TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Your Worst Metal Mistake

Plague
Fri, 12/07/2013 - 06:24

Ever make a "metal" mistake? For example, listening to a band you "thought" was metal until you realized what metal really is! Or, buying an album you thought would be awesome, but found out sucked!
I would say mine would be buying "As I Lay Dying" when I first got into metal. I mistakenly thought they were metal, but now I know better! So, what's your worst metal mistake?

OffalOfferings's picture

Noooooooooooooo why did you ask this question?
Plague you're making me relive all my mistakes again not just the metal ones
My life is full of mistakes I'm a walking disaster . I just made one today, I broke the shower head holder trying to clean my tub :( I also dropped chicken giblits all over the floor, you know the offal stuff that's inside of them.
The biggest metal one though was probably confusing two metal festivals with the other. They didn't even have similar sounding names lol but I confused them anyways. This guy was talking about one festival and I confused it with a shitty one and said the good one sucked. He called me a retard!
I still feel stupid about it.
I often say stupid things when I get nervous.
I never really bought a bad metal album yet though. All the metal albums I have Bought, I really enjoy. :)
I went through the "I think it's metal" phase too haha oh my goodness I had no idea what was what or who was who. I think everyone goes through that though, when they are just getting into something.

Plague's picture

Hang in there...it gets better! And sometimes just laughing at mistakes is the only way to go!!! LOL I wish you better luck than you've been having, too! At least you like all the albums you've purchased. There's a plus!

OffalOfferings's picture

Thanks dude, I'll hang in there. :) lol but yeah me laughing at myself and my mistakes does help me out a bit, it's never good to take things so seriously and let them haunt you and what not.

BLACKY's picture

Metallica not hiring a peer to better Metallica after Burtons death, Like when Metallica fired the first bassist & hired Burton.

Metallica's 10 year mistake is that they didn't hire Up! Metallica hired someone to haze, push around & manipulate.

VoodooChild's picture

No regrets, sorry man.
Maybe this storys come close:
I own all nightwish stuff, had some shirts I gave away to a girl. Now I hate the bands music, and I don't mean I don't like what they do now in comparisment with what they did before, nah I hate all the songs I used to love, I simply do. Still I have no regrets of that time, cuz at the time I liked the stuff alot.

I've seen Green Day live and own all their albums till "21st century...." if that's seen as an 'poser' but eye, I like the band and music. So. No regrets.

Jimmh's picture

Listening some The 69 Eyes when I was 5th and 6th grader. Then my mom came one day from a flea market with an album and said "I remember that you like this album". She gives me Devils album... 5 years too late...

@VoodooChild
That's a shame that you can't even listen Tarja Turunen's era stuff. She got so good voice that I can't hate that stuff in any way.

rustindeth's picture

I went to see the crossover thrash band Excel back in the early 90's and I went to see the UK indie rock band by mistake.

I got into a fight and had my mandatory suicide shirt ripped off my back.

This is too painful to talk about now..... boo hoo

Marci's picture

Buying Metallica's S&M was clearly a mistake

hammer slammer's picture

...stfu that album's great! :P

BrewtalBanger666's picture

Finally getting to support an international band (Macabre) after 20 long years just for my amp to shit it's self the second we started, and I did not bring a back up amp.

lol, that's just gay. I didn't know they were Christian either, glad I never listened to them.

Plague's picture

same here doc. And the same thing happened to me with Demon Hunter. Found out they were Christian after buying the album...listened to it, read lyrics, got a hunch, and then...boom...found out their true message...trash can.

Joel's picture

Not that long ago I was listening to this really old school pioneering Heavy Metal/Power Metal band from right here in California called Warlord ( http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Warlord/264) and musically, I really like 'em. But they've got the same problem. Bill Tsamis isn't just a Christian, it's the kind of Christian he is that turns me away. Victor Griffin is a Christian now too, and I'm not gonna find myself boycotting Pentagram. What about this old San Francisco band? Mike Jastremski (formerly of Heathen) was this bands' lead/rhythm guitarist. http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Griffin/607. I've got a Flight of the Griffin patch. If this was some Jesus freak band, then I'm tossing that patch in the trash where it belongs with my old Warlord patch. I feel like I'm carrying out a fucking witch hunt.

Formshifter's picture

since im an atheist, not a satanist, i dont mind christian lyrics. i find its the same thing as viking lyrics, just silly mythology

wasnt raised with that shit shoved down my throat so maybe i shouldnt say anything

nightslasher26's picture

Not going to Warbringer show 3 years ago,since they are one of my favorite bands i regret it to this day and since then they never came even close to where i live...

MasterDeath's picture

Mogao si ih vidjeti u mediki, Kevill je pil s nama i jebeno su odsvirali. Dosta jeftini upad

nightslasher26's picture

Uf znam,nisam mogao tada,čuo sam da je kevill ekstremno ljubazan prema fanovima.

MasterDeath's picture

Je, zamalo je dobio i batine od frenda. Zagrijal mu se za curu hahah

meaningless's picture

my 'biggest metal mistake'....was the day, as i thought: Hey..this 'new' CD thing is cool - LETS SELL & TRADE MY VINYLS...better grab the stuff on CD....
And i know..im not the only one..who made this mistake in the past..hahaha...
Some stuff is insane expensive nowadays and it will not come back to my collection on Vinyl again.. ;(

Fuck, that's mega bad!!! I never felt metal worthy enough to own anything on cd until I had it on vinyl lol

meaningless's picture

that is not the same :P hahaha.... CDs are mor comfortable, if u drive with the car :P ..but at home?..Vinyl rocks..haha

Vinyls over cd anyday :) Even when I did drive a car I only ever had a casette player, was great cos always taped my vinyls and get to listen to 2 albums before having to fumble around :) I'd never get a cd player in a car, if it had one I'd rip it out and put a tape player in! lol \m/

meaningless's picture

respect :D ...i must say...im just to fucking lazy :P ..ok, i miss it a bit, the time sitting infront of the hi-fi-system, copying tracks on tape..1 per 1 (on a mixtape)...writting the cover etc.. but shit...im rly a lazy ass :P
I still have my old tapes - but now..i also make a mix-CD ;) lol...for the car :P

Executer's picture

I listened to a Crematory song, which sounds very cool, ordered the album (Act 7?) and... it was the only song that I liked on it, so I traded it (have bought it for 10€).

quixotic's picture

The biggest mistake: Signing up on tshirtslayer, now I spend too much time here....

other one: I bought two Primal Fear Records once and a patch, sewed the patch one, while listening to them, the music imo is shit and I left the patch on my kutte for over a year... I don't know why I did this shit.

quixotic's picture

Take it as a compliment! this site here is way better than this stupid facebook

janbant's picture

I guess when I bought Linkin' Park CDs :(. And when I was like 8, I bought a Daddy Yankee CD (for those who don't know what it is, it is the worst type of music EVER: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggaeton). But that's not really metal related.

Metal could maybe be buying Death Magnetic which was really expensive, barely listened to it.

VoodooChild's picture

Godkanker srsly??? Daddy Yankee??? Auw... Ge hebt de Cd toch wel ritueel verbrand hoop ik.

janbant's picture

Ik heb m ritueel geslacht met het ontmaagdingsbloed van zijn moeder, daarna gekookt en hem het laten opvreten. Ik hoop dat de goden mij kunnen vergeven.

VoodooChild's picture

Ik kauw liever op scheermessen dan ik naar reggeaton luister.

Hárbarðr's picture

Oh man, i totally know what you mean, all imbeciles here listen to that crap, it's almost impossible to avoid, and it truly can make you retarded after continuous exposure!

janbant's picture

It is terrible! I was in vacation in Puerto Rico at that that, aka reggeaton capital of the world. It is terrible, especially the video clips!

TThrasher's picture

I'm glad i've never heard of this "reggaeton" stuff. Probably want to keep it that way.

janbant's picture
JUANTHRASH's picture

I used to listen to some slipknot,system of a down and linkin park when I was around 9 and 10 years old... yeah,that`s all. I didn`t know better back then.

MasterDeath's picture

No big mistakes. But about 5 years ago my friends and I went to our capital city (Zagreb) for drinks, in that time popular and the only metal bar around called "Runa". Later on, we were drunk as usual, we were talking about Thrash music. Some dude (gay guy) heard the word "Thrash" and said "I heard you guys like trash, there is a trash party in a club several blocks away". We drank our shots and went to that club called"Boogaloo". We were dissapointed and angry to see that this gay guy misunderstood us and meant trash music. Some of this shit was playing there http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O2WavTjVp54#at=22 .. Long story short, we entered in that place and had a good time with some chicks and booze. Imagine 6 guys with leather jackets, long hair and beards in that place haha. I was really mad at a time but fuck it. So, no that big mistakes here.

nightslasher26's picture

haha,puna puta napravio tu pogrešku!Techno klubovi i metal imiđ ne idu pod ruku,Jer Runa još otvorena,mislim da sam pročitao negdje da se zatvorilo,ako nije htio bih posjetiti kad dođem u ZG jer je to jedini metal bar u regiji?...

MasterDeath's picture

Sad ima drugi naziv "Valhalla". Mislim da je jedini, a drugi slični kafić s takvom mjuzom (i interijerom) je u Zadru ak se ne varam.

nightslasher26's picture

uf super,onda poslje maidena uValhallu,samo da radi cijelu noć...

Hot Karl's picture

I sold and/or traded a lot of original/first press CD's and shirts back in my teenage years. I didn't have much money, so trading with friends, or selling to a local music store was my way of checking out and buying new music. I wish I had a lot of it back, but hey...it was my own dumb ass mistake.

Hárbarðr's picture

Easy: not checking Cruachan's facebook page so i had absolutely no idea they were playing here, and i missed the show. It was a once in a lifetime chance, that kind of bands never play in this neck of the woods, i'm still pissed about this cock-up.

Under-Fire's picture

I went to a HIM "Love Metal" concert when I was younger and more foolish, just to meet girls. I didn't meet any girls; but I got fondled by a sweaty old man. That's a mistake.

Speed or Bleed's picture

hahaha

Under-Fire's picture

What's your worst?

Plague's picture

That is hilarious! and I'm not surprised that happening at a HIM concert. *puke*

Tuber's picture

LOL. Priceless!

Thrash attacker's picture

I used to listen to shitty music but everyone start with that ! nobody will listen underground thrash and death when they start to listen music ahah but my biggest mistakes are more when I didn't go to some shows !

bls-georg-pantera's picture

Worst mistake i've ever made was probably not buying some stuff because i wanted to ''save cash''...which i've spend at the end on food and booze
ugh... i just hope i'll get that Anti Cimex and All Pigs Must Die patch someday :/

munro627's picture

Not getting into metal earlier. Aha

IronMason's picture

I regret not being born 6 months earlier. The amount of bands i'll be missing in the next few months because of this is ridiculous

maidenfan620's picture

When I first got into metal, I thought Metallica was the best metal band ever...

IronMason's picture

I bet like 70% of us did.

I know the feels doe. ._.

maidenfan620's picture

Well it gets worse... I recall telling my dad once when I was younger that Metallica was 100x the band Judas Priest is.
I am ashamed of the 12 year old me O_O

NekroDesekrator666's picture

I first used to dislike them. And the bands i first got in were actually Slayer and some death/black metal bands.

maidenfan620's picture

Used to dislike them? What got you to like them later on? And dude, people like you are awesome to me! I had to work my way up to get into death metal and black metal but then there are guys like you that just start with what most metal outsiders see as the most brutal stuff, haha!

Maybe it could have been stuff from the Load/Reload/St. Anger, don't remember. But when i first time heard Whiplash i really started to like them. That was when i was 13. And oh yeah, hard to realize myself too that how did i like the more extreme stuff right away. I already listened some of little bit more harder stuff like Deathchain but when i was 12 and i got my first mp3-player, my brother filled it up with all kinds new and strange stuff for me like Burzum, Darkthrone and Death. Burzum was the real deal for me back then, it sounded so obscure and strange but the same time i really liked it. But no wonder, Burzum is fucking awesome!

maidenfan620's picture

My first Metallica experience was the Black Album, then Kill 'em All when I heard Metal Militia... I was hooked at 11 or 12. I didn't get into extreme stuff until I was about 15 (I was already a huge thrash metal fan by then) when I first heard Bathory and Immortal come up when I was listening to Pandora internet radio. I've really got into death metal because of Death and Obituary and black metal mainly because of Immortal. Oddly enough, I haven't sat down and listened to a full Burzum album yet!

You really should! Filosofem is one of the best black metal albums ever. Or should i say all in all one of the best albums ever

ProtectorOfMegadeth's picture

I know I thought that at one time, then I heard Peace Sells and Rust in Peace and my entire worldview changed

quixotic's picture

they are still awesome!

lak89's picture

Missing certain gigs for various reasons: Dream Theater in 2006, they played here in Hong Kong and I chose not to go as I wasn't into them yet, but after I got into them I realized what I've missed out. Leaving directly after Symphony X played here and finding out later that I could've met the band backstage. Missing Nile, Origin and Kreator when I lived in Melbourne.

10 years ago when I was deep in my nu-metal phase, I wrote in a review that Godsmack were "the essence of metal", I have nothing against them now but man if I could go back in time and see myself 10 years younger I'd ridicule the shit out of me lol.

Shit dude, that sucks! The Nile and Kreator shows in Melbourne were awesome. I missed Nile last time though but they come again in Dec :)
I won't be missing that!!!

almostwilt's picture

trading/selling my original Venom Black Metal back patch for cheap

DevilzForce's picture

no mistakes, just learning moments ;)

Chemical Burn's picture

Buying a bunch of shit CDs when I was 14/15 and didn't know better.
Acquiring several Cannibal Corpse and Watain albums when I was younger because I thought I "should" like them.
Missing Bolt Thrower not once but twice because I was under 18. Also, WASP, Pentagram and too many others.

ProtectorOfMegadeth's picture

I like Cannibal, never been into slower stuff, except through my Candlemass and Electric Wizard phase

necrodonkey's picture

Deciding to crowdsurf over Slayer's pit at Heavy TO '11. Ouch.

quixotic's picture

I think for the most 90% male attendance this wasn't a big mistake ;)

Wrathchylde666's picture

Not seeing Heaven and Hell because I foolishly thought I'd catch them the next time around. I'll always regret never seeing the great Dio live when I easily could have.

quixotic's picture

that sucks man, I was lucky to see them in Wacken 09, but I was really drunk...

MoreNecromansy's picture

Selling my Lamp of Thoth cds to make money to buy the same albums on vinyls. However, the vinyls sold out by the time I sold the cds!

powermetaller's picture

Except for the really crappy CDs I bought once (like Altaria's Divine Invitation, Battlelore - The Last Alliance and some Nightwish Best-of - I was young and had no idea; ok I still am, but I think my taste got better...), probably missing the Heaven & Hell gig in 2009, because I was too lazy to move my ass for lousy 40 km...

sergius's picture

when i start into metal, i wanted to buy a system of a down cd, and the only one that they have was the still this album!,jajajajaja,and i said to the guy of the store that the boocktleg wasn´t in the cd ,and he told me that the cd havent a boocktleg,and i was pistoff.

Evilution E5150's picture

being too broke to see Forbidden, Overkill and Testament when they were here in within a month of each other

Hadrianblackthrash666's picture

Thinking Slipknot were Heavy as shit aged 13. Christ, 4 years ago!

hammer slammer's picture

So much Metallica hate in this thread man, shockin'...
Mine's probably from Bloodstock '11, I got talking to some guy who I assumed was just a roadie through the fence near where the tour buses were parked while I was proper fucked and he turned out to be Trey Azagthoth. I was talking to him for like nearly half an hour before I realised. Felt like a proper spud.

Queen Catsie's picture

Oh please! This place would be the answer to all my prayers if I actually prayed XD

warmonger's picture

Worst mistake ever was probably listening to the latest Manowar album...

mercyful king's picture

Didn't got to see fueled by fire, morbid angel and kreator, to go 2 days after to a wasp show for the same price. Damn, all those hair metal fags, most boring fucking audience...

Blüdrayne's picture

if this was back in the day, that was probably one of the worst decisions yet lol.

micHELLe's picture

-HALF my music taste between the ages of 12-14
-Not seeing Heaven and Hell (Dio) when I had the chance :(

Link's picture

Not seeing the Big 4 when they had their first leg of concerts and even crossed my country. I'll never see Slayer again.

cambotero's picture

had to choose between Voivod show or a final exam, i chosed exam, i didnt passed. my friends told me that they smoked weed with Voivod after the show. how i fucking regret thar day.

Speed or Bleed's picture

ooh man you missed a big party!

cambotero's picture

dude, why you have remind me this? T_T

Todger93's picture

Being convinced that Avenged Sevenfold was thrash metal when I heard them for the first time (the song Blinded in Chains). Ending up buying the City of Evil album, finding out that there are too many ballads/child-friendly parts. What a waste of € 10... until I sold it to some emo kid.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Hmm to many to mention :).
I once bought a Sabaton CD (first demo album or something) and the first In Solitude album, horrible stuff in my book.
Went to see Paradise Lost instead of Motörhead in `95!
For the record i had no one to travel with to the Motör gig so it did not happen.
Bought Warrants "Cherry Pie back when it got released, awful stuff.

atrophythrasher's picture

i was knock out at rammstein :(

Blüdrayne's picture

no, that's what I call a good choice.

NocturnalOccultist's picture

my mistake was not to see slayer live before Jeff died and judas priest before kk left and dio! also i never went to HEAVY TO 2011 because its the best lineup but i never had a chance!

PForx's picture

Well, I used to think Slipknot was "blackened death metal". Now I look back at it and want to beat myself up.
-
A friend told me about one time he was taking the bus home from school, and this 10-ish year old kid walked up to him and said "I heard you like metal. Do you listen to Green Day or is that too heavy for you"? My friend then proceeded to introduce the kid to Cannibal Corpse...

MonoWhisper763's picture

Well, buying the Supercollider album is one. Buying an A7X shirt is another. But my biggest mistake, I'm not even sure this applies to metal, was buying an ICP shirt

Mintakaa's picture

I used to hear Bands like Asking Alexandria, WBTBWB and many other shitty Core Bands some years ago...
Then I went to a Core-Festival....and Slayer Headlined ... I´ve never heard of them before and stood in the first row when they started with Raining Blood ... Slayer converted me, and that changed everything.. :D

Cannibal Lecter's picture

When I was 16 I got really high and tried carving Slayer into my arm with a butter knife...

bad_american1992's picture

High on what hahahah

Overkill's picture

Toxic Holocaust and Marduk had a gig in my area and I didn't get tickets. They cancelled anyway, though.

Heimdall11's picture

Worst metal mistake - to think that the bands (especially Slipknot) I listend to when I was 13-15 were real metal :D I should have known better...
And it was a big mistake to buy a Midnight Satanic Royalty patch without asking for if it's a bootleg... Of course I got screwd and lost some money to a douchebag... Stupid me...^^

PinkPony's picture

I started my 'metal adventure' with bands like bullet for my valentine, nightwish, parkway drive,.. etc. I know a lot of the people here will like call me a poser or say something bad about those bands. But hey, who gives a fuck. I don't think of it as a mistake, i just started out with those bands. I didn't have much "metal friends" so i was finding music on my own and well youtube was my major source so i found a lot of popular bands. And after a few years i started to get to know more people that were into metal and so more metal bands. And now i don't listen to bullet for my valentine (for example) anymore and rather listen to Nocturnal :3

Metal Panther 54's picture

Mine is buying lulu the day it came out.....worst purchase ever!!!!!

bouke777's picture

started to listen to P.O.D and stuff like that.
then discovered tourniquet.. and that changed my whole live.. wich is a good thing haha..
so it's bad and good in the same way..
the best thing that ever happend to me, is that i'm busy with Walter Rietveld from the dutch band Sculpture to make some old school death metal... i hope he and me make an awesome album :)

Queen Catsie's picture

Fortunately, i didn't have the "i think it's metal" phase (I was basically thrown right into the good stuff haha) but the mistakes I DID make would be:
1. buying a vest that was too short when i started making my kutte. This was stupid. I still regret it.
2. Buying my Rammstein tickets too late both times I saw them and ending up sitting in row 200something. I wish I could've moshed.
3. going to see Stone Sour in January. I had to wait outside for 5 hours so I dressed up warm, but inside the venue was hotter than Satan's asshole, fortunately my dad was with me and held my jacket, but still.
4. Assuming I HAD to like brutal death and trve kvlt black metal for like 6 months XD this was before I realized that im allowed to have my own opinion on shit
5. NOT GETTING INTO TOXIC HOLOCAUST SOONER ;-;
6. basically everything I did at the first 2 metal gigs I went to
7. buying patches from bands im not too into or buying too many patches from one band... you think nothing of it at first, but when your kutte is nearly finished, you realize that maybe you don't need 5 Metallica patches and 6 Megadeth ones. Actually, I don't regret the Megadeth at all.
8. not going to Mayhem 2012.

LikkedbyDeath's picture

#1 - Short vests are more flattering to the female figure than a longer vest anyway. You wear the vest, don't let the vest wear you. :-) My first vest is also a short one.
# 7 - Yep!! I have a Graveland patch... dunno why haha.

Queen Catsie's picture

Well, if you put it that way :)

saladzdawg's picture

Living 4-6hrs from a major city.....making going to shows a costly expedition. (fuel/flights, accom +tickets.)

SpecializedInViolence's picture

When I was younger, I had the chance to see Overkill. They're one of my favorite bands and I couldn't wait to go. Only problem was that I had the SATs the next morning and my mom wouldn't let me go. Christ, the disappointment. Worst part of it all? Slept through my SATs. Missed them and had to re-schedule.

Oh, and when I was first getting into Metal, I thought Slipknot was Death Metal.

Kathulex's picture

I've traded a vintage Gorefest - False patch for 2009 Carcas one.

I wasn't that big on Gorefest back then and loved Carcass.

sergius's picture

When I was like 5 or 6 I broke my phather Alice Cooper/Poison, G&R/Apetite and Use your Illution I, my mother Scorpions/ love at first sting cassets playing with my Batmobile.When I was 14 I go with my band (https://www.facebook.com/HandHammer) go to a Megadeth gig when Megadeth rules, few hours to the concert begins we gave all the tickets to a friend, he went to watch the shirts and when they back he lost all the tickets,we have to buy´em to a re-seller the doble of the Price of the tickets.

J.j. Ratte's picture

My biggest mistake was about 12 years ago when I saw a CD with the name INCUBUS on it in the recordstore. My schoolfriend back then told me about the Thrash/Death band a day before. I bought the cd without doing any research (no youtube back than) and I bought the cd from the shitty fag INCUBUS rockband. Man when I listened to the cd I was thinking WTF?? Next day I went to my schoolfriend with the cd. Asked him WTF thrash/Death you stupid fuck! He told me this was the wrong INCUBUS. I thought FUCK! So my biggest metal mistake ever!

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Hahaha good one or should i say bad one :)!?
Yeah i remember when i got to know about that crap band also called Incubus.

BlackMetalPete's picture

In early 1983 this guy from the neighborhood told my friends and I we should check out this local metal band that was playing a gig in San Francisco. After seeing many shitty local bands in the previous few months we skipped it. The band he told us about was Metallica pre first album when Mustaine was still with them. Didn't hear them till " Kill em All" came out months later. Argh! Then there was this time when someone told us that Dave Mustaine's new band was playing a gig with Kerry King on guitar and we skipped that one too.

joecubbie's picture

Gees I've made so many "metal" mistakes. Like mistaking BVB and shitty scene bands for metal or listening to Cold Lake haha. But the biggest metal mistake I ever made is one I'll never live down...

I was 10 and had just started getting into metal thanks to my dad a year earlier. Rush, Van Halen, BÖC, Sabbath, Priest...it was metal or nothing for me (before i got back to my classic rock roots and discovered many great punk, indie, and noise bands but I digress).

The Black Sabbath I grew to love was the classic 70s lineup. And then I found out about Dio. And he pissed me off...a lot. I was so young that I couldn't accept a Black Sabbath without Ozzy. I got even more pissed when I found out about the million other singers who sang in Sabbath.

So it was that summer and Heaven and Hell came to the Sears Centre Arena (a shitty arena about a half hour out of Chicago) with Priest, Queensrÿche, and Testament. My dad was gonna take me but I refused to go. Why? I would not listen to Dio. He "stole" Ozzy's place in Sabbath and I would never "forgive" him for that.

A year passes and I hear the news on the classic rock station. Dio died. They went on to play "The Last in Line". It was the first time I ever heard Dio's voice. And I cried. One song that changed my life forever. Dio was being played all day after that.

My dad came home to find me in front of my stereo listening to Dio. He said, "I thought you hated Dio." That's when I realized how wrong I was. And now he's gone forever :(

That is the biggest metal mistake I ever made.

Tuber's picture

Nevver. I be perfect.

preistmaidensabbath95's picture

My biggest metal mistake was when I was 15/16 I was into shit bands like avenged sevenfag and bullet for my Valentine because I was looking for newer stuff and unfortunately I found them but I'm no longer listening to those shit band because I found better bands for instance municipal waste, lost society, sacred reich, toxik, overkill, d.r.i. etc etc

oldmate's picture

Biggest mistake is I had tickets for the Australian Destruction show. I go the dates wrong and ended up going out for dinner with some mates. Missed the whole show.

Destruction have not been back here :(

Hofmonstr's picture

Mine is not trying hard enough to get into every event I possible could. Case in point, January 1985 W.A.S.P. was playing a small club near where I lived. I was actually more interested in seeing the opening act. Metallica. I couldnt get in because it was an 18+ show and I was 17 for a couple of months yet. I should have tried for a fake ID or sneeking in. There are so many other shows I should have gone to and did not for one reason or an other.

BlueEyedBeast's picture

Most recently.. Missing Saint Vitus by not learning about their show in Norman, Oklahoma until a few days after the fact...

DeathMetalCraze's picture

I think my biggest metal mistake was selling my copies of Behemoth's Demigod and Watain's Lawless Darkness. At the time I didn't really get black metal but now im in love with it and i want those albums back so bad. Stupid Me.

judascrust's picture

I'm sure I have a lot that some would consider "mistakes" - I used to love Metallica's Load & Re-load albums - even when i was already into more underground stuff, used to think black metal meant bands like Cradle, Dimmu, and early In Flames, not liking King Diamond's vocals at first haha I've dismissed classic albums as not being up to standard and now I adore them, stuff like that but now I don't see them as mistakes as much as just being young, being someone who didn't grow up with the old-school bands that are so praised in this genre so my appreciation for them needed time to develop and simply having different tastes and different feelings about what certain kinds of music meant to me.

JoeCool6972's picture

Maybe they are not that metal, but paying $35 per ticket for myself and the wife a few years ago to see Aerosmith and realizing that Stephen Tyler was lip syncing!

Vomitus's picture

i went to see Pallbearer when they opened for Enslaved in Portland last year and i didn't arrive in time to see them. i was just dicking around, i don't like showing up early to shows really. i got there and waited, and waited and then Enslave comes on and starts playing. i like Enslaved, but i really wanted to see Pallbearer. i'd been waiting for pallbearer to go on tour, i was stoked when i learned they were comming. that album is very important to me. (first Pallbearer album, i guess it's still their only release?)

SHREDDER S47's picture

My mistake takes place in the early days of my liking for metal... with linkin park, korn, limp biskit, and Marilyn manson. oh man..... I can't believe I actually thought they were metal. oh well. When you're young and ignorant, you think things like that. But you have to start somewhere right? And in the early and even late 2000's, that was what young people could most easily get ahold of.

SallyTheScumberjack's picture

Probably the biggest mistake is taking a full time job offer and finally realizing that i dont have the time or energy to go to gigs.

Nater90's picture

I don't go to Soundwave I usually go to the "Sidewaves" because you see more etc, I wanted to see Gwar & Satyricon on their Sidewave but didn't go because The Black Dahlia Murder was playing to and I can't stand Trevor's vocals, and a couple weeks or so after they were here Oderus died

oldmate's picture

dude that sucks

the Gwar show was AMAZING!!! 2nd time I saw them in Australia

I got there late by choice.. I saw the last Satyricon song played, then watched Amon Amarth they were OK. then GWAR.

Nater90's picture

Very much so mate, Yeah I could have rocked up late I guess....*kicks self*

EvilPriest's picture

Fuck it all and fucking no regrets !

oldmate's picture

100%

kertalaaki's picture

Probably not going to see W.A.S.P. in my hometown a few years back. I'm still not sure why I didn't went, the tickets were "cheap" enough, and I only have a few blocks to the event place where the gig was held. To this day it's a total mystery to me why I didn't go and see them.

TooFastForLove's picture

Not buying a few "rare" albums when I found them in normal price.

metal_thrashing_dad's picture

Not continuing buying vinyls in the 90's and turned into CD's. Thanks the Metal Gods that i didn't sell my old vinyl as many of my friends did back them. Still have them and started to buy vinyls again in the last 5 - 6 years!!!

eduslayer's picture

when i couldn't go to at the begging of the 90's to see Kreator playing Renewal and Sepultura under siege gig in Barcelona, just cos i was young and one of my friends was going. Then the day after a good friend told me he went to Renewal gig.

576,976 items in the gallery, 883,644 comments, and 659 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments