TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

10 Years of TShirtSlayer coming! Ideas?

doctordeath
Fri, 04/11/2016 - 08:40

So if you have been watching, in about 6 months it will be TShirtSlayer's 10th birthday.

That really is something incredible!!! I could go on about how much we've grown... but really, TSS is still the same place to hang out that feels like dropping into your local metal pub/bar and talking about metal and merchandise/tshirts to some good friends - exactly how it should be.

So.. ideas? how shall we celebrate? party somewhere in central Europe? US? AUS?

Something fun we can do online together? whats your thoughts?

\m/

Nater90's picture

Oh wow that's awesome, Thanks Doc and others for all the hard work so this amazing place exists!!

As for how to celebrate it...Not sure. Will put my thinking cap on.

Bayernpirat's picture

a new shirt is necessary

andermatten's picture

certainly a new shirt...i've only got my old name on the back of my old TSS shirt and i'm not a battlejacket or patch kinda person

Hárbarðr's picture

Yes! i never bought the old 5 years one, this would be the chance to change that!

Stronthor's picture

I guess a patch would be kinda cool.

Dossmo's picture

Seconded. Anniversary Patch.

ThE_ED's picture

That was my first thought as well.
Plus a party!

NISSE666's picture

Party + patch sounds like a great idea!

ThE_ED's picture

Depends on the country, Australia is a bit harder than Austria for me, for example.
But I get your point. Perhaps we could have people organise small gatherings in their own country and connect that somehow. (Post pics to the forum..)

NISSE666's picture

Aslong as its in Europe i would, but i need at last 3 months heads up!

bad_american1992's picture

They grow up so fast. I'm sure one of our talented patch designers could help design an anniversary patch. This would be a fun graphic to alter into something TSS related... https://tshirtslayer.com/files-tshirt/styles/shirtview/public/user-4194/...

Most users are in USA, Germany and England.... if there is going to be a party it should be in one of those countries!

Dossmo's picture

Maybe a small patch is better than backpatch size. Only room for one backpatch, but plenty of room for small patches on the generic users vest...

ThE_ED's picture

We could have a competition, of course, "design the patch".

joecubbie's picture

Party would rule, but it seems I'm the only one in Chicago who uses TSS to this degree. Wow 10 years! Impressive.

kereealazer's picture

Joe we would have to have a midwest meet up. A lot of Tssers are in LA I think you and I are the only very active members in this part of the country. I've met one other guy here in Minne.

joecubbie's picture

Yeah you're right on that. Chicago has a huge metal scene (the midwest in general as a matter of fact), but like I said, I'm the only one who uses TSS

Knightwhosayni's picture

What about a "10 years of tshirtslayer" book? With some of the rarest patches, of the most uncommon shirts, of the greatest battle-jackets? Could be a great celebration for users, which could attract interest outside the site. Just thinking aloud.

Knightwhosayni's picture

That's for sure, I was thinking about it right now. On the other hand, with a good project management within the motivated users... I'm fairly confident there would be a layout-artist, Native English-speaking proof-readers, iconographers, printers, publishers etc on the site which could be interested. I'm a historian/cultural consultant/feature-writer myself, I could contribute of course. But yeah, there are probably simpler ideas.

ThE_ED's picture

Yea, it ís a lot of work.
Perhaps a small set of interviews would be nice, to publish somewhere.

And I did notice Peter Beste has an account here. Perhaps he would be interested in receiving some TSS user-stories or something like that, to go with his work. (Or not, I don't want to force hundreds of letters on him, haha.)

Stormbringer81's picture

Wow 10 years.....awesome shit! A celebration shirt of patch would be really nice guys!

Thrashattck94's picture

Congrats doc! My idea is a patch and shirt one, too! I second that!

Nater90's picture

Patch would be sick!!!

I'd love to catch up with some fellow members, Traveling to another country isn't possible for me currently I don't have a passport plus working my ass off I haven't got much time off up my sleeve.

Der Todesking's picture

Shirt would be excellent! I wasn't here at the time of the 5th years anniversary. Would totally buy it! A party would be problematic I think. For some more as for others. I don't even have a car, + money is always low too.

kereealazer's picture

TSS meetups with fellow tssers in the area to enjoy a beer, drinks, pop, piece of meat, glass of water, whatever you enjoy while we listen to bands and we like.

And wear your battle jackets!!!

joecubbie's picture

I can agree on that!

nexus6's picture

hey guys, ive knocked up a new logo that could be used for the heading of the site:

http://i.imgur.com/yz9oEX9.png

just putting it out there, all good if we keep the one thats there now

Stormbringer81's picture

Not my kind of style! I miss the old school touch on this!

Into Glory Ride's picture

Definitely...

MasterDeath's picture

I would dig something like this:

http://imgur.com/a/aPHLS

Stormbringer81's picture

Cool idea.....but i would prefer just one stolen logo!

MasterDeath's picture

Now it looks a bit like a shoe brand

Nater90's picture

Tshoeslayer!!!!

#CrowdFunding #VintageSneakersAreShit

Looks like At The Gates logo haha.

MasterDeath's picture
Nater90's picture

Haha totally does!

MasterDeath's picture

Yeah, I wrote that on the editted comment 4 hours ago which can be seen if you scroll down. You can see the difference between the working man and the people who tug ol winkie haha. I thought it's taken from a protective shoe brand logo.

Into Glory Ride's picture

Haha, good comment! :D

VoodooChild's picture
ThE_ED's picture

And I think they based it on Youtube.

ThE_ED's picture

Some band-names would fit right in on the other site as well...

Dossmo's picture

Looks a little bit like the header for a Star Trek Fansite (no offense, I'm a Fan myself).

D.

nexus6's picture

yeah, it is a bit on the sci-fi side. all good \m/

nexus6's picture

i like it, nice and clean \m/

Knightwhosayni's picture

Same here.

slayerslayer's picture

10 years anniversary tshirt is manditory ! ! (or even 2 designs like the 5 years pair). i know a lot of people here are barking about having an anniversary patch , which i think is also a good idea if resources stretch that far , but a Tshirt should be the first priority.

VoodooChild's picture

A wall of shame of all the banned fucktards is what I would want to see. How many misbehaved and needed to be banned in these 10 years, also, who was the first bann?

Antonio's picture

New tshirt for sure.

maidenmad77's picture

I agree with patch idea

cambotero's picture

missed the 5 year tshirt, cant miss this one. plus a patch would be really cool. like a bike gang.

NISSE666's picture

btw: Awesome new logo!

emperialmassacre's picture

Party in NYC.

oldmate's picture

I think a patch and a tee. Its a must :)

Also if its cheaper to send 1 big package to AU I can do any AU distro from here

Nater90's picture

Good idea mate!!!

Shipping is shit here at the best of times...

kimo's picture

C'mon shipping isn't that bad. I think paying $25 to ship a $5 patch is pretty reasonable. Yeah I'm talking about you Nuclear Blast ya fuckas.

oldmate's picture

dont get me started with them mother fuckers!!! when that dumb fucking slayer eagle pack came out.. NB US, UK and DE all had different postage costs... on big shit its not so bad.. on small shit its fucked in the head!

Having said that EMP shipped me a bunch of shit and then refunded 10 Euro. not sure if it was cause shipping was cheaper that quoted or becuase they had a sale a few days after. Either way I was fucking wrapped

Nater90's picture

I know right!! I got the Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabra mail-order edition, First one was broke, Second one has couple chips, I just gave up...I've only bought when their the only viable option when other places have WORSE reviews than them.

Metalmate's picture

A celebratory vinyl release with bands from long time members!!!

Metalmate's picture

Hahahaha Nater
Okokokokokoko Not even a 7" ? ......

Nater90's picture

http://i.imgur.com/J9UCUVn.gif

I mean this in the nicest possible way <3 :D

Never knew vinyl cost that much...Wow...

Metalmate's picture

I know where your house lives!! ;)

Nater90's picture

Haha :D Most welcome to pop in for a coffee anytime brother :)

judascrust's picture

Party in new hampshire!! Let foul legions of scummy metal fuckers from around the world descend on this frozen desolate mountainous wasteland!!!

atcha9901's picture

judascrust no way I'm from Maine! Thought I was the only one on here from the NE area!

judascrust's picture

hails!! yeah theres a few of us new englanders kicking around here lol think I've seen one or two other people from new hampshire as well, maybe a couple others from around the boston area too...not too shabby I'd say!

oldmate's picture

start an art comp for artists on this site and then maybe we can vote and have a winner and that gets made into a tee ?

andermatten's picture

2nd.

perhaps a design-a-new-tshirtslayer-logo contest, which'll get printed on the new shirt? winner gets the fame (can write it on his CV or something), shirts $50 each excl. s&h

andermatten's picture

35? 30? true, more affordable is also more widely spread, more sales & exposure

sandmanforce's picture

T-shirtslayer meeting point, tent at the brutal assault (or some else) Czech festival. Vinyl edition with unreleased tracks from the most wanted bands...with pre order, so perhaps not will be financial crash. First time maybe 7 inch.

oldmate's picture

ill meet up next year.. I am heading back. :)

sandmanforce's picture

Yes, I wanted go this meeting, but there was the well know affair on the first day...
I think maybe works in 2017.

andermatten's picture

idea! not sure anyone brought this up yet. how about a tshirtslayer app for ios &/or android? how much would that cost & how much effort? I don't have a freaking clue really (non-tech-person). just imagined myself sitting in the jam-packed rushour tram, checking my emails, reading a few headlines, checking out some shirts..

app could be sold at 2-5 usd on the google & apple stores...but honestly, no idea what I'm talking about at all in terms of working hours. I'm just the short kid in the back with the spectacles and the paul mccartney haircut that always gets chosen last.

andermatten's picture

ok, well...next question I suppose :)

(though I did know about the mobile browser thing [my haircut's not thaat paul mccartney], I do view TSS in safari/chrome sometimes, just thought it'd be cool to have an icon directly on-screen & not have to log in all the time etc.)

Queen Catsie's picture

Maybe a video section where we could leave short greetings, etc?

judascrust's picture

I always thought a video section would be interesting, people could make videos going thru their collections or doing album reviews, stuff like that

578,240 items in the gallery, 883,980 comments, and 667 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Heck yeah I love this guy!! Where'd you get this from?
  • Sick
  • Dang wi$h I could rn. Deteriorot rule$$$
  • LEGANDARY! only have a TS sadly
  • Sick
  • Sick
  • WOAH! Big flames! No where near enough VK on this site
  • This is old.
  • Sick
  • Need a copy
  • Is it official?
  • Ya i still have it. but i dont wear it. 30 yrs old.
  • haha i would sure wonder what you would do for it... lol . thanks
  • Looks great in purple, never seen this style in anything but red
  • Great shirt for one of their best songs \m/
  • I think this users makes and sells them