TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Biggest dickheads in metal?

JackieChanFan
Wed, 23/08/2017 - 20:20

Anyone who you think comes across as a dick or any run-ins?

Glenn Danzig
Dave Mustaine ( although has has mellowed out a bit in the last couple of years)
Zakk Wylde

emperialmassacre's picture

King ov Hell. The biggest asshole I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

On a side note, Rotting Christ are the nicest BM guys ever.

MasterDeath's picture

Strange, he's nice to me!

pigwalk42's picture

+ 1 withemperialmassacre
i know an ex band member and he revealed crazy stuff

formezzano's picture

Fuck yeah,met all of RC's members,really nice guys,I got to take some pictures with their bassist,only thing you see is his massive biceps XD

Ragnor's picture

Opened for Rotting Christ years ago, they're SUPER awesome guys!

Dark Buddha's picture

Tom has always been nice to me? Very friendly and more than helpful.

TooFastForLove's picture

I've known the two brothers from Rotting Christ for some time, and I do agree that they are one of the nicest guys I've met in metal.

bad_american1992's picture

One metal head in my town set his parent's basset hound on fire. That guy was a fuckin' dick!

Nater90's picture

Who the fuck does that....What a cunt.

Isaac Chroner's picture

A lousy piece of shit indeed!

Overactive Imagination's picture

I totally forgot about that! I remembered hearing about it

NISSE666's picture

wtf is wrong with some people?

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

I saw machine head years ago here in Perth. They'd already gone a bit shit by this point. They played a pretty big gig with arch enemy and someone else....can't remember who now, but It was a big show though. Anyhow, someone threw a shoe up on stage, it didn't hit Rob Flynn I don't think, maybe it did, I'm not sure. But Rob proceeded to point out the guy out in the pit and told the crowd to get him, beat him up etc....

I thought this was a total abuse of power and totally put me off machine head completely. That's how people get really fucked up!!! I'll always love burn my eyes and I'm not saying pelting things at bands is acceptable either, but that was not a good way to handle a situation.

Der Todesking's picture

WTF!!! What if some idiots would beat him to shit after the concert!!???

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Exactly........then he incited a murder potentially. Heat of the moment can get very nasty.....especially with drugs and booze

Claudandus's picture

I remember passing by when Machine Head was playing at Wacken(don't remember witch year). And Robert just comes of as a douchey edgelord overall. Sneaking the word "fuck" into every sentence and posturing like a self absorbed rockstar with a forced "If ya'll don like me you can fukk off!" tone to everything he said.
Some of their music might be okay, I honestly haven't really bothered to look that deeply into them. But that mans childish attitude put me off them for good pretty much.

VMBRAL SPECTRE's picture

yeah, I seen this happen at wu tang gig. some dude shouted something at ghost face and the crowd kicked the fuck out of him, pretty much tore the dude to pieces. The dude was trying to fight ghost though. I think the footage is on YT.

NISSE666's picture

I don't agree : )=

thegreatsouthernbrainfart's picture

Scott Ian hands down.

kissman's picture

+1

invisible-horizons's picture

He seems like a total tool.

Inferno's picture

Scott Ian is a sold out Jew York Zionist libtard. He is not pro-We The People.

Nater90's picture

Lars Ulrich.

Couldn't careless if he died.

Influx's picture

Oh honestly to hell with Lars. I lost respect for the guy after that metal documentary they had on tv sometime back and he was all we aren't sell outs everyone else is because they wish they were us.

Nope buddy I am pretty sure there are enough subsets of this genre now that not everyone wants to be you

Nater90's picture

Indeed, I just don't like his arrogant attitude.

Nater90's picture

No, I would like to I happen to like other albums apart from the first four that people only like, He's an ok drummer to say the least, But I just don't like his arrogance thinking he's gods gift.

Nater90's picture

I very rarely read what the media posts about them...

No doubt he'd be amazing live, Have you watched Some Kind of Monster? Parts of it he's being a knob.

Nater90's picture

Indeed, Don't watch / read fuck all about them.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Come on Lars playing in horrible nowadays and James singing Jebus :) !!!!
But everybody likes different stuff of course, cheers!

Nater90's picture

Haha I agree Daniel their nothing what they used to be like but I can still appreciate some of their newer stuff. I don't listen often because there is far better out there, But there is bands that have done worse!

Dark Buddha's picture

Yes Doc, twice. 93 and 98 Black Album era Jason Newstead on Bass. Lars was spot on during both gigs, must be the Sydney weather? He nailed both shows.

andermatten's picture

lars ulrich is poo, though I'm still open to be convinced otherwise (i've seen them live, sound was shit though so was the venue)

Nater90's picture

Haha, yes!

Damn that sucks, Hopefully you can see em again and it's better!

Dark Buddha's picture

Venue can be the problem though. Same venue '93 was blistering and crystal clear, top sound and uber loud. '98 the sound was dropped and compressed, disappointing. I don't blame the venue as noise complaints from "good citizens" (Entertainment Center Sydney) forced the issue word has it.
Techies heaven tho' checking out the two 19" rack mount cabs full of odd flashing LED's and levels. Shocked to find their light chasers were bigger than most bands full rig!

Nater90's picture

Hahahahaha, YES! My birthdays coming up hint hint ;)

Thrashattck94's picture

Joey Demaio of Manowar. He's a complete twat, if anything.

MasterDeath's picture

Karl Sanders. Complete and utter douchebag.

Gutturalsecrete's picture

DUDE YES KARL IS MEAN! I love Nile but his attitude has got to go! I asked him for a photo and said "Hey can I get a quick photo with you even though I'm sure you're busy" I said that because he was already telling everyone to hurry up and he said "Yeah I'm busy, but okay". He threw his hands in the air and rolled his eyes and walked away fast like a little kid. My friend who is the drummer for Desecrate The Faith asked him for a photo and Karl said not right now and then changed his mind and said "ALRIGHT TAKE THE FUCKING PICTURE ALREADY". I have no idea what's going on in his head but he needs to stop.

Influx's picture

Not the worst since these guys seem to beat him, apparently Chrigel Glannzmen is an utter arse and just uncomfortable to be around.

pan_in_ithyphallic_mirth's picture

Oh really??? lol did not know that. I thought folk metal guys were all supposed to drink mead, hail bro stuff, and party and get along with each other.

Schmier from Destruction.

SodomaniacGermany's picture

Why?

TheWitchburner's picture

I met Schmier a couple of times, he took his time to talk to the fans and take pictures etc. Seems like a very down to earth guy to me.

Unfortunately, that was my encounter of when I met. I remember back in 2011 when they were touring the U.S. with Heathen, I had the chance to hang out backstage before Destruction's set. I had brought some old school Heathen and Destruction posters hoping they would get signed. The dudes in Heathen, especially Dave White, were more than happy to sign my stuff and hang out. I approached the Destruction dudes and Mike was the only one that was cool and appreciative of the fans. I brought two Destruction posters: one was of the band holding torches (originally came with a limited version of Infernal Overkill) and a huge Mad Butcher tour poster which shows the cover of the EP. As Mike was about to sign my stuff, Schmier comes storming in saying that he didn't have time for this shit blah, blah, blah. I understand that he was getting ready to go on stage, but he could've went about it much better. That was my experience with Schmier.

My friend also met him and found him to have a rockstar and primaddona attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I love Destruction and Headhunter, but Schmier Is a dick.

The next time Destruction came around, Schmier was telling off the security guards to let the crowd stage dive. After that, someone from the crowd gets on stage and bumps into Schmier's microphone and accidentally knocks his teeth out. Schmier responds and says, "Thanks for knocking my teeth out,. Have a good night." The band then proceeded to walk off the stage after only playing a couple of songs. I don't blame him for walking off, but many people were pissed. Destruction skipped out on the Bay Area for the next U.S. tour, and played Sacramento (2 hours north of the Bay Area) instead.

They recently came back a couple months ago to play Oakland which was a great show!

That was my experience! He could've been having a bad day. I hope to meet him again under better circumstances because I really respect him as a frontman in Destruction and Headhunter!

I heard that the dudes in Slayer had issues with Schmier on Slayer's first tour in Europe with Destruction. I heard it a while back so please don't quote me on this.

He went all high and mighty at the last show the did in Sweden/Stockholm.
Not rude to the fans really but some other shit that really put me off the him and his band :/.
On the other hand i had some great time with the man he even cooked for me and a friend once during their stay in Sweden :).

I have a friend that works stage setup, and he said that Schmier is very specific about how he wants things to go, and if he doesn't get his way, he acts like a baby. He seems to give off a rockstar vibe.

Schmier cooked for you hahaha?!

Yeah he had some shenanigans going on before that made me NOT to support and buy a t-shirt for example.
Well yes i had the good fortune to be invited to the studio a couple of times when the recorded here in Sweden.
An old friend of mine used to record there as well so he and his band knew the people there.
He checked that is was ok for us ( 3 guys) to come over and just hang out.
We did and we had a great time drank alot and had a killer time!
When they did the "Antichrist" album we went there again and stayed for the night and everything.
Great times and Schmier made this awesome pasta dish for the rest of the band and us (actually only Mike as Sven the drummer had gone home to Germany at the time) i remember :)!
Great times!

Dr. Fill's picture

Yes. Schmier is a dick. I toured with him. He kicked me out of venue showers on four or five different occasions. He kicked John from Warbriner out of a bathroom while John was on the toilet by trying to break down the door. Other lowlights include UDO, whose bus was stuck on the side of the road in my small hometown of 8500 residents (what a weird coincidence) and I drove down to say hi and meet the band and they were like "screw you." Also Tony from So ata Arctica who when I asked for an autograph said "no." Class act!

miggy_666's picture

Maynard is pretty fucking unbearable now.

pan_in_ithyphallic_mirth's picture

I cant think of that guy as being anything but.

I think I heard recently he came out as very on the conservative political side lately. Which is really bad considering the mild homo-erotic imagery Tool used to use, the groups drug use, and how they once faced censorship pushed by the same conservative political system they are now supporting!

Thrashattck94's picture

Gene Simmons is also a good candidate. Imo, he's okay as a bassist but as a person he deserves to be crucified in flames. Both his body and his hyper inflated ego.

Gene is beyond ridiculous!

darling_decay's picture

I thought he was nice, I met him last month when he was touring with his band. He invited a few people on stage to sing with him (I happened to be one of those people) and he even let me take a picture with him and fist bumped me afterwards.
But that's just my experience

kissman's picture

Scott Ian is the biggest dick in Metal... hands down!

madbutcher's picture

Blackie with no doubt!

I wouldn't doubt it.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

Don't get the hate with Danzig, got to meet him after a show and he signed like 8 things (was a 3 item limit.

Personally the only dickhead moment I've had was when Jeff Becarra refused to meet any of his fans after the show that weren't part of his NYDM "club".

Der Todesking's picture

Wtf, & I thought Jeff is really a nice guy...

vassago1974's picture

Same here about Danzig. Back in the day when I saw him in the early 90s, he signed my copy of Black Aria and the whole band signed my copy of Lucifuge. Great guys.

NISSE666's picture

I met (or rather stalked him) in a clothing store in Los Angeles 1990, he was there with his blond girlfriend, she was really annoyed that a fan approached him, but he was really nice and it was ok that i took a picture of him. He asked where we came from and so on.

Luisanorhr's picture

Phil Anselmo.

Der Todesking's picture

+1 Haven't met him personally but some of my friends did...

dlasater's picture

Dave Mustaine....i told him the music he created in the early days helped me go through my mothers death of cancer(which is all true)... The guy laughed at me like he couldn't care less(which is very true). It was my mom who bought all the deth albums for me when I was younger..I like the youthanasia album art/design very much, I actually own a few shirts from that album....but this IS what a so called Christian hypocrit is. From my experience, he's just running a buisiness & really doesn't care about all of his fans.

OmeletteDuFromage's picture

That's just sad, I would have punched him in the face if he laughed at me for saying his music helped me go through this shit...
Not cool dave, not cool

dlasater's picture

One of the best: Dani from cradle..met twice, always listens to you & will never interrupt. First time meeting was unexpectedly in a head shop next to the venue they were playing. I had no idea he was there, just walked right in to have a look around. I had one of my cradle albums in my car with the paper insert , Dani agreed to wait in the store while I went back to the parking lot to get it, come back to the shop, and have it signed. This was in the year 2000 though...could be a different story with this guy, but he's always been extremely patient when we've met.

Dark Buddha's picture

Cradle had a 6 am lobby call to fly to Perth, was nearly 2 am outside the venue after the gig but Dani, last out, still signed stuff, pics, for every person that waited. No-one missed out. Who does that? Pretty amazing.

dlasater's picture

Very true! Dani has always been very patient and proper every single time....When you stand next to him (for autographs, pics, or whatever) you can see why he has so much success in a very competitive business. He gives everyone attention, he leaves no one out.

Dark Buddha's picture

Sorry forgot to say 2013 in Sydney. Seems nothing's changed though. Yes he did listen but I deliberately kept it short as Paul Allender mentioned the 6 am call earlier. Paul also went out of his way to have a chat though. Told me to wait till after all autographs/pics done and later saw him looking around, realized he was looking for where I went LOL. Dark outside venue parking area. Obv. I raced over squealing "Here ... I'm here" like a starstruck schoolgirl hahaha How embarrassing looking back but he was great too. The drivers wanted to go but he stayed for ages! Amazing.

VoodooChild's picture

Yngwie Malmsteen

Morbid_Welshman's picture

Fortunately not met any bands who turned out to be Dickheads, but Joey Demaio seems to be a prime culprit. Some friends of mine went to see Manowar, paid an extortionate amount for a "Warriors of Metal" package, in which you supposedly got to meet them after the show and have quite some time with them. Instead, some roadie came out, gave them each a signed postcard and told them to fuck off!

Thrashattck94's picture

Joey Demaio. 1/8 humanity, 7/8 up-his-own-shitpipe twat.

Gaaah, that Joey story didn`t help me buying a Manowar tickets for 1200 sek ( 115 ยฃ ) hahaha :)!

Well are they trying to beat KISS in their own game i wonder :)
http://www.thekingdomofsteel.eu/ultimate-fan-experience-upgrade/

Nater90's picture

That's fucked....

vassago1974's picture

Even though she's not technically in a band, Sharon Osbourne...especially after that shit she pulled against Iron Maiden in 2005. And the whole "re-recording of Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake's parts" on the early Ozzy albums -- that was her decision (confirmed by Ozzy himself).

JackieChanFan's picture

Nice guy:
Paul Caiafa aka Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein
Haven't met the guy myself, but a friend of mine did & said he is an absolute gentleman

Morbid_Welshman's picture

Same for when I met Bruce Dickinson and Nicko McBrain! (Two separate occasions) Bruce missed his train to stick around meet everyone, and even signed and had photos with absolutely everyone! And Nicko did the same and had a Beer with us all too! Such a great thing to see first-hand that fame doesn't go to everyone's heads!

Corvus Corax's picture

Doyle is super nice. I hung out a small bit with him after a show many years ago.

Claudandus's picture

Isn't that kind of to be expected, why would anybody assume he's a pleasant guy to begin with?
Not defending the guy, having seen them live I can attest to how big of a tool he can be when he doesn't have to deal with people face to face. Spitting into the audience, calling for people to beat some guy down(witch of course never happened...), shouting obscenities at certain members in the crowd who rubbed him the wrong way, pulling the guitarists' hair ever so often etc etc.

The thing is, him being a douche is kind of the bands bread and butter. Why would he be anything other than that?

humus's picture

Actually when they were touring with Skitliv/Gallhammer in 2007 they played our local pub. There's no backstage so I was taking a piss with Maniac constantly bumping into me because they were preparing for their gig in the toilets. Anyway, I was wearing a Lugubrum shirt and after the show Niklas came have a friendly chat about that band.

So yes, he's an asshole, I had the 'pleasure' of seeing him and Shining on stage last year. But there are very few people that are assholes 24/7. You can also see it throughout this topic, some people have bad experiences with some musicians while others had good experiences with the same persons.
Being in a band, touring, coping with stage setbacks, I can imagine that some musicians sometimes end up in bad moods eventhough they're not assholes. And even if they are assholes I don't really care, I'm into the music not the band members, and when they play this kind of music you can expect some of them to have extreme characters too.

sandmanforce's picture

Blackie Lawless an asshole. I went a wasp show here Budapest and I met a girl that take my some wasp record cover to the backstage. Blackie said he no signing anything! Why? I can not understand why can not signing a cover for an old fan!

RavenEffect's picture

Blackie Lawless

Snaggletooth's picture

Glen Benton is a fucking joke.

darling_decay's picture

A lot of people say Gene Simmons is a dick, I met him a few months ago and he was pretty nice, he just doesn't like assholes

Nater90's picture

I'd love to meet him, But he strikes me as the kind of guy you need to be straight up and cut the crap.

darling_decay's picture

Yeah, he is but I mean who wants to be around someone who beats around the bush? Lmao I thought he was rad- he invited a few people on stage to sing "Rock n Roll All Nte" with him on stage, and I happened to be one of the people who made it up there, and after the song ended I went up to him and introduced myself to him. I asked him if I could take a picture with him and he said "yes" so I did, he even fist bumped me!

Nater90's picture

Exactly right! Oh man that's fucking cool!!! Congrats.

Nice! How many can say they fist bumped Gene aye!! Gnarly stuff.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments