TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Do you buy from labels? What do you think?

DoctorAMDC
Wed, 31/08/2016 - 03:40

I have like 100 cassettes , Vinyls and CDs on my collection. 3 of them were bought from labels and i have bought a lot of digital albums through labels too (But it doesnt counts). I mainly buy music from Amazon , Ebay , FYE, Odins Court (Local metal store) and even at Best buy (When the new Anthrax album was released) The reason is that labels are too expensive and more when its a European label (Im from Puerto Rico). I was surprised when i want to buy from Nuclear Blast US the new Amorphis CD since i heard it online and i fell in love with it , and it coulnt be shipped to PR because it "wasnt" USA when we are a US territory. I ended up trying to buy it from Nuclear Blast UK and when i see the shipping it was like 25 euros when the CD was 11 euros and just a CD. I have bought CDs from a BUNCH of countries including one Ukranian label and the shipping was just 6 euros , from Ukraine to Puerto Rico and thats REALLY far. Of course you get free bonus stuff. I got a Undercroft CD for free along my Mayhem Esoteric warfare from Season of Mist from France. I know its better to buy from labels to support metal but.... I dont have money for that, im a middle class person or else i would throw my money to Nuclear and all those labels. There are much places you can buy records: Amazon , Ebay , local metal stores (If you have one near like me "Odins Court Metal Imports") , Facebook groups and even here on Tshirt slayer. Just tell me what you think.

Nater90's picture

I have purchased directly off labels and satisfied about most transactions, But I always try and support my local record store, I go to one particular store more than others to buy stuff, But if they can't get it or other shops I go to hasn't got it I'll then go online.

When it comes to shipping, Yes it can be shit at times, I've paid more for shipping than the actual items to but Australia is far away from most the big labels so it is hit and miss.

As long as you support the music that brings us all here do it the best way you can.

Blüdrayne's picture

When your taste gets more obscure, buying from labels or directly from the band is your only option.

Into Glory Ride's picture

This.

PatchThePlanet's picture

+1

Goathammer's picture

+2

MasterDeath's picture

+3

DoctorAMDC's picture

I agree also

SmirG3l's picture

I also use bandcamp to buy from labels and artist directly. Also Discogs is good as well when buying used items. I mainly use bandcamp/discogs/labels/band directly all of them have went well.

Geraldo's picture

I've bought stuff from Nuclear Blast in the past and found that records and merch is usually cheaper direct from them compared to other distros and ebay sellers. Shipping was reasonable to but I'm from the UK so it didn't have far to travel.

Vectrex's picture

i almost buy everything directly from labels unless they don't have the stuff i want or are to far away from where i live (because of shipping). Sometime it sucks because Iron Bonehead is the distributor of NWN in europe but they don't have the same stuff...

Nater90's picture

I brought Kommdant - The Draconian Archetype from Iron Bonehead, The picture shows it with a patch, Emailed him and he said only the label (Aeternitas Tenebrarum Musicae Fundamentum) sells it with a patch, Doesn't mention on the add that it doesn't include the patch, Was annoyed at em for that.

meaningless's picture

80% of time i buy directly from the labels...since its always cheaper then to buy the same stuff from 'any' mailorder. The strange thing is @Nuclear Blast EU vs. US...in US..the stuff is mostly cheaper (way cheaper) then in EU...which is rly strange.
5% comes from different mailorders...and 15% is second hand stuff..i buy via online-fleamarkets and stuff like this (ebay, discogs, etc)

Chemical Burn's picture

I've bought almost exclusively from labels for a few years. The local record shop closed a few years ago and switched to mail order only but the guy who runs it still let's me pick stuff up from the office, and if I want something he isn't getting in I just buy it from the source.

578,923 items in the gallery, 884,231 comments, and 670 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Hi! Can you please tell me more info about this shirt?
  • its literally on osmose
  • Sexy
  • On the back print, first line, last paragraph. It should read “and when the WANING light” It says WARNING This
  • Wow looks like my t-shirt design was boot legged https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=725289879599710&set=pb.1
  • Ahh right. Where's the spelling errors?
  • nice one man
  • No, this version dosent have the sparkle print.
  • Firstly, the shirt is old. As they were only printed in Australia by MIM there’s not many of them, especially in LS.
  • 👌🏻danke
  • That black death backpatch is sick!
  • Yeay love this artwork, the artist very talented you can checkout his other artwork for other band just like CC,death, e
  • Schau mal bei Poser 667. Vielleicht hat er noch welche.
  • wow nice prints man
  • mmm nice
  • Thanks, it was a great show too, the moshing was so intense that one of the floor boards broke lool