TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

your metal traditions?

DeathInFire
Tue, 27/01/2015 - 18:08

i saw this topic on the metallum forums and figured i'd ask it here if you guys had any metal traditions or specific things things you do involving metal.

the only one i consistently have done is that i received ride the lightning on my birthday and that album was when i realized i was a metalhead. on my birthday, i listen to only metallica and because i'm one of the few life-long supporters, i put on their whole discography starting at kill 'em all and finishing with beyond magnetic. its usually just in the background but i listen to all of them regardless.

other than that, i listen to mainly doom metal on halloween but thats not really something i do every year

nightslasher26's picture

Every night is Dissection/Unanimated/Sacramentum night for me :D.

bad_american1992's picture

3 great choices right there!

cambotero's picture

When it's the birthday/deathday of some musician i like to listen to its music for the whole day

joecubbie's picture

Every summer before I go to a fest or show, I eat at Steak N' Shake which is a greasy burger chain here in the States...but fucking addicting haha!!! It seems I'm always having it before going to a carnival to go on rides and see a band.

gizter's picture

dont think i have any
but i do notice i tend to listen the fuck out of bands just before seeing them. just feeding my exitement.
cant call it a tradition, more like a habbit.

Taikon's picture

Same here. I also like the idea of listening to a band during a musician's "deathday", but I have trouble keeping track of so many dates as years go by.

PForx's picture

Same.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

yes! or make a playlist of their setlist annd listen to it a whole week before the show.

stenchcore massive's picture

my metal tradition usually involved getting blind fucking drunk before every gig...now its not so much haha. And as gizter said i also listen to a band more for a few days before listening to them, then stop the day before and dont listen to them at all and just get really excited heh :)

PForx's picture

Almost always before we go to shows at a local venue called Blitz, me and TSS user Mr.Thrash go to a pizza place called Pizza Pancetta.

Nater90's picture

After pretty much every concert since 2011 I get a kebab.

Nater90's picture

Kebabs are full of win bro! And they taste better then most shit as fuck takeaway places.

meaningless's picture

haha..dude.. :P ur the best :D

Nater90's picture

Why thank you, Your pretty epic yourself :)

oldmate's picture

Same!!! That and ill get a pack of ciggis every gig and then give away the pack after the show.

Nater90's picture

Haha awesome man! We'll have to go see a band and kebab it up.

oldmate's picture

I got tickets for suffocation and decapitated... ill be in a tshirtslayer tee

say gday if you see me

Nater90's picture

I'm really thinking of going to that....Same night as my radio...Might have to take the night off!

Hell yeah man! Doc needs to make a new lot...I want one.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

starting feb 3rd im going to 5 guys burgers (bacon cheeseburrger and fries) and popeyes chicken (to get the mac n cheese). Place is beyond addicting haha

Doktor Kananga's picture

When I read the entry-post I started to ask myself "Do I have a metal tradition?"
Coudn´t think of any, so I asked my wife
"Honey, do I have a metal tradition"
"A what?"
"A metal tradition...something metal-releated I constandly do........."
She thinks about it and said
"Every time you go to the bathroom to get shaved you put a Amon Amarth-CD on at high volume."
So I guess thats my metal tradition :-)

Nater90's picture

Haha that's awesome, I would have thought listening to Amon Amarth would make your beard grow :P

meaningless's picture

maybe i should do the same..with my lady ...since i dont think i have any tradition..or maybe i just dont know it :P

meaningless's picture

hm..no idea if its a 'tradition'..but i dont wear a shirt of the band who is playing at a gig.... hm..
..hm..nope..i dont think i have any tradition :P ..but maybe i should ask my lady, like Doktor Kananga have done..haha

Thor12's picture

After every show me and my uncle go to we drink a pint at his home if that counts XD

judascrust's picture

when I want to listen to music, I usually choose a metal cd. when I get dressed in the morning, I put on metal band shirts. when metal shows come up, if I am able to go, I do so; usually my friends and i commemorate the event by going to the bar and taking turns buying rounds of beers and occasionally stepping outside to smoke reefer.

Kurarw's picture

Me for instance every year on 31st October listen to King Diamond Halloween, on 24th December No presents for Christmas and on Great Friday before Easterns listen to Sodom Procession to Golgotha and Christ passion. Great experience!

Metalmate's picture

Every time I vist a new country I try to get either an AC/DC 7" or Iron Maiden 7" pressing from that country.
If I can' t find one I will buy a vinyl metal sampler from that country or at least a local thrash band on vinyl.

Hahaha any excuse to buy vinyl.

Oh and on my best friend and I always play Heavy Birthday by Chroming Rose on each others Bdays.

Queen Catsie's picture

I got a few, actually.
I never leave a gig empty-handed. Even if there's no merch for sale, I try to get a pick or a setlist or a pin from someone, anything... Once, I let a guy write his name in my kutte so I'd at least have that haha
I blast For Whom the Bell Tolls before doing just about anything important.
On my birthday, the candles always get blown out to a metal song. We've been doing this since I was like 5, actually.
I also celebrate the anniversary of my kutte (March 30).

Joel's picture

Whenever I go to a show at the DNA Lounge up in the city, I eat a bunch of hot wings slathered in hot sauce and ranch dressing and drink a beer and converse with other attendees before the opening band starts their set. After the show, I drink a couple more beers and always find myself talking to other metalheads about the show and various other topics.

maidenfan620's picture

After every show, I go to DelTaco

VoodooChild's picture

When I had sex for the first time I put music on for the sole reason my parents wouldn't hear the sounds. I just took the first album I could find because the only reason was to have something to don't hear the sexnoise. This just happend to be the first Danzig album. Ever since then whenever I fuck in an envirement where I have the oppurtunity to controll the music I put on the first Danzig album.

Also whenever I change the strings on my guitars and clean the guitars I listnen to Reign in Blood.

578,489 items in the gallery, 884,108 comments, and 674 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• these were released in 2021 or 2022
  • not too crazy, i like it!
  • Cute :3
  • wow, mini wasn't an understatement..but still sick!
  • sick jacket my man!
  • lol, every morning that would be my morning cup of coffee..exodus cup -Sick!
  • Amazing! 5 Flames!
  • 🤘😆🤘
  • Awesome!
  • GOAT comment, and insane vest!
  • Nice one
  • Will definitely check Sorkraft and that video out, appreciate the tip.
  • Not usually a fan of reimagined artwork, but I saw this on IG the other day and was impressed. Looks great on a LS!
  • https://www.ebay.de/itm/126407364304?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=2T8FGOq8RhO&sssrc=44
  • Would like to find this one before September.
  • Yeah saw it was on there but out of stock, got a buddy who has one I might buy from, very cool print though!