TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Who's the asshole?

joecubbie
Thu, 11/02/2016 - 18:29

Alright, I'm about to make a really long post so if you don't want to read it, stop here. I'm open to any forms of criticism I may get since I know everyone on this site is cool and isn't gonna pull off some jackass stunt like this...

As of yesterday, I'm officially done with the poser mainstream metalheads. This is ironic considering a year ago I criticized the people Metal Archives for shitting on anyone who liked these mainstream groups, but now I can see why to be honest. Sure I still enjoy Lamb of God, Slayer, and Pantera to name a few, but I'm definitely not among the lines of these UFC meathead pit bullies who think they're the shit. In fact, I'm the polar opposite. I was pissed off dealing with this crowd at the Lamb of God show a couple weeks ago but yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So I saw a post about some mental institution in California that was going to name something in memory of Mitch Lucker of Suicide Silence. I posted a rather controversial comment (that has since been deleted) and got a lot of hate from the SS fanbase. I posted, and I quote, "Yeah let's honor the queer deathcore singer who abandoned his wife and 5 year old daughter to go out drunk on his motorcycle." Could I have used a better choice of words? Possibly. But the premise of my comment was that I don't believe Mitch Lucker deserves to be honored not because of his inferior music, but because of his personal actions which showed complete disregard to the people who loved him the most.

The beauty of this country as apposed to others is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Many people were commenting about what a dick I was and blah blah blah and I could've cared less simply because nothing is going to change my opinion. One fan however was overzealous and happened to live in Chicago, like me. This guy starts challenging me saying I wouldn't have the balls to say it to his face and that he's gonna kick my ass at the next show I'm at because he recognizes my "shitty vest" and "tubby ass". Then he starts messaging me threats about how I "better not go to the Slayer show next week" and blah blah blah. He went on about how I was a pussy for not wanting to fight him and I replied, "Listen, if you want me to tell you to your face my feelings about Suicide Silence and Mitch Lucker, I will. However, I'm not gonna fight though over a dead emo singer."

This really sent him over the edge. He starts tearing into me more about how I'm gonna be dead and I'm a coward, etc. I said, "Fine, if it bothers you that much, I'll delete it and I'm blocking you. If you were really as metal as you claimed to be, you would laugh at what I posted and not let it bother you so much." If someone posted something negative about Ozzy, Lemmy, RJD, or any other metal gods, I'd just laugh it off. The last thing I'm gonna do is challenge someone to a fight over Facebook. I don't know what's more sad, the fact that this is a supposed grown man who wanted to fight a 17 year old for saying something he didn't like, or the fact that this is a supposed grown man who listens to Suicide Silence.

Metal is extreme music for extreme people. If you can't even handle one's opinion on someone like Mitch Lucker, then you're not a part of the community. What also pissed me off was how he was playing the age card on me like just because I'm 17, I'm inferior to him and "not as metal". He's telling me shit like how he's "been in the community since he was 12" and how he "attended every Mayhem Fest" and if I have the balls to say it to his face, he's the one with the "Dr. Feelgood backpatch". Ok, let me break this down...

1. I've been in this community since I was 12 too.
2. Well that pretty much says it all and proves my point about you being a total poser meathead.
3. Ooooohhhhh I'm so afraid of the Suicide Silence fan who thinks Dr. Feelgood is the best Motley Crue record.

Now you can say what you will, but I think most of the people on here know I'm a pretty cool and nice guy. I have no problem with people who have different opinions or beliefs than me, but to pick a fight over it? Yeah this jerk can F.O.A.D.

Feel free to leave comments and opinions...

P.S. If you're one of those people who are gonna say, "If you don't like Suicide Silence, why did you post it in the first place?", don't. I posted it to voice my opinion, so there's your answer.

R.J.'s picture

Sounds like you have pretty solid proof that this guy actually intends to harm you, especially since he's made it known that he can personally identify you. Even worse for him, since you are a minor.

joecubbie's picture

Well he just so happens to live in Chicago. Whatever. I'm not gonna let this clown stop me from going to shows and having a good time and I'm not gonna go out of my way to pick a fight either. If he does see me though and tries to do something stupid, I'll teach him "a lesson in violence" he won't forget. He can underestimate me all I want because I'm a "stupid minor" who's "not as metal as him", but little does he know.

ThrashMetal1982's picture

Picking up a fight? Threatening you through Facebook? LOL!
That dude is a fucking joke. Don't get me wrong, I get along with people, but these types of people who get butthurt over some singer who abandoned his wife and his kid and go drink? What a waste of time for me. Everyone has the freedom of speech, but sounds to me like this kid doesn't know anything.

joecubbie's picture

Thank you! Yet I'm the "asshole" for stating the truth. All these fucking Suicide Silence fans telling me how I wouldn't have the balls to say it to their face. Listen, I'm not afraid to fight anyone. But if I do fight anyone, I'm starting it and ending it. I'm not gonna go out of my way to confront a poser like this guy.

SHREDDER S47's picture

...I hope you're still going to see Slayer haha. Got any friends going with you?

joecubbie's picture

Lol there's a ton of people I know going and not to mention, my dad is going with me too hahaha. This guy is a total pussy. He's not gonna do shit except cry about how I triggered him and act like a tough guy over Facebook. I'm not gonna let some Suicide Silence listening, Dr. Feelgood loving poser jerk stop me from going to see Slayer. Btw, I love Motley Crue (all you have to do is go to my page to know that), but if someone claims to be a fan and say Dr. Feelgood is their "favorite record" of theirs, I have to question them.

SHREDDER S47's picture

Good deal. Sounds like you got things under control then.

joecubbie's picture

Absolutely. And if he did try to run up on me at the Slayer show or any show in the foreseeable future, it would be really stupid of him and prove my point about what a "tough guy" poser he is.

imfan1975's picture

This goes to show yet again that SS has one of the most cringeworthy fanbases...

joecubbie's picture

This also goes to show that TSS is home to only the truest of metalheads haha. I didn't comment what I said to be an asshole (even though many perceived it as such). I commented it to make a point.

bad_american1992's picture

Freedom of speech doesn't equal freedom from consequence... it sounds like your comment was intended to make people mad. Looks like it worked. Granted he's some tosser with internet tough guy syndrome (U wot m8?) but at the same psychos do exist in this great country. Just my 2 cents.

joecubbie's picture

Sure people got mad but those weren't my intentions at all. If it was to get people mad, I'd comment, "Lol it's a good thing Mitch Lucker is dead because he sucked and was emo." I based my comment off of fact (he was intoxicated while driving his motorcycle) and opinion (he should not be honored after showing such disregard for his family). This tough guy also said I had to "pay the consequences" by getting my ass kicked. Sorry, but I'm not gonna "pay the consequences" for an opinion I have.

Plague's picture

That dude has issues if he gets so blown up about a comment he doesnt like. I think we should all join that forum and drown him in pissy comments about SS. Maybe he'll have a breakdown!!! LOL. Glad u stood ur ground, Cubbie!!! HAILS.

joecubbie's picture

Hahaha thanks Plague!

Frozen Fire's picture

I mean saying that about a dead guy that people loved is kinda shitty but I understand you don't like the guy, what he did. I never was into the band myself either.
But as you can post what you want, people can respond what they want (though threats are not good).

joecubbie's picture

It's not a matter of me liking the guy or not. It just pisses me off that the guy had a 5 year old daughter and did what he did. Not only that, but the fact that he beat up his own wife before going out that night. I really hope for her sake she didn't have to see that. Also, like I said, I have no problem with people going against what I say or believe. I do have a problem though about a person threatening me over 1 unpopular opinion.

Frozen Fire's picture

Yeah, I get that. There's definitely no excuse for going out to drive drunk, especially when his wife begged him not to go (didn't know he beat her?).

joecubbie's picture

I recall hearing her admit that he abused her yet she still loved him and the reason he did it was because he was an alcoholic and that the "fame got to his head". That's still not an excuse. Yeah she begged him not to go out and he hit her to get away or at least that's what was reported. I have yet to hear anyone come out and say that story is false nearly 5 years later.

joecubbie's picture

Well sadly I deleted the comment but people did see what he posted publicly and even the people who were against what I said were pretty surprised. I still have 1 screenshot of his initial message but then I blocked him.

Nater90's picture

Hahahahaha what a butthurt loser.

Well, Yes what you posted is harsh being that he's dead, But at the same time it's actually true, Mitch made a dumb call and got what was coming, Makes you think how many people do it and get away with it law wise and life wise.

All boils down to your personal opinion, You don't like them so post your opinion on it so 100% supporting you for your personal belief, As a human being we decide what we like and dislike, We all have different tastes here, But come to a common ground and discuss stuff, It's why I post here and not on other forums.

As for the guy challenging you and wanting to fight, He's just pathetic for wanting to fight you, He's a grown man wanting to fight a seventeen year old? What a dead set knob!

joecubbie's picture

Lol well what can I say? The truth hurts. I'm still pissed Scott Weiland went out the way he did but he had it coming.

Metalmate's picture

Who's Suicidal Silence? Seriously never heard of. Will check it out.

joecubbie's picture

Good luck...

Metalmate's picture

Ok I just checked it out their video "You only live Once" It's slammy and thrashy and the video is awesome!! Not too fond of his way of singing but it has pretty decent moments actually 0.55 / 1.35 / 2.10. They seem to take the piss out of an emo dude funny enough. So this is mainstream over there? hahaha try listening to Eagles Of Death Metal hahahaha

SHREDDER S47's picture

I'm confused as to how an older dude can even like scene kid music when he had the opportunity to grow up listening to the old stuff lol

joecubbie's picture

Well he's not that much older lol. Maybe 25 at best. Still, he's making threats towards a minor over a dead emo singer. Pretty pathetic.

Yoschi29's picture

To be honest I wouldn't care about this guy. There are trolls all around the Internet and I bet he would never have the balls to do anything to you in rl. So don't care about it and enjoy the show! \m/
But I find it a little bit ridiculous to say "Now I don't like big metal bands anymore blabla", sure there are bands with a crowd that's really shitty but if you like the music, just enjoy it!

joecubbie's picture

I never said that lol. I still enjoy the big metal bands, I'm just done with their tough guy fan bases.

kereealazer's picture

-_- first off your comments about Mitch Lucker are fine. Fans can be as pissed and sad but you know what there's a lot of people who don't like the bad. You are welcome to your own opinion. Pretty stupid for a guy to try to pick a fight with a kid over the internet. He won't do shit just know you are the bigger man.

PForx's picture

Too drunk right now to be assed to read the whole post, but I disagree with using "queer" as an insult.

joecubbie's picture

Understood as many take offense to it. I probably could have used a better word there.

nwobhmbanger's picture

All that time spent typing all of that garbage could've been used for something else more productive. You wasted your time and energy arguing with a random stranger online about insignificant bullshit. Take it as a lesson and move on.

You aren't achieving anything by keeping the shitstorm going. You are just putting yourself on the edge, when there is no reason to do so.

joecubbie's picture

Actually, I only responded to this guy when he started private messaging me threats. Had that not happened, I would've never responded back to him or make this post.

nwobhmbanger's picture

Well, I would've just blocked him and ignored it. Most people online are a bunch of cowards, but they make empty threats all the time to compensate for their pathetic lives. I'm being honest when I say that you got better things to do than waste time on Internet arguments. I've been there before, and it's quite ugly. Still can't fathom all the people wasting time on YouTube comments.

At some point, you just have to draw the line and stop giving a fuck what other people think. Let them live in ignorance. Unless they come up to your face, you shouldn't worry about it!

Heinz's picture

I'm with you, Joe...got no time for drama queens like that dude. Fuck that.

oldmate's picture

ok.. firstly I am old so I had to fucking Google F.O.A.D. cause I did not know what it was

2nd - I really dont like the SS style of music, it not my cup of tea as they say, but to call it " inferior music " is a little childish. What makes it " inferior music " ? the fact that you dont like it ? I think as long as it makes people happy and there are people that enjoy it then thats a good thing. I also love lots of grindcore and nosiecore music is that " inferior music " also ?

3rd - the guy who wants to fight you is a idiot. People like that cant be reasoned with and your best of just ignoring it and him. these types of people are everywhere. Does not matter what music you like, you will find these people in every scene. Just sleep well knowing your a better person than him

4th - I laughed my ass off when you said " I don't know what's more sad, the fact that this is a supposed grown man who wanted to fight a 17 year old for saying something he didn't like, or the fact that this is a supposed grown man who listens to Suicide Silence."

5th - I think Dr Feelgood is their best album !!

6th - does not matter if your been into metal for 1 year or 30.. everyone is equal. I hate them old timers who think they are more metal cause they have been around longer than the newer people. thats just fucking dumb. Without new blood there would be no metal and that would suck. its all you young kids that are keeping the scene alive. Not just hte old dudes at the bar taking about the "good old days" - check out this.. its sums it up perfectly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y24MmylTeY4

over all I would just block him and ignored it.

if you got this far sweet!

On a side note - I have been to Chicago, its an amazing place. A wonderful city. I was there only for 2 days.. but I smashed hte food like there was no tomorrow!! Amazing food. What is your fav pizza there ?

NocturnalOccultist's picture

I bet that "poser" slits his writs and worship emo shit all day

KevinReynolds1223's picture

Don't worry about this asshole he's seems all talk but no action, he's probably a 45 year old keyboard warrior that still lives with mommy and has to threaten a 17 year olds just to get his kicks and giggles. To me if i were you i'd report his ass to the police for harassment if he continues this shit

Piss's picture

Totally over-the-top reaction, but you did behave like an edgy badass. Yes, metal is supposedly "extreme music for extreme people" and while a majority of "poser mainstream" metalheads are either sheepish or indifferent in reality, there are still those (usually with a mental age of 17 or under) who are willing to punch on for shit like this. It just goes to show that there are occasions in which you WILL get pulled up for conduct on the internet.

Regardless, why are you asking this board for opinions? If you go to the show and you see him, and he recognises you (not sure about those chances) then be a man and stand behind your opinion if he confronts you. He may end up looking like the bigger child out of you both.

576,976 items in the gallery, 883,644 comments, and 659 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments