TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Why do most Iron Maiden fans..

frankie530
Wed, 19/11/2014 - 18:37

Why do most maiden fans hate the album no prayer for the dying? It's not a shit album with Blaze on it, I mean it's not number of the beast or somewhere in time but I mean to me it's still pretty memorable and has cool artwork and great songs like Holy Smoke, Mother Russia, Tailgunner and No Prayer for the Dying. Thoughts?

judascrust's picture

most maiden fans are probably just trying to sound cool, like "oh i only like the old stuff..." "I liked them more before such and such a time..." that kind of thing. i personally prefer the 80's maiden era; i think they did lose some steam in the 90s but they still had some good material then, i wouldn't outright shit on those albums though.... the 1st maiden album i ever heard was the X factor so i still have a bit of a soft spot for that one. i was born in '84 and didn't start getting into music until 1999 when i was about 15 so obviously i didn't grow up with maiden and experience their development firsthand so i think it would be kinda poserish to talk shit about their 90's albums when i wasn't even aware of them until the 90's were over haha that's just me though

powermetaller's picture

You could as well ask, why do people call the Blaze-albums shit?
I mean, crap like The Angel and the Gambler, alright, but most of those songs are amazing and fit perfectly to Blaze's darker voice. Hell, even some Bruce-era-songs sound better with him (e.g. Afraid to Shoot Strangers!).
After all, everything in music is a matter of taste.

meaningless's picture

well said!

RavenEffect's picture

I like all Maiden albums except the last one. Even the Albums with Blaze have some cool songs, like Clansman and such. I like the record but It doesnt carry the same punch as previous ones which were all REALLY REALLY good so its a step down in quality. But hey, being album #8 from a band that was used to be on the top of the world since early 80's, that's an acomplishment by itself

Axehead's picture

its a great album,i love the Clansman song..but like you said,it aint no Number of the Beast or Powerslave..most Maiden stuff is good but as time went on it became repetitive..in any case its all good

whiteravenmetal's picture

that's crap, I love that album, songs like Run Silent, Run Deep, No Prayer for the Dying and Fates Warning are amazing and are some of my all time favorites. Also there's some really awful songs like Holy Smoke, Hooks in You and Bring your Daughter, but even that doesn't ruin the rest of the album.

meaningless's picture

i know..most ppl say that..no clue why..., i rly like the No Prayer..album..its better (just for example) then Fear of the dark.
And the Blaze-Albums are totaly underrated. The X.. % Virtual.. are great albums, still listen more often to this albums..then to, lets say.. Fear of the dark ;)

Nater90's picture

People hate because their fucking morons and think Bruce should be the only singer for Iron Maiden due to his amazing vocals, All Maiden albums have some killer tracks no matter who the singer is! Its Maiden for fuck sake one of the best NWOBHM bands that will ever exist.

R.J.'s picture

Bruce Dickinson was still the vocalist on No Prayer for the Dying.

Nater90's picture

I know, I'm just saying people hate for no reason, Its been a while since I've listened to Maiden so brain fails when it comes to knowing it....I might re-visit the album I honestly can't remember the last time I listened to it.

oldmate's picture

No prayer for the dying is an amazing album! I fucking love it!

DeathByMetalAustralia's picture

Me too.

Angel of Sodomy's picture

There is no bad Iron Maiden album. Mother Russia was actually one of the songs that got me into Maiden.

nameless_rites's picture

It's not great, but it's okay - they've definitely done better but it has some good songs

Faber's picture

I only like the old stuff.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

I think it`s a decent album for sure, "Run silent run deep", "Mother Russia", "No prayer for the dying", "The assassin" and "Fates Warning" are all great songs in my book.
Would not call the Blaze era shit, love those records as well.

DeathByMetalAustralia's picture

This entire thread could also be said for Judas Priest and Ripper Owens.

Nater90's picture

True, Ripper is fucking amazing! I really loved Jugulator its why I've got the patch on my kutte.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

You are right but personally i think Maiden did better albums with Blaze than Priest did with Ripper.
When Demolition came out i thought that Ripper is better than this modern industrial crap, let the man sing some real Metal.

kissman's picture

I really don't like that album... never have, never will

alla2465's picture

You all got it wrong.. People simply don't like it for 1 reason: They just don't think it sounds good! Music is Subjective... Is it THAT hard to wrap your head around it?.. Man...

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments