TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

any cool concerts this year youve seen?

calebheney223
Tue, 15/08/2017 - 21:01

I got to see slayer lamb of god and behemoth play so far but that's it, cant wait for burzum to open for darkthrone when I totally get to see them live 100% not lying

Necro Rican's picture

Back in February for the first time in my country, the Black Metal forefathers Mayhem performed and the show was out of this world. Last June I saw Vader and one of the guitarists was a excellent virtuoso. This October, the Death/Thrash legends Demolition Hammer are gonna play and i bought their ticket so I'm so excited.

Influx's picture

I haven't been to anything too crazy but I found out Lordi was going to be in the US like a few weeks before they showed up. Small show but it was a good time had by all sort of deal.

We have a couple nice looking ones coming up next month with Dark Tranquillity, Epica, and a few others and they are always solid live shows

DisgustingSemla's picture

Peste Noire, Mgla, Marduk, Behexen, Undergang, Death Strike, Rotting Christ and Monolord to mention some good ones I've seen thus far this year

Bayernpirat's picture

nope :(

DeathFuckinMetal's picture

No gigs so far this year but in 3 weeks from today I am seeing Kreator and Vader. Sooooo keen for Vader as I have never seen them live before.

Morbid_Welshman's picture

So they'll go all the way to Australasia but not the UK? Bastards! I'd love to see them!

Der Todesking's picture

They played the UK in April!!

Turkey-man's picture

Sodom, Napalm Death... Those were probably cool, too bad I couldn't enjoy them for 100% for some reason, so I decided to pass on Overkill. Will go to Amon Amarth and Asgardsrei VI fest this year though.

Thrashattck94's picture

Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. Saw the Former in May, and the latter in January. Saw Blue Oyster Cult in June and I've seen Ranger this year as well. Had a blast at both shows.

Morbid_Welshman's picture

Quite a few this year; System of a Down, Aerosmith, Rob Zombie, Sabaton, Suicidal Tendencies, Devin Townsend, Mastodon, Prophets of Rage, Airbourne, Steel Panther, Devildriver, Opeth, Slayer, Meshuggah, Alestorm, Ministry, Amon Amarth, Ghost, Megadeth, Testament, Blind Guardian, Kreator, Arch Enemy, Skindred, Winterfylleth, Obituary, Decapitated, Annihilator, Municipal Waste, Brujeria and going to see W.A.S.P and Opeth again along with Cradle of Filth for the first time, so I don't think I've done badly so far!

sandmanforce's picture

Best act: ASSASSIN in Wien! Plus POSSESSED Budapest gig...

chainsawrentalshop's picture

Not much:
Ghoul / Keitzer (Osnabrück)
Facebreaker / Revel In Flesh (Göttingen)
Nervosa / Inquiring Blood / Ecce Bestia (Hannover)

Cool shows in small clubs!

Thrashattck94's picture

Nervosa? Awesome! I saw them on the same bill as Destruction last year in London. Talked to them after the show and they were very down to earth.

Kvlt_ured_Gentleman's picture

Gatecreeper, Toxic Holocaust and Nails back in January was a pretty great show, so was Suffocation and Revocation in June. I'm going to see Exodus and Obituary in September.

meaningless's picture

so far, the best stuff i saw this year: ARKONA (yes, im surprised myself..but they were a blast!), Rotting Christ, Blind Guardian, Nervosa, Paradise Lost ...ah well..i think thats it (i saw more, but that was the best so far)

MasterDeath's picture

For me it was Necrophobic, Desaster, Demolition Hammer, Autopsy, Possessed, Mayhem, Vital Remains, Demilich, GUT, Aura Noir, Inquisition, Abbath, Triptykon performing Celtic Frost songs and Merciless. There are more bands but on these shows I had my time well spent and all of them contain some nice stories. Damn, this year was GOOD!!

OmeletteDuFromage's picture

I saw Acod, Mantar, Bluespills, Dust Bolt, The New Roses (only a few minutes, had to see Dust Bold instead), Ensiferum, Candlemass, Benighted, Bloodbath (didn't like it, it was kinda boring compared to what I saw before and after), Opeth.
I also saw Igorrr, The UK Subs, Paradise Lost, Obituary, Kreator, Discharge, Primordial, and Hexecutor. (and Rectal Smegma but what the fuck, I don't even think it's worth mentioning it.)

emperialmassacre's picture

Emperor at Rock Fest Barcelona was incredible. Sodom also killed.

Seeing Venom Inc. in a couple weeks as well as Marduk this Friday night. Iron Maiden back in June was an epic experience once again.

Nater90's picture

Been an amazing year so far;

Hidden Intent
Desecrator
Nuclear Assault
Ulcerate
Departe
Gorguts
Mgla
Cicadastone
Wednesday 13
Entombed A.D.
Anatomy
Earth
Black Jesus

Got Kreator / Vader, Arcturus / Blood Incantation, Paradise Lost, Cat Stevens / The Doobie Brothers coming up, Quite a few I'm glad to tick off the bucket list.

Zixul's picture

Fuckin' Nifelheim at the NDF and later in May, in London.....the twins never disappoint :D also Incantation's doom set on the Brutal Assault fest was amazing !

Caarkazs's picture

I saw Metallica in late May this year which was great. I also went to see Obituary and Kreator when they came to Philly. I'm planning to see Carach Angren and G.B.H within the next few months.

Vampi1013's picture

Caught the Inquisition, Uada & Volahn tour last month. Inquisition are always good live, but the other two bands were also excellent. Caught Toxic Holocaust, Goatwhore and Venom Inc two nights later. I’d forgotten how much fun TH & GW are live. Definitely a weekend worth traveling for!

DarkValkyrieofDeath's picture

im going to Belphegor in november but this was the year of missing shows for me, im still pissed at myself for forgetting to go to The Browning when they played in my city