TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Do/Did you wear your battle jacket at school?

LuLu
Wed, 28/03/2012 - 11:14

I personnally do that. Not all the time, but when I feel like wearing it.

almostwilt's picture

Uh yeah every single day. Never leave the house without it on.

LuLu's picture

Really? Even, if it's actually too hot to wear it? :D I couldn't do that, I'd sweat 'till death, if I did. :D

almostwilt's picture

well i wore it all winter, and now weather is getting much hotter and i still wear it, but soon just without hoody.

slaytanic1's picture

i would have, 'bout 30 years ago! ha!

lak89's picture

I work full time now, so nope haha.

Mental-Vortex's picture

Whenever I want to wear it

J.j. Ratte's picture

Haha not anymore! I sold it. But still wear the tshirts in my sparetime :P

Blüdrayne's picture

wtf. you sold it???

J.j. Ratte's picture

Years ago dude!

Blüdrayne's picture

a little part of me hurts now. :)

Augurk's picture

+1

vomitoxic's picture

I wore my former kutte's at schools and at one "workplace".
At my latest work I simply couldn't wear it but I mostly wear it where I want, When I want.

Tico Tyrant's picture

Back when I was in highschool, we were barely allowed to wear anything more extreme than Iron Maiden shirts....never had a full patched jacket then, because I didn't make enough money.

Now I wear it outside of school of course, but I've never once had a job where wearing that is allowed, not in factories, retail, etc....frankly I don't care though because there's plenty of other places I could wear it.
A lot of schools frown upon the kuttes, but it's not even that huge of a deal...whatever haha!

TThrasher's picture

I wear it most of the time. Perhaps in the future i'd wear it less but i don't know.

Croby's picture

yeah, most of the time :D

Evilution E5150's picture

does work count

LuLu's picture

Yeah, düde.

Evilution E5150's picture

then yeah all the time

motorchain's picture

Well, in my school uniform is compulsory so only use it when we get permission to bring civilian clothes or when I go out with my friends

LuLu's picture

Uh, düde! Wish we had school uniforms at the school I visit. Then I shouldn't have to get blind step by step by lookin' at stupid posers who really follow EVERY senseless trend (now here it's trendy to wear college lookin'/baseball jackets, leggings for chicks, skinny tight denim trousers with white basketball hi tops and nerdy big glasses (just like in the 80s!) and the ones I asked didn't even know it is such a revival! There are also many stupid hipsters wearing Rolling Stones shirts who think it's just a famous design that shows a tongue - I mean, how can ya be that stupid? And I sadly see the denim jacket trend coming ... -.-

motorchain's picture

Well here in Mexico is required to behave in school uniform (no matter if private or public school), very few schools do not use uniform, I understand what you mean with the trendy clothing, idiots in my school love to wear those stupid glasses as LMFAO and overuse abercrombie accessories,I remember when they saw me with my battle jacket they got away from me as 2 meters and started making fun pretending to headbang and scream as if singing death metal, but it does not matter, I never take away my battle jacket.

LuLu's picture

Düde, that sucks! I hate hipsters! I think all of them wanna be totally underground, but it's just a mainstream thing that won't end soon. And I hate those shitty glasses. Too many ppl thoughtit was just stupid to wear them, so why the hell do they wear them themselves now? That just doesn't make any sense! And I get also kinda annoyed by some stupid düdes at my school, even though it's not really seriously, but fukk(!), is that annoying! But, düde! What the heck are overuse abercrombie accessoirces? O.o

motorchain's picture

Abercrombie is a clothing brand that everyone wants to use and those who use that brand of clothing tend to treat others like shit,I hate that just because they wear that clothes they feel superior to others,but really are idiots who know nothing about respect and equality.

trenchraider's picture

its already arrived dude here in England you see hipsters walking around in those prepatched jackets that cost like £400 fucking asshats that they are....

whiteravenmetal's picture

yeah, at university

Ironhead's picture

I never wear it.

COTHRASHER's picture

every once in a while, especially if im going to a show after school

Ironbound's picture

When I was into wearing one I did.

mayhempunk666's picture

i wear mine every day, i used to only wear it once in a while, but now i rarely take it off

Metal_James's picture

oh yeah. all the time.

meaningless's picture

ok, my schooltime..is LONG LONG AGO.but i can tell ya: yes, i was wearing my Kutte every day at school. As i was in school. :)

NeedToKill's picture

If I were still in school, I would wear it every day.

MetalxThrasher's picture

When I feel like wearing it.
I've taken all the patches off again and I'm redoing it. Again

quixotic's picture

Back in school I wore my battle jacket just a few times. Now, at university, I wear my leather jacket, with some patches and buttons.
In about three years I'll be back in school, but I'll stand in front of the class, so I won't wear it. I can't even imagine wearing Metal-Shirts, aside from Motorhead or LedZep, as a teacher.

PhantomLord666's picture

If you would wear your battle jacket or metal t-shirts to school, you'd be the most awesome teacher ever! What subject will you be teaching?

quixotic's picture

I had an internship a few weeks ago at an elementary school where I wore mostly plaid shirts, but always with a metal shirt under it. I think that this is a good way, and I think I'll have some patches on my bag.
I'll be teaching physics and philosophy at an gymnasium (school for upper classes from 5-12 where you can do your A-Level or Sixth-Form)

And of course: physics will be fun with me!

PhantomLord666's picture

So cool! My chemistry teacher is also a bit of a metalhead. He's more into hard rock but he still has long hair and all. He usually wears a suit though. Could there be some connection between science and metal?

quixotic's picture

Seems to me like a great teacher. I don't know if there is a connection, I mean I know only one other metalfan who studies to become a teacher at the physics department right now, but that depends also on the low number of people actually studying science. There are some metalheads in philosophy, but they usually have a different second subject, like a language or history.

ToxikAssault's picture

Did you know that John Connelly of Nuclear Assault is a high school teacher nowadays?

quixotic's picture

no, i didn't know that, but I was aware that GENE SIMMONS was a teacher!!!

enok90's picture

Tomas Lindberg of At the Gates is also a teacher!

Alter dicker Mann's picture

Matti Kärki of Dismember too

Into Glory Ride's picture

Someone i know wears his Inquisition Shirt from time to time in front of his class.

CxMxD's picture

wait, can someone tell me how wearing something with the fucking sleeves cut off be hot?

almostwilt's picture

ya i know eh, i dont find it hot either.

Augurk's picture

Hahahaha no, because it isn't

IronMason's picture

I always wear mine! Eddie is my secondskin. but I had too take it off afterschool I rolled it up in my back pack,put on a cartigan and applied for a job,if I get the job,chances are I won't be able to wear it much this summer :'(

alski666's picture

I never leave the house without it

MetalThrashingMad's picture

If I had one ( which I will soon), I'd wear it pretty often

666filipino's picture

i have a plain black leather jacket and i have my crust/punk jacket . i used to wear the crust/punk jacket everyday but now since it gonna be summer im going to make a vest.

Augurk's picture

Depends, mostly not but I do wear my bulletbelt and bandshirts :)
But I used to wear it everyday (2 years ago).

Demoniac's picture

Oh man. that reminds me of way back when, when I was in highschool I took my bullet belt off during last block off school outside of class and as I was loading bullet belt into my bag the school cop came and questioned me, she thought they were real bullets and I was a school shooter or somthing!! I think I had a cannibal corpse shirt on or something at the time too, so Im sure that didnt help haha!! Good times lol.

Markbass's picture

Nope, catholic school and they don't even appreciate my shirts. How odd.

Augurk's picture

haa bummer

AleOldSchool's picture

didn't have one when i was at school, but i always wore bands shirts even if i was the only metalhead in the entire school.
cannot wear it now at work since i wear a stupid suit and tie uniform :-(

metalhead667's picture

i preafere my leather witch i never leave for any reason in school i save my kutte only for the sows

vomitoxic's picture

I am at the moment in Civil-service education-month and I have worn my newest kutte here everyday in everyclass.

ToxikAssault's picture

Enjoy your summer camp, sucker! Lololololololo!

vomitoxic's picture

Eat shit! But it's not summercamp nonono. This shit ends 23th of this month. After that it is 11 months in PRISON hahaha :D

ToxikAssault's picture

Wtf? Totaalikieltäytyjä?

vomitoxic's picture

Nope. Suoritan siviilipalveluksen siellä :D

Maddolis's picture

I don't have an excuse, no. I only wear it to gigs.
Mostly wearing merch but I'd find it a tad silly to wear it all the time- though I have nothing against (and do not wish to provoke) those who do.

Mitchell's picture

i do a fair amount..but some days are just too hot..damn you south florida

ErichZann's picture

I occasionally wear it to class. I wore it almost everyday when I first "prettied it up" as I was proud of myself. I pretty much wear it whenever I'm going out if it's not too hot, as my vest has a decent amount of weight to it and in SC, hot is way too damn hot.

Rboy93's picture

I have mine signed, and I get paranoid I'll lose it/get it damaged/god knows whats. I still do it though. Especially at our Metal Club meetings.

COTHRASHER's picture

you have a metal club at your school?????????? kick-ass!

Skunkspritz's picture

I wear my stuff to my college all the time.

The thing I find interesting when wearing my gear is that I get more complements about the bands I like from older folk then the younger folks. That REALLy makes me feel like I was born in the wrong era of music XDD I am making friends with people that can pass as my dad!

Blüdrayne's picture

tbh, people of that generation tend to be more chill and just nicer in general.

BlackMetalRights's picture

I wear mine most of the time.
I never wear it when i have my boots on, i find it looking kinda weird on me.

Tankard Emptyer's picture

In ten minutes I'm going to university.

Time to wear denim and leather!

ManOboy's picture

when i was in school o wore it every fuckin day.

Extremeaggression's picture

i wore bullet belts with skullfist shirt to my finishing-exams , battle vest only at warm days:)

Wolfspider's picture

I couldn't afford one when I was in school. But now I have one with sleeves I wear almost every day. Especially at night. It's cool up here in the Rockies. I guess you could call that a good thing about Colorado.

kertalaaki's picture

I wear mine at work.. Not all the time but when I feel like wearing it, I'll do that.

dennis221's picture

Yes and no... and that had a reason... well when i wore it at school the teacher wouldnt teach me anything because it smelled so bad and if i wore it in the class he said to me that i needed to put it in my locker... but when our lockers were also in a ''room'' so when i putted it in there... that whole fucking room smelled like:puke, beer, sweat :D

TheWitchburner's picture

Haha

Pickels25's picture

Almost everyday, unless i get a new shirt i want to show off.
I like buttoning up the vest with no shirt inderneath on a hot day.

Doctor Butcher's picture

Yes, When I Feel Like it too

Or1g1nal_S1n's picture

The only time I dont wear it is while at work because in im a mechanic

bad_american1992's picture

We'd wear that shit all the time in high school. There was like 10 of us all patched out. People thought we were a gang or something. Vice Principal tried to suspend me my "nazi eagle" Slayer patch. He later got charged with 2 counts of sexual harrassment. I didn't go to the best high school.

Nater90's picture

I don't / can't wear mine to work because I wear a fluorescent orange top for when I'm working on the forklift, But I do wear a band top every day under it!

LikkedbyDeath's picture

Nah. I have to put on a lab coat half the days I go to school so I only wear it once or twice every few weeks.

Blüdrayne's picture

Why don't you just put on the labcoat over it? Its cold enough in the labs anyway.

LikkedbyDeath's picture

It's uncomfortable.
It's lovely walking into the labs with this nerdy lot, looking very out of place with the denim and leather though. Who'da thunk people like us wear lab coats. :D

Blüdrayne's picture

When I come back in June-ish I'm paying your school a visit. ;)

LikkedbyDeath's picture

With that uptight lot around...? Fantastic. :-))

SAATANANVITTU's picture

i wear my leather jacket to university every day, and sometimes have my vest over it. when it's not as cold i switch between my leather and denin jackets.

DevilzForce's picture

when i finish my new one (hopefully by the end of the year) i will wear it every day !

Lars248's picture

I have done this a couple of times. No one seemed to care though.

maidenfan620's picture

Wore it in high school and still wearing it in college. Going to school in sterile and clean Irvine, California in a battlejacket is great! Haha!

alla2465's picture

My old one I didn't wear alot, I am making a new one and I am gonna wear that alot for sure!

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

Yes

Nater90's picture

I wore mines to my Xmas Dinner for work last night and some fellow workers liked it, My warehouse managers wife loved it shes in her 60's and was just amazed at what I've done

2hobos1box's picture

Not as much as I used too because collars really bother my neck for some reason and I tested out another vest without a collar and then it just felt even weirder x:

oldmate's picture

used to have to go to school in uniform

nuclearthrasher666's picture

When I was in school my jacked had only 4 patches but I wore it very often. I ever wore my bulletbelt several times !

alla2465's picture

I dont really wear my battlejacket to school, but my bullet belt everyday!

Judas Priestess's picture

I didn't in high school because I didn't have one then but I did when I was in college.

Speed or Bleed's picture

when i was in school i did wear my vest but now with the work its not possible anymore, and i wouldnt do it either when it was allowed haha just for festivals, gigs and partys

JesusLovesCakeFart's picture

Didn't have one in high school. In college I don't wear any of 'em. I'm already the "weird" dude in all of my business classes. Buncha yuppie fucks.

gizter's picture

i didn't have one when i was in school. i did have a army jacket with a fiew patches on it in the last year.

meaningless's picture

oh...my school-days are AGES ago..hahaha... but yes, i was wearing my kutte every fucking day. I had some problems, nearly every day, with all the spikes..with my BP (Autopsy's - Mental Funeral) ..my teachers werent rly happy with my outfit. But i gave a fuck..and was wearing it every day anyway.
I was not that bad at school, so my parents didnt mind what im wearing at school - aslong my 'school marks' are ok.

Johnny-Eyeball's picture

I finished school in 2007 but I did wear it occasionally. Granted back then, it only had a backpatch and a handful of smaller patches but no one really cared. We wear school uniforms anyway so it's not like I was wearing it in the middle of class or anything. Just do and from school, and during breaks outside.

MonoWhisper763's picture

When I feel like it. If it's too cold, time to wear it on top of leather, or my sweater, either one. I feel comfortable wearing it because my friend takes his occasionally.

AtrociousKontrol's picture

Always wear it, wore it to high school, wear it everyday to class in college. Unless it's too hot, then I rock the cut off sometimes with it on top but when its 100+ its just too hot.

TStorm's picture

Besides the fact that its not really a 'battle jacket' but more a denim jacket with a few patches, yea i wear it to school sometimes. the teachers and other students seem to dig it, ive gotten quite a few compliments from them.

PForx's picture

Yeah, most of the time.

Razmachine's picture

Wore it a few times at high school. Never had any trouble.

LifeOfDeath's picture

Yeah sometimes. I can't help feeling a little bit amused every time I wear my leather vest when going to a grocery store. Couple of weeks ago some old lady nearly dropped a fruit bag when I walked next to her (I was buying apples). I guess the leather vest looks like a biker vest or something. It's the same thing every time when I've not worn my vest in a long while in public. You start to notice the extra stares.

Blüdrayne's picture

I notice that too, and I make a point to be extra polite to people when I can. To show them that their negative stereotypes are wrong.

LifeOfDeath's picture

That's exactly what I do too.

PForx's picture

A couple of days ago I was out shopping Yule presents, and I was wearing my black metal jacket with a hoodie underneath, camo pants and boots. When I was heading for the bus to go home I walked past a woman and her daughter, and I noticed the woman pulling the little girl away from me while giving me a scared look. I laughed all the way home.

kertalaaki's picture

hahahahahah!

ThrashMetal1983's picture

I wore it all the time!

OffalOfferings's picture

I used to wear it every day
Now I hardly ever wear it to school. I got tired of people staring and trying to pull the patches off . Now I only wear it when I'm going to gigs or going out anywhere but school or hanging out at home

MattMan15's picture

I wear mine every day.

Queen Catsie's picture

Almost every day! I sometimes leave it off if I want to accentuate the shirt I'm wearing, but for the most part (like 27 days a month) I just wear it because it looks fucking awesome and brings me good luck :)

perkele's picture

During my aprrenticeship, I wore my Kutte sometimes at school usually when I was going to a gig/festival that evening / Weekend. If I had a presentation about something Metalrelated.

thrashing_death's picture

Yup. Almost everyday.

Now if only I could wear it to work. haha.

MasterDeath's picture

I wear mine to college, and everywhere else. But now my gf's wearing it to school, and I'm wearing my leather.

PinkPony's picture

All the time, except when the rare times come that it actually gets really hot here then i don't wear any jackets at all. xd

Odin þorbjörg Eilivsson's picture

i feel sorry for people that wear school uniform...

judascrust's picture

I had a black hoodie that I had a few patches & buttons on when I was in high school.... kinda stupid but back then I HATED punk, hated the music, the fashion, everything....well someone once told me I looked like a punk with the hoodie and I felt so insulted haha fucking pussy that I was

gizter's picture

hahaha.
completely diffrent, but then i was like 8 during carnaval (you could go to scool in a costume, kinda like helloween, but we didn't celebrate that back then) i dressed up as punk every year, i allways triend going outside in those clothes on normal days and my mother would scold me for that.
i allways loved the clothes, bus only really got into the music when i was 17 or so.

judascrust's picture

Yeah I didn't start to appreciate punk until after high school and I picked up a discharge "hear nothing..." CD and that album really clicked with me, started to like a lot of punk and hardcore after that

Toxicality's picture

Somebody once tried to tell me I listen to "screamo" and was saying it because of my Bathory shirt, I tried to explain that I listen to extreme Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, etc. They then told me that they are all exactly the same... I haven't spoken to them since.

judascrust's picture

Haha yeah its hard to explain this kind of music to people who aren't familiar with it and wouldn't like it even if they were.... I tell people I listen to death/black metal kind of shit and they'll say "oh like slipknot?" And they act surprised when I say no haha its like they could never even imagine anything being more aggressive than slipknot, but a lot of shit I listen to makes slipknot sound like the fucking beatles, like if they think slipknot is total noise and screaming garbage what would they think of old bathory or discharge or war metal shit like revenge or goatpenis or something haha its hard to talk about music with people who don't like true brutal music and have them take you seriously

Kastelan's picture

i had a couple of jackets, but the first one i wore for real is the one i have now. its a leather one so i dont wear it during the hot summer days, but when i go out or go to school i wear it. even when i go to work i wear it and nobody seems to mind (im a roadie)

Potatoes_Misfit15's picture

I don't bring my jacket everyday to school,only once a week. A bunch of people always compliment my jacket.

imfan1975's picture

I would, but knowing the amount of assholes in my school I don't they would probably try to tarnish it or rip off my patches

What kind of school do you go to lol?

imfan1975's picture

Just a normal high school, but filled with wiggers, edgy emo fucks, narcissists, and judgmental and over-dramatic people.

There's like no metalheads here either except for some kids into generic bands like Slayer, Metallica, Disturbed etc or those people who don't even have the interest to go into a bands discography and say they listen to said band.

I might have gone a bit too TMI but sorry man I fuckin hate this place!

I'm pretty sure there's got to be at least some metalheads in your school just that they hang out at a hidden spot.

gizter's picture

really, if you have to worry about people ripping off your patches, you might want to learn to sew better. just saying.

imfan1975's picture

I wish man, there was a chick however who wore a darkthrone shirt and even complemented me on my deicide shirt, but after a while I saw that she seemed to go more towards punk ( I can't get into it, but salutes to those who can!).

I'm pretty shy honestly though so I don't go around talking to everybody but next time I see a kid in a metal T I'll have to talk to that person, see if they're into metal.

I'm always fucking plagued with being classes with people who I mentioned in the other comment so that doesn't help my case. This of course is a great website to find other metalheads like yourself and many others, to talk to and share interests

Plague's picture

Damn...hang in there man! You'll find some others like u eventually. Just stay true to urself and fuck the poseurs.

NocturnalOccultist's picture

UPDATE 20/03/2016: Sorry, If that offends everyone I said earlier. There at time I crossed the line. I apologize for that. I'm not that sexist or an elitist prick! just fuckin around thats all. Forgive me. I learn my mistakes!

Yes, I try my best to find a nice woman who has common interest as me resulting no luck. Always be yourself.

grime81's picture

i think imfam is right, most girls i meet dont really listen to like hardcore underground music, let alone have sweet gear or vest or jacket, not trying to be a sexist prick just also notice

sorry if that offends you/everybody else. I'm not that guy who is a jerk! I crossed the line at times but I learn my lesson. Everybody makes mistakes

Misfits666's picture

I got to where i rarely talk to anyone wearing metal memorabilia out in public unless its a battle jacket or something that you can clearly tell that they are an actual metalhead and not just another person that thinks Misfits and Nirvana are just clothing brands. Aint nothing more worthless imo than a poser.

Queen Catsie's picture

Not sure if I answered this previously, but I do.
The way my school is, I spend every other week at school and the remaining time at a hospital (nursing student here), and I have to wear scrubs during the hospital weeks, so while I used to wear my kutte to school somewhat often but not every day, now I wear it whenever I have the chance.

grime81's picture

i wore my old vest to school until they ask me to leave (gladly comply) and i wear my vest and leathers when weather permits, crust pants as often as i can, i am too OG at work for anyone to say shit haha

BuriedUnderAFuckingMoon's picture

Yes i constantly wear my shirts and leather jacket and boots everywhere i go.

Heinz's picture

Not my current one; I didn't have it. What I had was a bleached out jean jacket that I decorated myself with permanent markers, paint pens and fabric paint all the mostly punk bands I was into. Wish I still had it too, but I think I got rid of it when I physically outgrew it. Soon after high school a lot of my old M and L size shirts didn't fit anymore either :(

THMManiac's picture

Yeah I used to wear it everyday even having to deal with fucking Yuppys, jocks, hockey players, And the sluts who go for the hockey players (99.99999% of my school).... one time I bleached my vest into this weird brownish sand color. I didn't wash it afterwards, I sat beside this dumb lacoste track pants wearing fuck and he couldn't stop telling his field fuck buddys how much it smelt. I'm glad I wore it every day. And I'm glad I regularly violated and insulted their personal comfort with it!

gizter's picture

i kinda wish i could've been that person.. but started my first jacket half a year after graduating..

Plague's picture

@THMManiac---good for u man!!! I did wear my leather jacket (didnt have a battle jacket yet) everyday. I was aprehensive cuz of jocks, etc. but i decided "fuck them, they're not gonna control me" never really had any probs (except one dude said something negative one day...only once...cuz i got right in his face and he shut up quick LOL) really glad i decided to be true to myself when i had a moment of doubt!

THMManic - I'm with you bud! I dealt that shit throughout high school lol

Misfits666's picture

I wear mine damn near everyday including at college. I always get looks from people like "what is this dude on?" but there's several people that is always like "FUCKIN SLAYER!!!" including a few of the teachers lol

Haint's picture

1988 8th grade I rocked my battle jacket every chance I got! It was acid washed denim with a Slayer root of all evil back patch. lots of small patches like anthrax, megadeth and metallica as well. eventually changed back patch to metallica kill em all. Dumb jock drew on it while I was asleep in english....prick.

Pages

578,656 items in the gallery, 884,161 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• where did u get it
  • I've never seen this print before. Where did you get it? Absolutely beautiful!
  • 👈👆🤘
  • -razor blue border gone
  • You struck gold, this is amazing!
  • AGREEED🔥🔥
  • Such a bad ass find!
  • You print this?
  • DAMN!
  • OH! I love that the back says ILLinois. I love sporting Bands from my home State!
  • Were these practice runs for Hells Head Bangers?
  • Good old German Thrash!
  • Die 3 zusammen wären auch einiges mehr Wert das es jeweils nur 50 bis 100er Auflagen gibt
  • Würde dir auch alle 3 für den Regicide geben, also den HM Power '83, den Metal Bastards und den Freundschaftspatch
  • Der ist auch neutral
  • Thank you!