TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Cropped Vests

Steve4427
Sat, 27/01/2018 - 17:02

Ok where do i start.

What do you guys and gals think of cropping a vest? Is that even possible? I was thinking of cropping my vest, so that it sits just above the belt line, due to various reasons. Any thoughts?

Fatal Agent's picture

Just do it. If you plan on fully covering your vest, there won't be too much fraying on the bottom anyway, if you're concerned about that.
If you don't cover it completely, you can still reinforce the bottom by stitching a line a little over the bottom with a thick thread, using a sewing machine. But denim is a strong fabric anyway, so whether you do it or not, you won't have much trouble.

gizter's picture

i have done it to 2 vests. buts its pretty hard to explain. i need to be able to show someone to explain how i do it.
you can see the result on my ''weeb trash'' vest on here.

Steve4427's picture

did you kinda roll it over before you put some stitches in the bottom part?

gizter's picture

sorf of, i cut off only the bottom part (which is like 4 centimeters) this only works for when its a really small part you need removed.
first cut like one cm from it, then you have 2 layers of fabric hanging out, you cut the inner one away as close yo the seam as you can, while you keep the outer layer intact, which you can fold inward and hold in place with a simple running stich.

now in all honsetly if you just cut the entire thing just below the seam there wont be much fraying ether, but that would look bad with a painted jacket like mine.

SoloveiMudak's picture

Just cut the belt part off, crop the vest, and sew the belt part back on, like a normal person.
Done this countless times.

Iron Animal's picture

just cut it off.

i did it to mine and dont regret it.
definitely Looks way better!

576,976 items in the gallery, 883,644 comments, and 659 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments