TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Anyone else into stenciling and painting their own or copied designs in recycled clothes as patches / backpatches?

fredy
Thu, 14/03/2019 - 13:43

Hi this is fredy from spain. I make my own original patches and backpatches d.i.y. style by using stencils, arcylic paint and recycled clothes like denim jeans and such. Got hundreds of them for sale or trade. In my profile you can see some of the works i have done so far and i would like to know if anyone else is doing similar things in order to share my knowledge or experience about it. Thank you metal brothers worldwide

stevenICB's picture

Yeah I've made a few stencil or screenprinted patches for bands or designs I was really interested in having a patch of when I couldn't find any for sale.

There are plenty of similar webstores and distros I've come across with more popular band logos. I've always seen it as a good way to subvert any heirachical or capitalist notion of the metal head with emblazoned denim and leather

fredy's picture

i keep on stenciling and painting more and more as my skills get better. got more than a thousand but no one seems to appreciate them enough to buy it or trade. any place where i can see your works? webstores or distros interested in selling / trading my stuff? thanks for replying and hugs from spain

stevenICB's picture

The only ones I have made are sewed onto items listed in my gallery. Check the pants in particular.

In your case it could pay to open an Etsy store, though I imagine it could be a competitive environment.

Emperorofthevoid's picture

I also make my own metal bands tshirts and longsleeves using acrylic paint and stencils. I've even made patches for my battlejacket. I would like to know about your technique, as your work is very complex. Thanks for sharing. I also speak spanish, so we can make contact better that way (my english is very sloppy). I write from México, but I'm colombian. Hails to all metal sisters and brothers around the world who have embraced this DIY ethics.

fredy's picture

any place where i can see your works? no problem with speaking spanish via private messages in order to understand each other in a better way but in this post i prefer to use english for the rest of the people to understand. i copy the logo or sometimes "stencilize" pictures i like. then i photocopy on adhesive printing labels and start cutting with a scalpel and keeping all the pieces together for further cutting if needed. then i set my stencil on the cloth and stick to the cloth and finally i paint with care and remove the adhesive stencil when dry. not a happy ending but the results make you feel better

Sorry man, I've been really busy lately. I've just uploaded some of my work, there are some other items, but are so old that look bad. I find your technique very sophisticated, I would like to have a copy machine so I can achieve your detail level. Thanx for sharing.

fredy's picture

i´ve been taking a look at your works and what i have to say is: nice job and keep on doing it. My technique or skills come from years of doing far more than a thousand of them which you can see on my facebook profile. feel free to ask me for the link if you want to take a look. thank you for your kind words

Hey... sure, I would like to see more of your work. Thanx

Gravesdigger1993's picture

I made a few leather patches that were printed on using acrylic paints, and then hand sewed them on an old vest i had.

MorticiA's picture

Yep, I've done this several times in the past, and I'm seriously considering doing it again since the Virus; that, and some bands have no merch, or not the size or design I require.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments