental-Vortex's picture

Aha, that's possible. I guess I'm more of an individualist. If I really want to see a band and I have to go on my own, while others are going to some band I don't really care about or one you can practically see about every week... I choose for the first one. Not always though, but it depends on the situation.

Well, enough off-topic nagging, I guess..

Lars248's picture

Well, the only bands I like so far are Enslaved and Motörhead. The rest I really dont like. Never liked Rammstein nor Volbeat, Hatebreed bores me very quick aswel. I dont know maybe I'll buy a ticket from marktplaats when the full lineup is announced. Since I'm a big Motörhead fan. :)

Also, I like park Brakkenstein way better then the Goffertpark. Hope the'll go back to Brakkenstein in 2014!

VoodooChild's picture

Youre right! Didn't notice they moved to another place...

biteyourself's picture

Maybe. Probably not. Maybe.

BeefCakeAssThrash's picture

nope, sorry.. 2010 and 2011 were a blast, but they've commercialized a tack too much in my humble opinion.

VoodooChild's picture

Yeah I know. But Motorhead is 'nough reason for me to go. Even if the rest of the line up would be: Tokio hotel, One direction, Justin bieber, all other gayass popshit I luckely don't know. I like Motorhead dammit. It is commercial as fuck yeah and expensive your 100% right there. Personal taste is important man.

sure dude, it's just that I don't wanna pay 80,- for Motörhead only :P I'm broke for 70% of the year lol. and I'm sorry, but I rlly don't see what personal taste has to do with a festival becoming commercial..

VoodooChild's picture

OH my english is fucked up as shit. don't get me wrong man. You beginning your sentence with I'm sorry felt like me telling you personal taste is important. Like in don'tgo if you don't wanna go or your choice dude... something like that. english isn't my strongest point ya know. And I always feel guilty when people apologize.

gizter's picture

i think i'ts quite funny that we are all talking english, up to a point we even misunderstood eachother, while we're all dutch, just so the rest of the internet still understands the discussion.

i won't be going if it keeps like this, i dont even like motorhead, i realy respect them, but i just can't get into it.

VoodooChild's picture

Yeah. But I follow the philosofy of treat others like you want to be treated. And if there is one thing I hate on websites wich are meant to be public.. It's people who speak in theyre own language. And I know what you mean with motörhead. I hated them before I became a fan.

Blüdrayne's picture

only dutch?
CCCOMBO BREAKER!!!

you bastard xD

biteyourself's picture

Well apparently they're announcing 10-15 more bands, so we'll see what they do with those spots!

Lars248's picture

Excactly, there should be at least five, hopefully more, good bands.

biteyourself's picture

Alright, i'm going. I'm gonna find you VoodooChild!

Merciless_Death's picture

Fortarock has had some great line-ups, but this one just makes me crap my pants. Out of all those bands, I'd only go for Entombed (and hope they play old shit, I dislike their death 'n roll stuff), Airbourne, perhaps Motörhead (which for some reason never interested me a lot; heresy, I know) Kreator and Amon Amarth (and those last two play at the same time). Hopefully, Fortarock will go 'small' again next year, but this is probably another festival which is dead to me. Volbeat, fuck, I can't stand them. The same goes for Rammstein and Delain.
Luckily, Dopethrone and some other Stoner bands are performing the same day in Roosendaal, so it will most likely be a day full of awesome music anyway!

biteyourself's picture

They said in a interview they probably won't go back to Brakkenstein so it's probably going to stay pretty big, I just hope they'll remove that third stage or at least make that third stage a completely different genre (within metal/rock). I disagree too that bands like Kreator and Amon Amarth are now playing against each other. Ah well, it's just a nice day out anyway.

vleermuisj's picture

Fuck yeah i'm going to Fortarock!
Rammstein < 3333
and i dont care about the rest :D they where the reason i'm going.

VoodooChild's picture

Ok! Ik ga juist voor Motörhead bijvoorbeeld en Enslaved en entombed. Ohja en Heaven Shall Burn. Ik hou zo van die band heh

578,656 items in the gallery, 884,161 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments