TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) Dead at 41

TheSabbathsCreed
Fri, 21/07/2017 - 01:45

Say what you want about Linkin Park, but back in the day these guys were pretty good. Especially Chester!!! Another suicide of another star, lost to young.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/arts/music/chester-bennington-link...

rusty74's picture

Was never into this band, but sad to hear, what is the fame and fortune if you are not happy in general life. Again too young.

Influx's picture

They were one of the first rock bands I listened to. As much as I mocked them later on still they meant a lot to me. Too young. Rest in Peace Chester

Nater90's picture

I love their early stuff, Fucking sucks ass, Chester was an amazing vocalist and lyricist.

RIP Chester.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Yeah I was the same....not to keen on the later stuff...but hybrid theory was sick. I had one step closer playing on the screens at the gym about a week ago and one part of that pushed me hard through that set!! Forgot how much some of their songs got me amped. Points of authority too!!

I got tickets to see LP at the last minute, very randomly one night. I barely knew minutes to midnight was out.
Now I'm more of a heavy metal fan.....but I'll go record to say that was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Little things give you away was fucking epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Chester............................RIP

Plague's picture

One of my fave bands!!! Very sad to lose such a strong and unique voice such as his!!!

It's a pretty brutal sum up of his life in that story. Meteora was sick as well. Sad for the other guys to....

bad_american1992's picture

Chester had like 5 children... the youngest twins are like 6 years old. He complains about how his childhood was ruined and now he fuckin necks himself and leaves all these kids fatherless. What a self obsessed asshole.
I can't stand anyone who doesn't stand by their own. Even if life is shitty your kids still need you.

Hmmmmm........hate to say it, but that's a pretty valid point.

Antonio's picture

Even if I'm not into LP, it's sad to loose another talented artist but, at the same time, I can't argue with what Bad American1992 said....

OmeletteDuFromage's picture

I don't agree. I can't agree until we clearly know in what circumstances this happened, because he could have had some pretty serious mental health problems that could prevent him from thinking rationally and clearly.
You can't really blame someone who is mentally ill for doing something irrational and selfish, like come on, he's fucking sick. It's not really his fault.
I've seen enough mental health problems in my family and relatives, I thought a lot about it, I was confronted - more or less personally - with these problems, so I mean what I say.

This isn't just about a rockstar not staying true to his message, it's about mental health and HUMAN problems.
You can't just say things like that without knowing the person, that's just mean and disrespectful.

But again, if it was Chuck Schuldiner you'd be considerate and respectful, but because it's the singer of Linkin Park, he doesn't deserve pity or respect.

Nater90's picture

Well said.

kereealazer's picture

THIS!!!

Piss's picture

He tried so hard, and got so far. But in the end, it didn't even matter...

Thrashattck94's picture

Edgy! O_o

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments