TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

Woops! We lost 5 hours of comments to 1200 EST May 27th

doctordeath
Fri, 27/05/2016 - 18:46

Woops! We lost 5 hours of comments to 1200 EST May 27th!!

Made a big mistake whilst trying to update some things, turns out the backups were a bit old.

We cant afford backups at the datacentre ( how about helping out here ? http://patreon.com/user?u=2519997&ty=h )

So it took a long time to restore...

nicke-666's picture

I really would like to support but i dont have paypal and im only 14 (so my opptions are limited). I love seeing peoples battle jackets on this site and when i first started to make my vest i got many ideas and inspirations from this site. This is also the closest for now i can get if i want to talk about metal because i dont have any friends that listen to metal , so thank you for Tshirtslayer!!!!!!!

Nater90's picture

Think the technical term is a sugar daddy! Hahahaha.

meaningless's picture

lol

nicke-666's picture

LOL

NISSE666's picture

Hahaha!

Thrashattck94's picture

shitting hell, mate. Don't bring that wank on this site!

Nater90's picture

Umm, What?

Thrashattck94's picture

The sugar daddy thing - there's already that stuff on Instagram! D:

Nater90's picture

Oh, I don't use Instagram so I wasn't aware of that.

gloriousdeath's picture

c'mon Doc... of course it is !!!! But yeah.... people should be more supportive !!! Maybe you should make certain parts of TSS only accessible for supporters ?? Like putting thinks up for sale/ trade... if you're going to make money on TSS, then support it as well...

gloriousdeath's picture

well, with making money on TSS i mean those who put things up for sale here.....if you're able to sell a shirt for $ 50 because TSS gave you a platform to do so, then you can spend some $$$ to support it too... anyway, much respect for keeping this thing going !!! I really hope more people are going to support you !!!!!!!

gloriousdeath's picture

yeah maybe... but i really think you should more stress the need of supporters.. like put a banner on every page you open.. like on top next to the logo or when you upload something above the "Create Entry about one of my metal collection"phrase ... something similar Wikipedia does... no idea if it really helps, but worthwhile a try... and then there is the problem that people don't have paypal.. and maybe not the funds for a monthly fee... how about possiblity to transfer to a bank-account and one-time donations ??

Der Todesking's picture

Right! I dont have Paypal. I would rather like to pay one time/year 25€ than 12 month 2€ (f.ex.!). I would really like to become a supporter though!?

Der Todesking's picture

Thats great! Thanx DocDeath! Love TSS!

doomtilldeath's picture

Same here, I'd really like to make a one time donation per year (or something) and I think many others would do it too. I guess the monthly thing just isn't for everyone.

Carovoivod's picture

I wanna be a supporter Doc I think TSS needs expansion, it's a great place to be
Cap. Caro
/,,/

Carovoivod's picture

Ok bro

rusty74's picture

have you looked into offering & charging advertising space for touring companies to display their latest tours?, i know a few metal blogs do it, this site has what alot of websites/business's crave, that being quality 'foot traffic' and the audience is very targeted, it ranks high in google and you have eyeballs on it everyday, it is an incredible asset you have. i would hate to see you give it up due to the cost, which will unfortunately only get more expensive, your time, effort and money you put into it is not rewarding you back, only the passion of having such a cool site. Otherwise i totally agree with Mr gloriousdeath, if you want to sell or trade that you have to support the site that you are able to do it on, ebay charges like a wounded bull if you make a sale.

Nater90's picture

I agree with the delay with making a delay for people to sell / trade stuff, That way it also helps get rid of scammers to an extent.

For people that don't have PayPal could you setup a Western Union account or something?

vikingdantheman's picture

i setup a paypal account just after becoming a member here because alot of sellers here do paypal only.
i didnt think it was that hard to do.
i also think its a good system for transactions.

oldmate's picture

i think do a wiki style thing. Have a annual $ drive. Also leave the current system. I think people just dont understand the expense behind running a website.

Nevs's picture

Hey Doc. Just joined on as a supporter yesterday because I am thankful for all the hard work you do. I have a few ideas that may help drum up some more support:
1. Limit the number of items posted for non-supporters to one item every 36 hours (or some other reasonable amount of time).
2. If possible, post a spot for the top countries in terms of highest support percentage and most supporting members. I hope my country of Canada is providing a fair share.
3. On the main page, post a section that includes for sale items of supporters only (above ‘Recently added TShirts’) to give supporters an edge in selling their items.
4. Possibly limit the amount of annual or total items available to post for non-supporters, with a message that reads “Please delete old items or support” to encourage heavy users to support their fair share.
5. Change supporter criteria to allow for monthly, yearly, or lifetime payments (gain more support upfront).
6. See if online Metal/Rock/Punk websites like Loudwire, Blabbermouth, or Metal Injection can write an article about TShirtSlayer and its unique community (Potential Free Advertising). Hell, I am sure someone on TShirtSlayer (like myself) could write an article for you and try to submit it to some of these websites. Get your hardcore supporters to support with more than just their finances. A bunch of us asking them to do it would do more than just one person requesting.
I hope that my ideas are at least somewhat useful. I think it is important to still allow new/infrequent members to use the service for free, but once they get hooked and want more they can support to gain more features.
Also, supporting costs less than a beer a month or less than one patch. If you can afford three or four patches a month (or even gigs or T-shirts), you can afford to support. I am a university student paying my own way through with a wife and a mortgage, and I can afford to support.

578,489 items in the gallery, 884,108 comments, and 674 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• 🤘😆🤘
  • Awesome!
  • GOAT comment, and insane vest!
  • Nice one
  • Will definitely check Sorkraft and that video out, appreciate the tip.
  • Not usually a fan of reimagined artwork, but I saw this on IG the other day and was impressed. Looks great on a LS!
  • https://www.ebay.de/itm/126407364304?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=2T8FGOq8RhO&sssrc=44
  • Would like to find this one before September.
  • Yeah saw it was on there but out of stock, got a buddy who has one I might buy from, very cool print though!
  • The back pic is from the Chaos AD era. The front pic is from an original tour shirt from the early 90s.
  • Thanks! It's a very limited run from a french publisher. High quality print too.
  • https://www.flickr.com/photos/47142214@N00/194090428 A nice photo of Max and Nick Barker both wearing this shirt, May
  • Why do you doubt that?
  • The song that first introduced me to Immortal. Been a lifer ever since....
  • Killer as always!
  • Killer!!! really nice taste