TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Darkness Unseen - Metal video blog idea

archive
Fri, 23/06/2017 - 20:21

Hi everyone :)

As some of you might know I have a blog where I'm as a hobby mostly posting interviews with some well-known heavy metal musicians, album reviews and concert & fest reports. I've already been playing with the thoughts of making more out of this whole writing/reporting thing for years, and so my plan is to develop https://darknessunseen.wordpress.com/ into a video blog with live interviews, video album reviews and recorded festival/concert reports in the near future. The exact concept is still in the making, however, in case you would be interested in watching the videos, I'd be absolutely glad if you let me know this by a like on the FB page of my blog. https://www.facebook.com/darknessunseen/

What do you guys think of the idea? Would you watch a person talking about a classic death metal album or the latest release of some exciting new band if the person is not annoying, talks well etc? What are your interests and what would be your expectations on the videos (shouldn't be 40 minutes so it's easily watchable, stuff like that)?

You would really help me by mentioning how it could be interesting enough for people to watch it and what are the things that rather keep you from engaging yourself with such vlogs/channels.
I'm really grateful to all who show any sign of interest and thank you people! :)

Der Todesking's picture

I'm not on Facebook, & tbh I prefer written reviews. Concert or festival reports could be great if you could include some footage of the concert, that would maybe make me watch a video instead reading about it. However, I will check out your blog!

Nater90's picture

I have Facebook but only go on it now and then...I'd prefer to watch it on YouTube or your blog personally.

I think you have a really great idea, I'd be interested to hear your opinions on albums, I hosted a radio show for 18 months and I used to do gig / album reviews and rate them out of rubber duckies (most metal as fuck bath toy, Doc needs to change the flames to duckies).

I'd rather hear / see them instead of reading them in text format, Perhaps 10-15mins, Depends on how in depth you want to go.

I'll throw your page a like whenever I'm on FB next.

Good luck.

Living Dead Hedgehog's picture

Reviews of Metal albums by videos isn't the best way to have an overview of an album, for me reading a review is more efficient.
But, reports about gigs/festivals, interviews with musicians and other thing related to Metal culture is better to watch by video!
So even if Old School Heavy/Death Metal isn't really my thing, it's cool to see what's up in that scene so yeah, I'll follow your work if this is incorporated like this + upload your videos on YouTube instead Facebook directly, better quality and options available through this plateform.

Lastly, have fun with this, this is the most important thing to have!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments