TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Best Place To Find Denim Jackets/ Vest?

6skate6goat6
Thu, 17/08/2017 - 17:45

Alrighty folks, this isn't my first rodeo when it comes to battle jackets. I currently have two jackets and a leather. However, finding denim jackets at my local thrift stores are incredibly difficult. I live in Texas so its almost always 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius) and no one really wears denim jackets here until winter rolls around. People here don't typically wear denim jackets in my town either. I don't want to spend a fortune on a nice vest because its going to get thrashed and patched up. Anyone have any suggestions? Any input would be much appreciated, want to start a new battle jacket for the upcoming fall/ winter.

grime81's picture

thrift store, i look for levis, wrangler, rustler

Der Todesking's picture

Flea-market? 2nd hand stores...? EBay?

VMBRAL SPECTRE's picture

those EMP vests look good and pretty cheap. no button holes neither so you can have right up to the edge. seen a few kutten made with these, and they look great. Obviously 2nd hand denims are always the cheapest route, but it's probably the next best option IMO. I plan on making one myself soon with an EMP black cut off.

6skate6goat6's picture

Ill be sure to keep my eyes open. Thanks for the suggestions you guys!

Morbid_Welshman's picture

If your local choice is limited, I'd recommend you have a look on Fleabay and go for an old Levi's jacket; They're not very expensive, and they'll last you a lifetime