TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

Concert attitude

Katafalk
Mon, 02/04/2018 - 13:48

I would like to know what is your attitude when you're at a concert. Staying at bottom ? Staying at the bar ? Moshing like a maniac ?

For myself I like to follow the spirit of the concert. For example I can't imagine a thrash or death metal concert without moshing and slamming. When music is violent and fast, I want to see a total war in the pit.

Of course I can stay calm too and appreciate the atmosphere and music.

Date: 
Monday, April 2, 2018
Who is going?
doctordeath

Are you attending?

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

For me personally it has changed abit with age.
Earlier frontrow was the main thing nowdays i`m more of a "close to the Bar" kind of guy :).
I just like to have my share of drinks and sing along and everything.
I let the raging in the pit stuff to the younger guys.

oldmate's picture

I am the same 100%... used to be a fist banging maniac at the front row, or in the fucking pit...

then with age I moved to teh outter part of the pit, and now I am with all the other old cunts at the back next to the bar singing along.. also these days I use ear plugs...

Gollywock's picture

I'm always at the front, even if that means I have to wait for hours before the show. I can't fathom watching everything happening from the back (for small shows) or on a screen (for bigger, arena-type shows and festivals). I have to be at the front, with the best view of the band. If there's a mosh around me I'll happily take jump in but I'll rarely start one myself. Of course it also depends on the genre of the band.

grime81's picture

I like to wander around looking for people to chat about music with, useally skip the bar and gravitate towards the front as the music picks up where one completed dance action should result in falling on the ground

Stronthor's picture

When I was a bit younger I'd usually be near the pit, so I could jump in whenever I felt like it. These days I'm usually a bit further back, at the acoustic sweet spot, calmly taking it all in. I rarely get wild these days, except for some bands that I really, really like, in which case I try to get in the front row.

Corvus Corax's picture

I thought the punks mostly did pogo-ing and slam-dancing. The circle pit thing I remember being something that happened more prevalently in the 90's. I could be wrong though. I agree though. I'd rather be moshing than circle pit.

Katafalk's picture

I don't like circle pit too (seriously, what is the interest of running in circle during music ???). I think most of circle pit are during death, grind or thrash metal concerts for what I've seen.

But the worst for me are violent dancing during hardcore concerts. There are no contacts and it's just stupidly dangerous.

Nater90's picture

Since I did my back I tend to stand in a spot where I can see because I'm a short ass, and where the sounds at it's best.

Nater90's picture

True that Godzilla!!! :D I peaked over your shoulder in a strictly non homosexual context ;)

Vectrex's picture

no fun, no core, no mosh, no trends

Katafalk's picture

And no concert !

Corvus Corax's picture

Start at the bar and move my way forward. Ha ha,

nameless_rites's picture

I usually try to get a table with friends unless its an alltime favorite band

Vectrex's picture

lol!

nameless_rites's picture

Both the metal venues in my home city had tables; El Corazon in the back in the elevated section near the soundboard and Studio Seven around the bar above the stage. El Corazon had a separate room for the bar, which also had tables. Is that weird?

Corvus Corax's picture

Dude! Black Metal Cabaret. This needs to become a 'thing'. Ha ha.

Blüdrayne's picture

Watain already exists.

Lyx's picture

hahahahaha

Nater90's picture

Hahahahaha fuck!!! nailed it.

Blüdrayne's picture

I've accidentally been at a punk show in Brisbane held in a cinema. Bands were on stage, three people were moshing in the space between the stage and the seats, and I was seated in cinema chairs in the back row.

Katafalk's picture

There is a place in Lyon (France) called le Blogg with tables and even sofas at the bottom and on the sides of the stage ! And most of their concerts are free. For example I saw Absu and Impiety/necrowretch.

NocturnalOccultist's picture

Near the fire exits, just in case if theres something happen.

Blüdrayne's picture

It completely depends on what type of concert it is. The audience would probably behave very differently at a pizza thrash show than at a black metal show, for example.

Lyx's picture

I just get shit faced drunk and hope for the best.

bad_american1992's picture

Small venue: Leaning on the wall if the band sucks, up by the stage showing support if they're good
Large venue: Circle pitting / moshing near the security barrier
Amphitheater: On the lawn setting shit on fire

I've been a little more cautious about pitting after I took a stage diver to the neck at a Nuclear Assault show. I'll be feeling that for the rest of my life! Hahaha

Nater90's picture

That's where I saw the Leprechaun! He told me to burn things!!

bad_american1992's picture

"The voices made me do it!"
Me and my last girlfriend started a huge fire when we saw KORN a while back. We stole a shipping pallet, a plastic trash can, all kinds of shit and threw it into the blaze as soon as they started opening with "Blind".

Nater90's picture

Haha, exactly!!

Fucking brutal haha, I once set a fire next to the curtains almost caught em alight, another lit a fire next to a gas tank!

VoodooChild's picture

Used to be moshing. Nowadays I rarely go to concerts and if I go I stand in the back. Since I had a car accident some time ago I can't stand for very long periods of time let alone mosh hahah. in the local venue where I live we have picknick tables about 100m from the stage with a bar just besides it. It's great.

Kvltdad's picture

Moshing if it's a good band and the energy is right. Don't really mosh much if it's a hardcore band with all the spinkick's and shit. People get pissed off way too easily in those. If it's a band I really like, I try to get to the front.

Croby's picture

Depends on the mood and what genre band is playing obviously. If good thrash or death metal pounds I'll mosh 95% percent of the time. If a heavy metal band plays and the band is good, well, I'll either headbang or just stand in awe and enjoy. I am rarely in front rows though, I prefer the pit ;)

vkok's picture

Two meters away from the scene...close enough to musicians and not close enough to lose my hearing. Otherwise my entire office hears me talking the morning after the concert :)

579,099 items in the gallery, 884,283 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments