TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Cradle Of Filth 2017 New Song/Clip

TheSabbathsCreed
Tue, 11/07/2017 - 23:52

Here it is........if you enjoyed Hammer of the Witches your probably going to love this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNRIaeg6EyY

Nater90's picture

Gahhh, I'm at work, Going to crank it straight after work.

emperialmassacre's picture

Some of the riffs remind me of Stuart's stuff on Cruelty.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

There's a couple of great leads and a heavy break down part I quite like.

Nater90's picture

Not bad at all, Their new stuff is by no means great as their old, But for their newer era, Enjoyable.

Keen as fuck for the album.

Yeah, they'll never match their old stuff, but this line up is working well. It's very similar to any song you find on hammer.

Nater90's picture

Indeed, Yeah had the same vibe to it. I liked Hammer, For their newest stuff really like Manticore personally.

Did you see them live in oz for manticore. If you did......did you see the amenta play as well??

Nater90's picture

Nope, Haven't got to see them live yet....I used to waste so much money and missed out on so many gigs / items, But when I got my learners and started to learn driving I focused on saving a lot better and bought my first two cars all on my own, Made me realise the value of a dollar. I'd kill to see The Amenta live, When I interviewed Dave Haley I asked if there was a chance, he said not at this point and time (that was in 2014).

I thought the same thing.

VoodooChild's picture

Was surprised I really like it, wasn't a fan of most of their stuff except for the first releases.

Yep.....I got a bit lost when bitter suites came out.....though I liked damnation. Apart from that nothing really grabbed me till hammer

Influx's picture

I like it wasn't blown away but solid. For their new stuff I liked manticore and hammer but was not a fan of Venus aversa for some reason or another hopefully the rest of this new album will be solid as hammer though

I'm hoping this was the kind of odd....dare I say.....radio friendly track. But "right wing of the garden triptych" spun me out the first few listens. 2 new guitartists coming together for an older band......not bad. It's gonna get darker....I'm sure ;)

Charnel_Lechery's picture

''Some of the riffs remind me of Stuart's stuff on Cruelty.'' - Absolutely agree there... This album is definitely a highlight in the newer CoF catalog, I'm incredibly impressed.

Dark Buddha's picture

Oh yes. Rich and Ashok have really brought them to a new level. Manticore was going nowhere and can't say I listened more than once or twice. HOTW was a breathe of fresh air. Pre-order payment signed insert Digipac just popped up as paid on an email so assuming now shipped from UK.
Who's going in May 2018 (Oz tour) to see them?

Is it April they are touring oz or may......either way......I'll be there for sure!!!!!!!!

Dark Buddha's picture

I've contacted the band management directly and saying early May at this stage. They have the actual dates and venues but are waiting to confirm a few things before releasing officially. Can't wait! Definitely going too! \\m//.

Dark Buddha's picture

Sorta Paul Allender riff straight out of 'Honey and Sulphur' around "Torture garden rules of thumb apply to sacred flesh and the naked eye" part but that certainly helps give it that Cradle sound.

Piss's picture

I don't get how this band still generates interest.

I suppose it's like a lot of older bands that have been around 20years+...........you'll always have people that just love their sound or the new generations discovering the big name bands. I think there's people that would say the same thing about slayer or Metallica, iron maiden etc. Esch to their own I guess

Nater90's picture

Agreed with T.D.C, Though I haven't bought the new Metallica, I'll wait till it's cheap or free...I just don't get excited about their new stuff, I want the 94 minutes back I wasted watching Through The Never.....Was fucking dreadful.

Though Slayer I do, One of my favourites for many moons! Iron Maiden give or take, Got the new album for sake of having complete studio albums it's alright but only gave it one listen.

CoF on the other hand are unique at what they do, Being a vocalist I dig the uniqueness of Dani's vocals, I can agree it's not for everyone but if you're passionate like myself it's different.

Dark Buddha's picture

Nater90 Yeah kinda odd following Cradle and to be honest discovered Cruelty on an old forum looking for band boots and bought a copy. Followed since and even became mates with Paul Allender in "real life" LOL Who'd of thought but they are still a killer band, happy he left and he's moved on too, married and doing well.
My age group rave about how they grew up all "metal" with Black Sabbath, Zep, Purple etc. I play COF and they are puzzled and rather hypocritical. "It's NWBBM" and "What?" haha

I've been into cradle since the vempire/dusk albums came out and I've gotta say cryptoriana is the best thing they've done since the 90s stuff. Paul help make cradle what they became, but its obvious that he was really bringing them down as well. Getting 2 new lead guitar players that are also fans of COFs old stuff is what's made this band comeback to life.

Dark Buddha's picture

Exactly, DDVA was OK in parts but after that, not much. ED was nothing and Manticore I never play They needed a change badly. Definitely lucky to get Richard and 'Ashok' and get the band back on track.

Nater90's picture

Vempire is epic as fuck. I like the direction they have taken nowadays don't get me wrong but I guess it will always boil down to sentimental favourites.

Nater90's picture

Oh wow that's cool, Paul strikes me as the kind of guy you could go out for a beer with and just drink / chat.

Well my generation would be classed as Pop Punk & Nu Metal, I love both but prefer the Extremer genres and my mates give me weird looks at some stuff I'm into...

Autodial's picture

It sounds like a mix between Midian, Cruelty, and Hammer. I already knew this song was released but I only just saw this forum. I LOVE the song and I'm hyped for the album!

Think most people appreciate the work these 2 new guitarists are doing. To have people say it resembles the cruelty era must be quite rewarding for them. Also Danis vocals are way better than years past. Plus this line up shreds on the old songs. This Haunted Shores clip is a prime example!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BF91dC1DSko

Chainbreaker's picture

Doesn't sound too shabby. Not really blown of my socks though. I was a fan back in the day, but lost interest after Damnation And A Day.

Here's the second clip from the new album if you haven't heard it already.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s8r6DoD83ok

Influx's picture

I have a feeling I am going to enjoy this album

This and hammer is hopefully the rebirth of cof.....might be different but at least it doesn't suck like a lot of their past efforts.

Influx's picture

Yeah I hope so. Its one of those things where I understand Dani probably has to change his singing style a bit since I mean to be fair he has been doing this a long time so he's probably gotta deal with the struggle of keeping his sound, and keeping his voice!

Nater90's picture

Moister than an oyster!!

Influx's picture

If I could like a comment I would like this one

Nater90's picture

Haha, Cheers mate.

It's a hit haha you should get the rights to that one haha

Nater90's picture

Haha, I'd get some weird looks filing that paperwork.

Nater90's picture

Ohey Doc!

Can we change the flames to oysters? If something's 5 oysters it's moist as ;)

It would make a good back print for the next TSS shirt :)

Nater90's picture

Hahahaha, Fuck yeah!

There's been a lot of good comments on YouTube about this second song. I must say the last 2 minutes are pretty good

emperialmassacre's picture

The last 2 minutes of the newest song are genius. Dani sounds like 1996 all over again and the music is epic and that blasting makes the atmosphere even better

SEPULTURA's picture

Yeah Dani is pushing his voice right at the end there. Really quite an amazing return to form!!!

Metalmate's picture

Loved Hammer Of The Witches. They seem to have rediscovered the "Fun" factor named metal. They really blew me away with the last album.

I must of watched the new clip about 30 times I reakon and honestly.....I love the song more if I don't watch the clip. Appreciate the song way more than the video. The music is sick though!!!!!! Probably up there with the end minutes of......Queen of Winter Throned"

Fatal Agent's picture

I just listened to the new songs and they sound really good! Looking forward to the new album, I'll have to get this one definitely.

Influx's picture

And the album out in just a few more days! Not sure if you saw the "You will know the lion by his claw" video at all, that was really good!

Yeah there's a link to it on this forum already. That's my favourite song far!!!

Influx's picture

I definitely am going to agree with you on that! After Venus Aversa I thought i was done with CoF but man, I am so glad I stuck around to wait for all this new stuff instead of clinging to their past work.

Dark Buddha's picture

Album released today 22/09/17. Ordered a version from UK Record Store with an insert signed by the band. Can't wait to get it \\m//

^^ Did you get this copy yet??? Please put it up on TSS when you do!!!!

filthyfuck's picture

i uploaded the signed card ;-)

Dark Buddha's picture

The SabbathsCreed - Yes ... Finally arrived, took a while but worth the wait and also getting signed card is separate so you can play with it without opening the Import Digibook ... though I'm so tempted to poke around inside!

Exact same edition as filthyfuck has posted ... see pics :-))

Nater90's picture

Can't wait to get my copy, Digging the latest track a lot!!!

So I was just curious, now the albums actually out, what are people's thoughts about it. Likes/dislikes favourites???

Nater90's picture

Like I mentioned in the AUS tour post, I do dig the album quite a lot as a whole, Liv's vocals are very good because I enjoy what she does on Nymphetamine, Not for everyone I'd imagine but that album in general is one of my favourites, But because their earlier material inspired me a lot personally I tend to always re listen to them more than newer material.

Dani posted it is very inspired by the Victorian era of life and when listening it's very clear that inspiration!

If I were to rate it out of 10 rubber duckies I'd give it an 7/10.

I can't remember the name of my favourite track because I have my Bluetooth paired to my car so that displays instead of the track titles, I'll grab the album out and listen inside and get back to you on that one.

Death and the maiden is sick. Gives off a bit of a dimmu vibe. The first track is awesome....shame it's only a small intro track. Would love if they extended that over time!!!! Make a live version of it. And the fuckin crazy leads on this album.....my god.....these guys are thrashing them out every song!!! Brilliant!!!! I can't say enough positive things about this album!!!!!

Nater90's picture

True that man, It totally does, Love Dimmu also.

That would be pretty cool, Will be great to hear them live no doubt!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments