TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Best album June 2016

Chainbreaker
Thu, 30/06/2016 - 11:28

I thought it would be fun to hear from everybody what you think is the best album that was released the previous month and if possible also state the reasons why you think this is the case. I mean there are a lot of magazines and sites that make lists, but that's the opinion from people in the music bizz, not from the people who end up spending their hard earned cash to buy the actual albums. Also there's a lot of underground shit that doesn't get any attention. So let's see if this catches on and start with the previous month: June 2016. Cheers!

imfan1975's picture

New Nails album is fucking awesome

Nater90's picture

Haven't got anything from June yet...But there is some I'll get.

Candlemass, Rage, Dark Funeral, Gojira, & Be'Lakor.

Was looking at a list of bands releasing stuff and bands that are working on material for release, It mentions Tool, As of today it's been 3,713 days since their last album.

Der Todesking's picture

The new Dark Funeral is really good, in the vein of old Dissection!

Stormblast's picture

[2] Exactly my opinion.

Nater90's picture

Ooo, Can't wait to get it now!!

Chainbreaker's picture

Hi Nater, unfortunately you may choose only one.:-( Care to push Dark Funeral over the top? Or is there a better album released in June in your honest opinion?

Nater90's picture

Hey bro,

I haven't got it yet so at this stage I haven't got a choice for June.

Chainbreaker's picture

Don't worry 'bout it. You still have 20 days to decide.;-)

Nater90's picture

Yay! :D haha.

Chainbreaker's picture

:-D Yeah, you're lucky I am this lenient.;-) No, I have to confess I also had an alternate agenda by sending you this message, namely pushing this thread back up from out of the cellar.;-)

Nater90's picture

BUT BUT!!! haha, I'm working my way through my latest haul ;)

Sadly some threads just die...

Chainbreaker's picture

:-D Latest haul big?

Yeah, I'm really glad with the response I've gotten thus far though. Some really good suggestions. I can die a happy man.;-) Just thought I'd push this thread up on a weekly basis, since some people may not have catched it the first time round. And I was right, I already got a second vote for the new Nails album. Sorry for making you my scapegoat, but since you love goats I thought you wouldn't mind.;-)

Nater90's picture

Just another 5....haha, Takes me to 957 CDs.

*ears pop up* Did someone say goat?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like topics like this, Helps me check out new bands as well as get the current releases by bands I love.

Chainbreaker's picture

:-D You're great! That's some collection!

That was exactly what I had in mind when starting this thread. Hope it sticks!

Nater90's picture

Thanks mate! :)

Me to, Nice thinkin'

Der Todesking's picture

Hmm, dont know if it's released june, but Necrosic - Putrid Decimation is killer! It features Eric Cutler from Autopsy, as well as members from Ghoul, Impaled & Gravehill. OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL!!

Chainbreaker's picture

It was released in April, so unfortunately it doesn't make the cut, but thanks for mentioning it, sounds killer!

Der Todesking's picture

Ok sorry! :S

Potatoes_Misfit15's picture

Obscura Akroasis is my favorite album

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

The new RAGE album "The Devil Strikes Again" is really great i think more back to the roots Rage stuff.
No prog no jazz just pure Rage Metal :)!

Into Glory Ride's picture

Forteresse - Thèmes pour la Rébellion. And probably of 2016 all in all...

T.N.B.M. Cymbalvoldtektsmann's picture

DARK Fucking FUNERAL!
Satanic Swedish Black Metal at its Hellish Hyperblasting BEST!
Hail Dark Funeral, Hail Satan!

I found the new Dark Funeral exactly what i expected. Boring....

Vectrex's picture

Fully agree. As someone who is into BM since 18 years...the new DF is just plain boring.

Der Todesking's picture

I just listened to it on YT cos of the good critics. I was surprised how good it is, in comparison of their other records... Not good enough to buy it tho...

Nothing will ever come in any way close to Secrets...

Der Todesking's picture

I liked it when it came out... its ok I think. ("Secrets...")

Not anymore?

Der Todesking's picture

Not really tbh.

Ok to be fair i have to say i REALLY discovered this record just some moths ago, so it has a different impact on me i guess. But i really like the atmosphere.

I have to revise this at least a little bit. Far away from being an amazing ecperience ans surely no chance to be album of the yer, month, week whatsoever i still somehow enjoyed it. In fact way better than their latest outputs.
I particularly really like "As I ascend". Really good track this one!
All in all for me a rather solid release, nothing less but also nothing more.

DeathInFire's picture

you will never be one of us by nails was my favorite june release

Cthulhu1999's picture

+1

Der Todesking's picture

BAT "Wings of Chains"

Chainbreaker's picture

Approximately 2 weeks left to vote:
Right now:
Shared first place: Dark Funeral and Nails (both 2 votes)
Honorable mentions:
Forteresse
Rage
Cryptic Abyss
BAT
Candlemass
Gojira
Be'Lakor

Chainbreaker's picture

Only a few days left to vote!!!!

Chainbreaker's picture

4 days left to vote

Chainbreaker's picture

My picks:
Eximperituserqethhzebibšiptugakkathšulweliarzaxułum – Prajecyrujučy Sinhuliarnaje Wypramieńwańnie Daktryny Absaliutnaha J Usiopahłynaĺnaha Zła Skroź Šaścihrannuju Pryzmu Sîn-Ahhī-Erība Na Hipierpawierchniu Zadyjakaĺnaha Kaŭčęha Zasnawaĺnikaŭ Kosmatęchničnaha Ordęna Palieakantakta, Najstaražytnyja Ipastasi Dawosiewych Cywilizacyj Prywodziać U Ruch Ręzanansny Transfarmatar Časowapadobnaj Biaskoncaści Budučyni U Ćwiardyniach Absierwatoryi Nwn-Hu-Kek-Amon, Uwasabliajučy Ŭ Ęfirnuju Matęryju Prach Ałulima Na Zachad Ad Ękzapłaniety PSRB 1620-26b

Der Todesking's picture

???

Chainbreaker's picture

:-) You can listen to the full album on Bandcamp (and YouTube probably). Eximperitus for short. I think you will like it! Death Metal from Belarus! Lass mir wissen wass du davon findest!

Der Todesking's picture

Checked it out on YT... Pretty weird, brutal & technical Death Metal! Not really my taste tbh... ;-)

Chainbreaker's picture

:-D I understand where you are coming from, this isn't a genre that I normally listen to, but for some reason I am not able to put this album down, I just find it that good! Thanks a lot for taking the time to listen to the album and for letting me know your opinion. Btw BAT is an excellent choice! I really enjoyed listening to it!

Chainbreaker's picture

And Grey Wolf - Glorious Death

joecubbie's picture

I'm gonna have to go with You Will Never Be One of Us by Nails. The album took their aesthetic and upped it by 11. It's a little over 20 minutes of sheer darkness and terror complete with pummeling riffs equal parts sludge and hardcore. There's talk now that Nails may be done for good. If this is their final record, what a way to go out.

Chainbreaker's picture

1 day left to vote

571,280 items in the gallery, 881,445 comments, and 553 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments