TShirtSlayer

ALCHEMY & PAGAN Catalogue - Going to create one and YOU can help!

StereoDeth
Fri, 30/10/2015 - 17:59

So, as much as I hate collecting things (that's why I sell stuff as soon as I realize I can't use it),
I developed a liking to vintage 3D pins and pendants.
It's something else than patches and the more I find (by accident), the more I get interested in these long discontiued stuff.

Therefore I decided to create a catalogue, which will be available for free online.

I'm thinking about a html version and a pdf version.
That way you can look at all the stuff that exists...or at least is known to exist.
I was always hoping that some members upload old catalogues again, but it never happened.

I don't own all existing pins, but some members have an impressive collection.
Therefore I have to ask for permission to use their pics (you will get credit for it).

So far, I saved pics from the following members:
Ruit, Grimmfist, Morbideath, ajnin, devil40, dubtribe

I will contact these members and maybe ask for more infos.

IF YOU GOT PINS AND PENDANTS

then feel free to contact me or post in this thread.
But I'm only looking for Alchemy (Carta, Gothic, Poker, Rox) and Pagan stuff.
Also 80s stuff, even if they are bootlegs.

I will publish the link, when the project is finished (in this thread and on my profile)

EDIT:

A screenshot of the stuff so far.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/GeeTee83/SCREENSHOT_zpsmyqkzctd.jpg
"Other" is mixed and unidentified stuff.
Basically just a quick screenshot so you'll get an impression. Almost 800 pics. :)

Lizard's picture

On the homepage of Alchemy Gothic you can take a look for the actual catalogue and as free-member take a look of the catalogue of items out of print (that's why I can identify many of their crosses without problems lol). For the actual band merch look for the sub-brand Alchemy Poker.
Alchemy Gothic and Alchemy Carta is pretty often use for the same brand; at least I can find many items with the Carta-brand on it in the Gothic-catalogue.

Thou the catalogues are very incomplete when it comes to older stuff from early 90s (also the whole sub-brand of the Sacred Talisman seems to be completly impossible to find....). Hit me up, maybe I can help with some stuff.
Have you ever thought of going into contact with the Alchemy-guys when you finished the out-of-print-catalogue of the Metal-items? Would be nice to see a more completed catalogue on their site. :3

StereoDeth's picture

I once contacted Razamataz about a weird looking BP, that seemed to be video game related. The guy on the other end was very nice, but couldn't help me, since all the data from that era wasn't available anymore.
I imagine that will be the same case with Alchemy and I'm pretty sure they would like a fan made catalogue.
I didn't thought about contacting them, when I actually finished something decent with legit infos.
But maybe contacting them to confirm certain things. Wanna keep the questions simple and easy (for them), since these guys are busy as well (I imagine).

On a side note, the harder task is Pagan, which created a lot of stuff as it seems and there might be a lot more to discover. Maybe if someone releases a catalogue, someone outside of the known metal forums will see it and provide something new. It is really exciting to think about this. :)

Lizard's picture

Just hit'em up on their FB-page. I did so when my account didn't work and they helped me rather fast. They are very friendly and take care about fans / costumers. Since they use for very old items really crappy photos to at least have them in their out-of-print-catalogue I guess the would appreciate some help. :3

Lizard's picture

About Pagan I'm still wondering if it was just a sub-brand of Alchemy or an own company / brand. But till today I couldn't find any information about it. :/ If you find out something, tell me please.

StereoDeth's picture

My first contact with Pagan, which was through Carcass and Entombed, gave me the impression that it might be a sub company of Alchemy. Maybe some offspring like the "Poker Rox" line, which appears rarely as well.
I.e. the Black Sabbath cross is a Poker Rox product. I haven't seen another item that was stored in such bag with such label on it.
Pagan England...Alchemy England...maybe at one point, Pagan gave up business and joined Alchemy with their skill and ideas. That could be a good question to ask Alchemy HQ

Lizard's picture

Alchemy is rather old (Gothic is also called Alchemy 1977) so I rather think of a sub-brand. As mentioned the whole Sacred Talisman-brand is impossible to find online thou I know that it exists because I own 2 different types of crosses and gave my mother the pentagram of this sub-brand. Maybe pagan was an early version of Poker, I don't know. But when I see all the band items here and then take a look at the Poker-catalogoue on the hompage, than I can say they're missing shitloads of their former collection. Same goes with older items of the Gothic/Carta-line.

StereoDeth's picture

Pagan also had a different style imo. The way they used the English pewter for the DM pins
and then the way Alchemy used the pewter for the commercial more known bands.
Not quality wise, just the style. At least that's my impression after owing things of both brands and seeing so much nice stuff online.

Lizard's picture

I'm still searching for crosses of Pagan. XD But I know what you mean, Alchemy has a rather typical style if you are into it (so I figured out one of the Sacred Talisman-crosses lol).

Are you just going for band-pins/pedants or Alchemy and Pagan in general? If it's the last case I can take and provide photos of several crosses, fuck around 10 % of my over 400 crosses are Alchemy. XD

StereoDeth's picture

Meh, only band related works.
Else I will give up right. now. :P
It's a nice thought and motivation when you know there is more out there,
but it is something else if you know there is no limit.
The goal is a complete catalogue or at least one that seems to be complete.
That's only possible with an end.

That being said, I set the limit at the very early 00's.
So with the bootleg stuff from the 80's, there will be round about 20 years of 3D pins and pendants. That is already quite the task.
The only good thing, it is a virtual catalogue. Easy to update and no production costs.

Lizard's picture

Well beside an actual Nightwish-cross and the classical Guns N' Roses-cross pin I can provide you an Alice Cooper-pin from 1989 (?) and a Guns N' Roses-pendant from 1992, the Sepultura-pendant you already own yourself.

StereoDeth's picture

If you have some time on your hands, feel free to upload those on TSS.
I will then use the info that you provided in here. :)

Lizard's picture

Well I'll see what I can do tomorrow. You have my permission to use the pics for project of course. :3

StereoDeth's picture

Thanks ;) appreciate every support (even if some stuff already exists - some uploads lack the back shot and some members are inactive for months).

Lizard's picture

I contacted a friend of mine who gave me the GNR-pin/pendant and the Cooper-pendant. She was very active in the late 80s and early 90s, maybe she have some stuff left for photos. :D

the beast's picture

Got several ones on the vest

StereoDeth's picture

For the catalogue, I need single shots of each pin with a pic of the back as well.
So far you got an upload of your Autopsy, which I already got though.
It's a Pagan right?
I will soon publish a list of pins/pendants that I collected (pics).
In case you got something that is not listed, feel free to contribute it. :)

cambotero's picture

I've got a few 80-90's mags on my profile that appear pins and other stuff and I have pins uploaded here, but can take a better pictures if you want, just ask what you need :3

StereoDeth's picture

Saved some stuff, thanks for the hint, mang! :)
In case you got old mailorder magazines with vintage pins/pendants
I highly appreciate a HQ scan of it. That will help a lot!
But even small pieces are appreciated. Everything that helps identify stuff or proves that XY item exists is a huge help! I only work with the stuff I find on the net or that I personally have or can get.

cambotero's picture

Made and new upload with everything I have.

http://tshirtslayer.com/other-collectable/pins-and-catalogs

:·3

StereoDeth's picture

Man, thanks a lot for the pics of your pins and the pages!
Also the info about the colorization is really helpful! Save that as well. :)

cambotero's picture

yet there's another version of the RIP pin and i think its Morbideath who has it. Mine looks to be the rare one.

StereoDeth's picture

Yea, I think I spotted one with a plastic gem and yours is made out of pewter and was painted instead. Personally, I would prefer yours, since it's all pewter. I remember seeing one that had no gem anymore, because it fell out. So I guess that can happen with a plastic gem.

Lizard's picture

Done with taking photos and posting them.

StereoDeth's picture

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█░░
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀░░░░

Lizard's picture

:B

StereoDeth's picture

A quick screenshot of the stuff so far.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/GeeTee83/SCREENSHOT_zpsmyqkzctd.jpg
Almost 800 pics.

meaningless's picture

i still own a (sadly) damaged old Anthrax Pin, looks like a shield (if i remember correctly) - the front is still in perfect condition,but on the back - the needle is missing.. :( ..but i can send u a pic of the front (except u have it alrdy)

StereoDeth's picture

If it's the "I am the Law" pin, I already own pics of that one. Also the pendant version.
If it's something else, sure please share. The pin doesn't has to be in mint condition.
Every proof of existence for whatever official pin/pendant is welcome! :)

Ruit's picture

Not sure if you've seen these ones as well. I'm pretty sure the Hypocrisy one is a Pagan pin. Maybe they'll let you use these pictures as well!

StereoDeth's picture

Hey thanks a lot! :)
I already contacted "Executer" some days ago and he gave me his permission.
And you are right about the Hypocrisy. He said the same.
He also owns a Gorefest "GF" Logo Pin, but unfortunately couldn't tell who made it,
since he wasn't able to look at the back anymore. But he said it is official.
In case you know something about that pin, that would be a great help.

The Nocturnus is a new addition to my Pagan folder. Thanks!
I see that the item's status says "sold", so I guess that member can't upload a back shot,
but if he gives permission for that single pic, that's already great!

Ruit's picture

I've got the Gorefest one as well. It looks like a Pagan pin and has the c on the back but doesn't actually say Pagan. I'll upload some pictures later.

StereoDeth's picture

If it's the typical chunky "C" with the circle around it (see HammerFall, Anathema, Tool, Cemetary etc.), then I would think the same. Thanks again for your help! :)

Odiumediae's picture

Why the fuck am I seeing this so late?

This is an awesome idea. I'd love to help you with building the catalogue. I've thought about building something like this for a long time and since I'm a web developer, maybe I could build the platform needed to organize cataloguize all the different items.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

• Ohja dat is zeker waar, vaak als ik een band vind ergens op internet en het in 1x meteen heel goed vind luister ik er ee
  • yep, it definitely is
  • thanx again my friend !!!!
  • Saw them at the infamous Wâldrock festival that tour...
  • thanks man :) more than a month now and I think I will quit for good now since I didn't quit because of health or
  • another one of those love-it-or-hate-it bands...
  • thanx my friend !!!!
  • haha... but i really enjoy this band... ah, their show at EMM was amazing...hey, did you read my PM btw ??
  • yep... too bad it's getting so faded you almost can't read the dates at the back anymore....
  • yeah, that old Voivod stuff ... still the best
  • dat zijn de beste bands
  • hehe...yeah, he just demanded to be on one of the pix again haha....
  • yep, damn fine shirt
  • Cool!!
  • yeah, pretty nice shirt... damn cool they play Obscene Extreme this year.....
  • This album rules !