TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden dead at 52

rusty74
Thu, 18/05/2017 - 11:03

This is a shock...they say it was sudden and unexpected, the dude had some magic pipes on him and i enjoyed soundgardens earlier works alot.

You just do not know when your time is up....enjoy your music, t-shirts, jackets, gigs and every day you have.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Just heard the news myself. Sad loss!!

Lizard's picture

Just got a mesage from a friend about it... fuck, just fuck it. He was a damn good singer and it's a shame he's gone in such an age. It's also depressing that Soundgarden is also done.

Guess the Black Sabbath / Soundgarden-gig in 2014 was my only chance to see both bands and I was forced to miss it, argh.

Thrashattck94's picture

Seriously, 52 is like, too young. I'm genuinely surprised.

Bert's picture

another heavy loss in music, RIP Chris

Scaryterri's picture

Preliminary reports here in the U.S. are calling his death a suicide by hanging but a full autopsy has not been completed. Soundgarden was never a band I was really into but I respect the impact they had on music. Certainly one of the leaders of the grunge movement. Sad to lose another talented musician.

sandmanforce's picture

Too rude news! An Icon gone...

Scaryterri's picture

Soundgarden was scheduled to headline a major music festival (Rock on the Range) this Sunday with Metallica. The band had so much going for them, it doesn't make sense.

rusty74's picture

News site here in Aus says he took his own life...what you said - doesn't make sense, no one knows what others are going through.

Scaryterri's picture

Agreed. From the outside it seemed he had so much to live for.

Nater90's picture

RIP Chris....So young and such a loss, They have some really great albums and songs.

Sadly I never got to see them live.

Metaldemon's picture

This is very hard for me to fuckin express how I'm feeling right now. First is was Cobain then my High school buddy Layne Staley now its Chris. THIS IS SO FUCKED UP!!! What the hell is go in on man??? I was born and raised here in Seattle and still live here this really fuckin sucks. I hate getting old I'm 48 what the fuck is gonna happen in 10 years??. RIP my brother and say hello to my friend the spoon-man!!!!!

OmeletteDuFromage's picture

Layne Staley, Dimebag, Cobain, Sid Vicious, Chuck Schuldiner, Lemmy, Peter Steele, Cliff Burton, Johnny Thunders, Joey Ramone, recently Chuck Berry and Bowie ; guess I'll now have to add Chris Cornell to the list of dead fuckers I never saw and will never see live...

Metaldemon's picture

I absolutely wish you did see these guys live. They are all expenisial artists man. And tagged are genre of heavymetal to grunge. It was an honor to see most of them. Lets hope and pray that Eddie Vedder is in a good place he is the last original frontman for the grunge movement. Guys gotta be in pain right now.

Lizard's picture

What's about Tad Doyle of TAD? As far as I know he's still around thou TAD never was that big. Mudhoney is also still active so at least some survivors.

mike584's picture

I feel like Grunge officially died with him.

BroodOfHatred's picture

Everybody watch his cameos on the Singles movie! Great first introduction.

lambofgodfan00's picture

I still can't believe he's gone. Such an awesome musician and person. He's definitely had a big influence on me in many ways.

RandyIsShit's picture

I saw Soundgarden at 98 Rockfest 2017, I was both proud to see them before the tragedy and as well shocked that Chris died soon afterwards. It's crazy to think I saw a dead man perform live.