TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

Band name drop menu not on the site anymore?

Zabulus
Fri, 26/04/2019 - 16:35

Not sure if this has been brought up before I had a quick look through the topic list and didn't see it mentioned. But what happened to band name drop menu that use to be at the top of the homepage?

I noticed a few months ago it vanished and I presumed it was just a glitch but I am guessing now it's not. Now all you can is use the search which is a pain because when you select a band from it, it just lists all the items in order as separate entries and most of the time all I want to see are shirts?

So just wondering if the name drop menu was removed for any particular reason or will it be returning?

The old was so much better where you just select the band name from the menu then you get everything listed in a tile format and you could isolate t-shirts or patches etc.

Helspyre's picture

I didn't even notice this until seeing your post, but if you type a band in the search bar, if a record already exists for it, you should see tooltip that pops up below the search bar. If you click on the band name in the tooltip instead of hitting the search icon, you'll go straight to the band page with the tiled layout and the usual filters.

Now, I am noticing one problem with this, and that is that some bands may be spelled with unconventional letters or fonts. For example, the page for Mgla is actually under mgła which I can't type that style of "L" by normal means, and would never even think of trying to. I was only able to figure that out just now because I have a link to it from my own profile page.

Zabulus's picture

Yes that's the issue with the search it's not very user friendly especially if you don't know off the top of your head how so spell a band name (which in this type of music can be a regular thing). The drop menu was just so much more user friendly.

576,976 items in the gallery, 883,644 comments, and 659 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments