TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Are You Sick of Shows Being Cancelled?

Kvlt666BM
Sun, 25/02/2018 - 23:13

Are you sick of shows being cancelled? Would you like to DO something about it?

I believe that creating a blacklist of venues that have caved in to pressure is the best way to fix the situation so promoters can book more wisely, as each city usually has a number of options. No more "bow out at the last second". No more "I didn't know who the act was." No more "half-baked research and protest".

I've created this site here: https://blackmetalagainstcensorship.wordpress.com/ to accept submissions, and would appreciate it if you had anything to share and/or if you could pass along to those who might find it useful or have additional information to contribute as I build out this database. Hail the Black Flame!

EDIT: It seems there has been some confusion about this, so allow me to clarify. The primary purpose of this is for Black Metal tour managers / promoters to know which venues to avoid when booking in a city. I’m not necessarily advocating that fans boycott venues, though they are free to do so, if they choose. However, what I am asking for is fans and promoters alike to tell me the story of what happened so we can paint a complete picture of the situation.

Kvlt666BM's picture

The thing to consider is the fact that there is a supply-demand dynamic that is inherently favored towards the producers who are booking shows, since there are often multiple potential venues in any given city and the promoter / band only needs to play at one. My desire is only to give promoters who book shows in the future the information they may need to make informed decisions.

Furthermore, I think it’s incorrect to think that the venues that have caved to pressure will stop selling tickets in their entirety, as venue owners will likely continue to book non-Black Metal shows. It’s only specifically for Black Metal shows where this has (for the most part) been an issue, and I believe that the business of these bands should go to venues that are willing to honor their word and not cave to pressure.

Ccdeana's picture

This is TRUE. Cannibal basically got chased out of Russia via a religious protester. They were not safe and they lied in the paper and to people saying it was drug related. Fans were arrested and it was scary.

Blüdrayne's picture

It's very shortsighted to blacklist venues when you don't fully understand who is at fault in various situations. Sometimes it's venues, but other times it may well be organisers or governmental authorities. The common thread is Antifa, and that is where blame should primarily lie.

Kvlt666BM's picture

You’re absolutely correct that in certain situations the fault is with organizers or governmental authorities, as I well acknowledge in my posts. Furthermore, I also completely agree that pro-censorship organizations, such as the ones you mentioned, are the most at fault, as I also discuss in my post.

If you’ll notIce when I ask for submissions, I ask for details and proof as well. The idea is not simply to blacklist a venue where the show was cancelled without knowing the details, but to paint a complete picture of what happened in each situation. There have definitely been instances of venues being the ones to cave, and in these particular situations, creating a counter-pressure, a reason to want to not cancel a show (being put on a list that holds them accountable IF they are the ones at fault) should be, I believe, effective.

Nater90's picture

If you made a "blacklist" of venues you'd piss off the fans.

Where I live there is only a 4-5 venues where gigs normally are so that ideas retarded.

Braunman's picture

I'm not sure it's really workable. In my area the #1 reason shows get cancelled is due to lack of ticket sales rather than any censorship, and that's a fault with the promoters rather than the venues.

VoodooChild's picture

I saw Drowning The Light posting your stuff. So it is noticed by bigger guys.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments