TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

favorite iron maiden album

no karate in pit
Wed, 11/01/2023 - 03:17

almost everyone loves iron maiden,so in your opinion whats your favorite maiden album

for me probably either seventh son or somewhere in time

Tina Taem 22's picture

seventh son ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป

MorticiA's picture

Somewhere in Time.

I know the album is often hated but actually do love everything about it; It's not even the first Iron Maiden album I've heard either.

no karate in pit's picture

i actually think its a great album

Heavy Metal Chemist's picture

This is such an incredibly hard question, but with a gun against my head .... Killers ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿค˜ It might not have the 'stone cold' classics on it, but the consistency and the punchy shorter songs, make it such a great album to listen to ... Not to mention the album cover ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿค˜

cza2129's picture

The OBVIOUS answer would be Number of the Beast...but I prefer Piece Of Mind actually when I heard the Trooper for the first time with those classic riffs I was hooked on this album... so if you're gonna die, die with your boots on...listening to Piece of Mind of course.

hell yeah man there are no bad maiden albums

Kofuv6's picture

1, Powerslave
2, Somewhere In Time
3, Seventh Son

Faber's picture

1. Virtual XI
2. Iron Maiden
3. Somewhere in Time
4. Killers

Rest of their discography vary betreden okay to nothing special imho.

Wow! Virtual XI is a very unusual pick. What makes it so special for you?

Faber's picture

For me this is a record where all the pieces fall together. Renewed energy, notch to the 70ies and early NWoBHM, with their own sound. Tight, great melodies, and I'm very fond of the vocal performance of Blaze. For once every song is memorable and rememberable (sadly that also goes for Como Estais Amigos...). Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger and The Angel and the Gambler are their best songs.

andermatten's picture

I think I'm gonna say 'live after death', because I had the VHS

that one is special to me cause it was the first patch i bought

Comella77's picture

Great home video !!!!!!

Lord Cthulhu's picture

I'm with Heavy Metal Chemist on this one - Killers

frankie530's picture

Tied with 2โ€ฆThe X Factor & Powerslave

Dr. Wilbur Graves's picture

Right now thinking Powerslave

StanXcalibur56's picture

Self titled

meaningless's picture

Easy - The Number of the beast
was , is and always will be my fave album, no matter how much i like other albums like Powerslave or Seventh son... ;)

From the tomb's picture

It change every day, depend of the mood, can't beat the 80's albums for sure, right now I'm into No Prayer, nobody likes it,
I don't know why, personally I like it a lot, lot of great songs there, better than the last albums, just my opinion.

Dr. Wilbur Graves's picture

I do like No Prayer a lot. but it's a mixed bag of goofys song and very dark songs. Not as solid as the 80s albums.

Valente Imortal's picture

For me the self titled and Killers. I always prefered Paul's voice and singing style (More of a raspy voice and less opera) and back then the band had this mystic aura that got lost over time with all that theatrical parade imo. Although I enjoy the next albums as well for me Maiden before and after 82 are like two separate bands.

IronSabbath89's picture

For me it changes daily between the first and Somewhere in Time. In general I think Iron Maiden never did a bad song until Mother Russia and that was the beginning of the end. From there the Band lost me, apart from some occasional highlight songs.

MrCrispy13's picture

Phase 1: Killers; Phase 2: Powerslave...what a fun tour that was with the egypt theme and mariner setup on stage.

Darklord's picture

7th Son ..is what does it for me.

ProfondoRosso's picture

The debut. People whine about the production but the street level punk sound is what makes it stand out to me.

kissman's picture

KILLERS.... By Far!!!!

Cardboardcity's picture

Somewhere in Time for me, narrowly followed by Seventh Son, and then Iron Maiden. Everything else is still wonderful, but for me, this is the cream of the crop with SiT having the magical quality that they couldn't quite muster up before or after.

flori's picture

current fave is piece of mind, but my favorite maiden album can change every other week HAHA

CEROXER's picture

X factor

Heavy Metal Marc's picture

Killers for Di'anno era
Number of the Beast since it was my first
Peace of Mind in general

Lloyd H's picture

The debut for me too. It's raw as hell, is varied but also concise and obviously a lot less theatrical/grandiose than their later albums.
KIllers and Number Of The Beast aren't too shabby either though!

now id say powerslave or caught somewhere in time or fear of the dark or piece of mind or number of the beast or the OG gaaah this is hard

HandleWithCare's picture

Killers, reminds me of my childhood & old friends!

MetalNDN's picture

The Number of the Beast.

ThatBillyGuy's picture

It's a tie between Number of the Beast and Powerslave. I'm always back and forth on this one but right now i think its Number of the beast but its a hard pick for me.

Jonathan666's picture

You and I have similar tastes about this matter! :)
\m/

Pascal1976's picture

There were albums that I fell in love with immediately while most albums needed more time to fully appreciate. Some I never have and never wil appreciate. The albums I immediately fell in love with are still my favorites. Somewhere in Time was my big love until Seventh Son came out, Killers is up there on third place after those two albums. I canโ€™t choose between SiT and SSoaSS though.

Jonathan666's picture

For me, it's very, very difficult to choose between Number Of The Beast and Powerslave. Maybe Powerslave wins, but only by a millimeter. Ad of course, as has already been stated here, there are no bad Maiden albums, each of them is valuable in its own way.

Teutates's picture

Somewhere in time tied with killers for me

ZillaMunster's picture

The Final Frontier with Powerslave as a second pick.

You don't hear a lot of people putting the Final Frontier as their first. What makes it such a great album for you?

ZillaMunster's picture

The album released when I was first getting into metal as a teenager. I was also travelling in the UK at the time, so I saw a lot of merch and magazines for it (Metal Hammer with the holographic front to be specific). I really found myself wanting to listen to songs like The Alchemist & Mother of Mercy on repeat, so the album influenced me a lot as I was getting into metal as a genre. The comic art they used on the singles El Dorado & Coming Home really appealed to me visually, as I was big into comics as a teen as well. I think the album came out when I was still in an impressionable age and I happened to be at the right place / right time for it.

Im working on an I.M tribute vest, and a large theme for it will be Final Frontier. The back patch is the 2011 printed version of the alien Eddie head.

Nice to hear that the Final Frontier means so much to you. As said, it's a bit of an unusual pick.
I haven't spun the Final Frontier for such a long time, although I have to admit that the post 2000 albums don't get as much spins as they deserve. I guess that soon I will give the Final Frontier a spin again. Quite curious to find out how I will experience it ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค˜

The Eddie is very cool, so it is a great choice for a back patch. Also not the most common back patch of the 'modern' back patches. Can't wait to see you upload your jacket here on TSS ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค˜

ZillaMunster's picture

I agree, I often do not listen to much released after Fear of the Dark album. Occasionally Senjutsu will come back into my ears, but that is a rarity too. If anyone claims Virtual XI or X Factor as their favorite, I would be curious, as those are very unusual picks to me.

I cant wait to upload it too. The back is currently 70% done, just need a few more strips to fill in gaps. The front I keep debating on the layout of, hopefully I will have it done in a few months and ready to be worn when I see them live again in October.

Sounds like you are making good progress. There are too many design options for a jacket. It can be overwhelming at times, but I'm sure you will make something cool. You still have some time before seeing them.
I've seen them last year in Amsterdam, and I can tell you, you are in for a treat with the setlist ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค˜

metalarchivesripsection's picture

Iron Maiden - Number of The Beast

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments