TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Favorite Album for Excercising

bad_american1992
Mon, 01/11/2021 - 04:44

What are your all time favorite records to work out to? Not just an individual track or mixtape, it's easy to piece a playlist together, I'm talking a full album here (though a multi-band compilation CD would count if it's an official release)

Blind Guardian - "Somewhere Far Beyond" takes the cake for me. The remaster fits an hour of weightlifting almost perfectly. Hitting some raises during the first couple tracks make you feel like a fantasy warrior, chill out with some stretches/core during "The Bard's Song Pt. 1" and come back with a mightly lift for 'The Hobbit' and the eponymous title track. Fuck yeah.

"Lock of the Wolves" by Dio is a close second, it's slow, heavy and gets you pumped up. People in the gym will give you a wide berth when you look like a fucking psycho headbanging all to yourself, you'll probably get the whole rack or bench to yourself!

What gets you Tshirt Slayers ready for a trip to the gym?

Kofuv6's picture

Bolt Thrower-Warmaster

I'm just imagining slowly becoming Conan the barbarian himself (and just as ripped XD) while i blast that album, and the lyrics makes it even easier for me to do that, unfortunately it's a bit short (46 min with the bonus track) and i don't work out that much anymore due to foot/leg injury but hopefully soon i can hit the gym.

Amon Amarth (Twilight of the Thunder God and the other albums in between to Jomsviking) works as well for me due to them being a bit similar and have the same kind of hype to the lyrics so i just imagine that i become a big strong Viking that will destroy everything in my path just for fun ;)

Prob some other stuff as well but this is what I could think of now

Spectrum's picture

Poison Idea - feel the Darkness and Disfear - Live The Storm are 2 of my fav. When I'm doing my stuff at gym.

bad_american1992's picture

Good choices guys.... yeah Bolt Thrower and Amon Amarth definitely have some powerful music! Hope your hoof feels better my dude.
Not super familiar with those albums, I do like Disfear though, punk drumming is great for hitting the track or the weight pile!

Thane's picture

I'm a lazy shit and don't work out lol after working all day I'd rather not. But my go to used to be Rust in Peace or Night of the Stormrider

Hahahaha I can definitely relate x_x Rust In Piece is definitely a great album to gym to

Hárbarðr's picture

Strangely, I don’t really work out listening to music that often - many times I go with friends, and we just talk haha.
But when I do, Into Glory Ride is the go-to album!

Jwilson's picture

One of my favourites to listen to whilst lifting is spectrum of death by morbid saint. It’s just so raw and aggressive and helps me push an extra rep or two out, especially when Assassin or Crying for death start playing. Apart from that, any old school death metal record works well too.

Hitting the weight pile to Morbid Saint is a high-testosterone move \m/

Metalmate's picture

Hateplow - The Only Law Is Survival
And anything by Stormwarrior or Later GammaRay

invisible-horizons's picture

Doing a plank for the entire length of Megadeth’s “Holy Wars…” is always something I like to do to keep my core strong. I challenge everyone to try it.

If I’m running, sprinting, or jogging, I like to listen to German Power Metal stuff like Helloween, Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Scanner, or Rage. If I’m lifting, I like to listen to Desth Metal like Morbid Angel, Death, Carcass, Suffocation, Bolt Thrower, etc… or good ole Slayer, Vio-Lence, Sadus, or Demolition Hammer usually does the trick.

Sounds more like Punishment Due man... hahaha. I will have to give that a try. Good choices!

invisible-horizons's picture

Hahaha! Yes, definitely! It’s tough!

Thrashersky's picture

Thor - Only the Strong. Dust - Hard Attack. Exciter - Long live the Loud. The ultimate trinity. Don't push it too hard bro

BloodFireDeath88's picture

I like listening to very groove-oriented and riff-heavy metal when I'm lifting in my shitty garage gym, usually leaning to more modern-ish sounding death metal. Goatwhore - Constricting Rage, Exhumed - Anatomy is destiny, and Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal are on pretty consistently.

When doing cardio and long distance running I always go back to just good old heavy metal, as of late Riot - Thundersteel has been my usual pick

Cardboardcity's picture

Like other folks I try to match tempo to activity, which means mid tempo heavy metal such as Kings of Metal or Fighting the World for lifting. These albums and similar both keep me pushing and also are paced well for maintaining good lifting form! For cardio I prefer speed metal or melodic black metal depending on how fast I think I can go haha…

Zahid Banama's picture

Dim Mak - Intercepting Fist. So angry.

So. Very. Angry.

Into Glory Ride's picture

If i had to keep it to one (which is what you asked for): RAZOR OF OCCAM - Homage to martyrs !

If this doesn't set you ablaze and make you wanna rip your Tank apart and crush the next PR, nothing will.

This record was - made - to lift to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhobqORXFnM

oldmate's picture

when doing cardio I like to listen to a mix...

I dont listen to music my in the gym itself, but if I do its always Pantera, Guns and Roses or SOD

386,082 items in the gallery, 807,144 comments, and 223 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments