TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

CVLT Nation "Sonic Cathedrals" (Skeletonwitch Mixtape)

Weasel Juice
Fri, 11/06/2021 - 13:53

Greetings fellow degenerates,

I remembered a playlist I used to jam out to from my youth from CVLT nation when they used to put out mixtapes by certain bands called "Sonic Cathedral" mixtapes.
It looks like a number of them are still up, but the Skeletonwitch edition has been quite efficiently extinguished from reality. I remember a few tracks but the majority are lost to time.
Is there anyone out there that has a track listing? I would love to rediscover some of these tracks, any info welcome.

bad_american1992's picture

You got me curious so I started looking at the CVLT nation playlists, and no I also couldn't find a Skeletonwitch appearance. Do you know what song was featured? I found a couple other compilations they appeared on from that era but nothing under the CVLT Nation Sessions. See here: https://www.discogs.com/artist/1105916-Skeletonwitch?type=Appearances&fi...

Weasel Juice's picture

The "Sonic Cathedral" editions were mixtapes curated by the artists themselves, so this was a playlist of favorites or inspirations for Skeletonwitch as a band. I remember a few tracks, but only a handful
Pentagram - Be Forewarned
Rammer - Toxic Fog
Kiss - 100,000 Years

But there were at least 10 more rather obscure bands that I would be super happy to revisit.
Its weird that even with my strongest google-fu I can't even find a mention of this existing. I know for a fact it does however because I still have a link to the (now missing) page on CVLT nation for this post. I wrote CVLT, I guess I'll see what they say, but maybe some random on the internet has the playlist saved like I used to.

bad_american1992's picture

I see, I see. Yeah I tried searching again, those bands as well, and couldn't find anything either! Discogs had a bunch of the sonic Cathedral comps but I've seen incomplete lists on that site before, I suspect that's the case here. Best of luck in your quest online, if you can find the mixtape be sure to let us know where, and how hahaha.

Shlager's picture

if you have links to the other Sonic Cathedral Mixtapes: please share!

Weasel Juice's picture

Here's whats up currently:
https://cvltnation.com/tag/sonic-cathedrals/

It looks like once they fall off this page they just cease to exist, no archive, nothing... And still no reply from CVLT themselves.

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments