TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

What Is Your Favorite Beer? \m/ Metal's Ultimate Drink \m/

SHREDDER S47
Mon, 11/01/2016 - 23:01

Since we are all metalheads, it is safe to say that the vast majority of us have a taste for beer! I can't think of a single thing I like to do more than pound down a few of the greatest tasting beverage known to man, and listen to metal. Well... except MAYBE sex. There are so many styles and brands of beer these days. lagers, ales, stouts, pilsners, pales, red ales, etc. Why does this glorious beverage blend so perfectly with our music? Some would say because of heavy metal and beer's common European origin. So I want to ask all you beer lovers out there, what are some of your favorite brews?!

I personally enjoy nice and heavy dark ales, lagers, and stouts, etc.. I don't drink light beer because I hate the watery taste. Living in America, I don't have full access to the better European beers that I would rather be drinking, but when I buy beer, I'm always getting Sam Adams, Guinness, Bass, Shiner Bock, Smithwicks, and whatever other tasty brews I manage to come across in any given local shop.

judascrust's picture

I'll drink anything, but newcastle brown ale is probably my favorite. If i dont get that then we usually have some variety of Sam adams, red hook or long trail ales. Shipyard pumpkinhead is a favorite of mine when its out in the fall.
I buy good stuff for home but if I'm at a bar or a show or something I'll drink budweiser or coors or whatevers cheap

SHREDDER S47's picture

I agree on the budweiser at shows. It's not my taste, but when venues skyrocket their beverage prices, I'm perfectly fine with a Budweiser. Coors is a decent cheap beer as well. Maybe even better than Budweiser. My nickname for coors is a "yellow hammer" lol

MasterDeath's picture

I'm not picky, as long it's a cold one!
Some of my favorites are Pauwel Kwak, Duvel, Paulaner Salvator (any Paulaner to be exact), any Benediktiner, any Augustiner...
Dark, ^alcohol, hefe... BEER BEER BEER BEER

ZAKRAT's picture

Duvel is great!
But what i usually drink is lager, mostly Bavaria, but ill drink almost any beer :-)
Also good i a nice icecold cider Thatchers Gold

Hárbarðr's picture

Damn, i'd really like to try an Augustiner, never seen one for sale here.

Bayernpirat's picture

HELL YESS - AUGUSTINER IS THE STUFF

Stronthor's picture

Good call on the Salvator, that one used to be my favorite for a very long time! Come to think of it, it's been a while since I've had one... Gotta get that fixed soon.

19Philthy16's picture

+1 for Augustiner! Edelstoff is one of my alltime favourites!

Yoschi29's picture

I like nearly every beer except of the really crappy cheap ones here in Germany that are sold in plastic bottles. But yeah as MasterDeath said: If it's cold and tastes like beer I enjoy it.
My favorite is nevertheless from the brewery here in south-western Germany that belongs to the country: Rothaus Tannenzäpfle. Tannenzapfen are those things that trees with needles have as "fruits" and the beer is a little bit over the average price but I love it. Funny thing is, my best friend also does. :D

wolfskrieger's picture

No beer for me. I like to drink whiskey just like water.

Nater90's picture

I'm not much of a beer drinker, I prefer a aged Whiskey, Scotch, or Brandy.

Rum is also good.

But I am a Stout fan, I would happily blow the froth off a few Guinness'

Steelforce97's picture

2 mexican beers: Victoria and Leon.
1 german beer: Erdinger.

Yoschi29's picture

Haha Erdinger is one of the most commercial ones here. If you like it you have to try out some others. :D

Steelforce97's picture

Haha sure is, but here in Mexico i have no idea where to buy more german beer :(

Regd's picture

Belgian beer supremacy. Only Gulden Draak.

MasterDeath's picture

Nothing special but it's tasty of course. Pretty expensive beer. I drank 0,75L bottle few weeks ago and I was buying 0,33L ones about 6-8 years ago when they were in stores for 2€, now they're around 5€.
I absolutely agree with ya about the Belgian beers! One beer better than the another, and all are great. Belgian and German beers are top-notch

Regd's picture

Just last weekend I left 50 € at the bar, spent it on belgian beer of course. Gulden Draak just happens to be my favourite.

Chainbreaker's picture

Hell yeah Gulden Draak! Excellent taste, man! Also Mc Chouffe, Cuvee des Trolls, Karmeliet, Duvel, Westmalle, Ciney, Chimay,...

Regd's picture

All of those are great, I recommend Celis White, you should try it, it's one of my favourites aswell. P.S. Pour a 0,5 of Celis White and put a piece of lime in there. I'd like to know if you liked it later.

Chainbreaker's picture

Will definitively give it a try. Thanks for the advice!

BeefCakeAssThrash's picture

Cheap stuff, expensive stuff.. I'll drink anything! All beer is beautiful.. except for the alcoholfree ones, that is.

Skullfucking Armageddon's picture

Only Hansa Pils, Adelskrone, Paderborner and Turmbräu! :v

MasterDeath's picture

Hansa is a cheap but a good beer. Gotta love 'em all!

DisgustingSemla's picture

Big fan of different craft beers, but from the bigger breweries I'd say Krusovice Cerne,

Jaybe666's picture

wheat beer: Maisel's Weisse, Hacker P'schorr Hefe Weisse, Kösslarn Ur-Weisse, Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse, Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weisse, Schneider Weisse...
Zipfer, Wieslburger, Augustiner, Tegernseer, Freistädter

MasterDeath's picture

Hacker P'schorr is really good!

Jaybe666's picture

hell yeah

Hárbarðr's picture

Schneider Weisse is really nice as well!

Edit: several months later, I tried Weihenstephaner Kellerbier, absolutely superb!

SAATANANVITTU's picture

The best beer I ever tasted: Samuel Smith's organic chocolate stout. A truly different experience. Something to enjoy with good music, really savour the taste and not to get drunk on.

On the note of what's my favourite affordable and easily accessible beer: Amstel, Jupiler, Karjala, any standard not-too-expensive beer basically. But I'll drink anything!

while we're on the subject... when are we gonna get nice and hammered again?

SAATANANVITTU's picture

Well your birthday is upcoming... and I guess we should celebrate that (and carnaval!)?

Nater90's picture

Oh you two ;)

alla2465's picture

Well, don't forget that the whole crew needs to get hammered next month... Man, I really miss you guys haha

owyeah :D

Antonio's picture

I usually drink Augustiner Helles on draught, in my favourite pub.

cambotero's picture

Xibeca, Voll-Damm, Grolsch.

sandmanforce's picture

I prefered the czech beers. My favourite is Gambrinus. Another fav, the austrian schwechater.

Jaybe666's picture

schwechater is very cheap and a lot of people don't like it, but I think it's not that bad
I always have Schwechater or Ottakringer in my fridge, kind of my standard equipment :P

judascrust's picture

a few others I've tried and enjoyed a lot:
la fin du monde
wells banana bread beer - very tasty!!!
Samuel smiths oatmeal stout

wolfskrieger's picture

Tankard is the only band I will drink beer with.

Razmachine's picture

Hobglobin and The Trooper are my absolute favorites. But I mostly drink regular lager since that's the one available usually.

alla2465's picture

Best beer I have had? Hmmmm, this one is hard, but if there is one beer, that I never get "tired of" is Tuborg Classic.To pick a favorite beer is really hard.. So I will just leave it at that I guess

Heinz's picture

I'm a fan of ales myself. One of the coolest ones was something available back in the late 90s; Sam Adams Triple Bock. It was more a wine or even a liqueur than a beer, made to be sipped from a brandy or wine glass, room temp. Not carbonated. Can't get that any more :(

Lyx's picture

Naabecker, Eichhofener and the all time classic Augustiner

stefke's picture

JUPILER!

Hárbarðr's picture

Don't know which is the best i've ever had, but i quite like Hertog Jan tripel and Grand Prestige, Maredsous tripel, many from Kunstmann and Kross, and La Chouffe. Oh, and for this time of the year, Pilsner Urquell is a perfect thirst-quencher!

KamikazeKris's picture

Awww yeah. Definitely Grand Prestige. If you ever have the chance. Visit the Hertog Jan brewery. They have you sample Grand Prestige at most of the stages of brewing. And in the end you get a nice glass from their vaults. As it turns out. GP gets a sort of wine like quality when it gets older. Absolutely brilliant.

Hárbarðr's picture

That sounds great, thanks for the tip, i shall do it whenever i get my ass up there.

Kathulex's picture

Tomislav and Lowenbrau because they are cheap and available. However, my favorite beer is Judas but that one is pretty rare. Never saw it outside of Spain.

Kastelan's picture

Why not "Pivo" beer or "Deep" beer?

hateandwhiskey's picture

Free beer is always the best regardless of brand or temperature. Always enjoy a cold PBR, but my money lately has been on Natty Daddy 25oz cans for 99 cents. 8% alcohol. Was drinking Steel Reserve at 8.1%alc but the Natty Daddy's got the extra ounce. I'm looking forward to Trooper becoming more accessable. Really like BADASS lager when I'm feeling wealthy.

Attle's picture

Wheat beer

GREXUMER's picture

Mexican: Modelo, Indio, Bohemia.
American: Miller Lite and Pabst Blue Ribbon.
German: Franziskaner

19Philthy16's picture

If you have a chance, try Beer from the Ruhrpott Area: Moritz Fiege, Brinkhoff's No.1, Schlegel or even Königs Pilsener! Can recommend them all! God, now I'm thirsty!^^

19Philthy16's picture

One Beer I'll never forget is Schlenkerla Rauchbier from Bamberg. Bought a bottle in local store, as I was trying every beer they had. I asked the shopowner if he had any recommendations, and he gave me this one and just said: It tastes like bacon! He also said, I should buy two bottles at least. The first sips tastes really weird, but if you finish it, you defenitly want more: And he was right! One of the most amazing beer I ever drank!
Totally worth a try! I was even told from a friend in the states, that some special stores have it!

Hárbarðr's picture

Hell yes, Schlenkerla Rauchbier!! they sell it from time to time in a small beer shop near my house, really good stuff!!

An Overdose Of Mkultra's picture

Mainly Heineken (I don't have access to the finer beers), but I did like Trooper quite a bit.

KamikazeKris's picture

There is actually not much wrong with import Heineken. A bit bland but still okay. Don't ever try the one they sell in the Netherlands themselves though. Unless you like everlasting headaches and stomach ache that is ;).

Moonbeam Monkey's picture

Red Stripe any day. It's cheap, it's tasty and it gets you pissed quick. ticks all the boxes!

Stormblast's picture

I'm not that much of a beer drinker, but if, I mostly drink Gaildorfer Spezial.

Quickalex90's picture

I love Guiness and Warsteiner the best

SHREDDER S47's picture

Holy fuck this thread caught on. It's good to see all the quality beers being listed. SO many I've never heard of. I really want to try trooper. I have no clue whether or not it is available in my region

kereealazer's picture

If you can order from Bevmo.com they sell it. Major liquor store in California. It says you can ship on their website but don't know if they ship out of state.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Big fan of Guinness, Jack D, Makers Mark, Jim Beam + coke, Coffee and whiskey to :).
Any cold lager beer is works to.

Nater90's picture

I'm rather partial to Irishing up my coffee ;)

Mate of mine used to work at a coffee shop, Got asked at 9:00am by a customer with a hip-flask to put it in!

kereealazer's picture

BLUE MOON! Blue Moon Black Berry Tart Ale! Kona Big Wave, Schlitz, Grain Belt, Moosehead
Can't wait to try many more beers :D

Bert's picture

German beers are my favourite, mostly pils like Jever, Rothaus, Augustiner, Hopner, Furstenberg, Auerbräu, Andex, ecc.... even Paulaner and Bitburger were great in the past

longe666's picture

Rochefort 10, Black damnation, prearis quadrupel, Chimay Blue, Augustijn, ...... Mostly dark Belgian Beers.

slaytanicarmy666's picture

I love alot of different beers, but i dont care for budweiser. I usually drink labatt blue or molson canadian. Other favorites are Newcastle Brown Ale, Sam Adams octoberfest, Coors banquet, and Stroh's.

Claudandus's picture

Local and cheap brews mostly. Småland, Åbro Export, Fagerhult and the likes.
But if the economy allows it I'm more of a stout guy.

grime81's picture

im a cider drinker!

BuriedUnderAFuckingMoon's picture

Eh, i like mostly everything except mexican beer but if i had to choose my favourit would be a tuborg :3

Pommesgabel666's picture

I hate beer! Taste like shit! I drink Whiskey - Cola

nwobhmbanger's picture

Alcoholic beverages can fuck off. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing an intoxicated bitch ruining all the fun.

butcheredalive's picture

I like pretty much any beer except IPA’s and Corona Familiar, though Modelo is my favorite

SILVERGHOST's picture

Jupiler all the time
Otherwise I am wine taster , especially Italian red wine
Absolute no go Maes and Heineken , taste like cat piss

bad_american1992's picture

Weihenstephaner is the only "Wei" to go!

Thane's picture

Fuck beer... all of it tastes bad. Rum, Whiskey, and Vodka are the way to go. Especially mixed in with Cola or Dr. Pepper. Smooth and a quick buzz

MetalBrewer's picture

I'm from a brewery town, so I'm a fan of our local beers - Bass and Pedigree!
I'll try any beer once, especially when I'm abroad, try what the locals drinks, etc.

UnsafeAtAnySpeed's picture

Favorite: Probably Löwenbräu, 1664, Falcon and Norrlands Guld.

What i usually buy: This shit, because it's the cheapest beer you can get at the Swedish liquor store, if you don't want to go to the regular grocery store which only sells 3,5 proof beer at the highest.

sandmanforce's picture

All Czech stuff :) plus Hungarian Palinka

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments