TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

what got you into Heavy metal?

RattleHead94
Sat, 07/12/2013 - 18:13

What got you into Heavy Metal?

joecubbie's picture

Been listening to it in some form my whole life. Mom got me into Zeppelin and Queen when I was about 3-4 and Dad played Van Halen, Thin Lizzy, BOC, etc. all throughout kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade. The summer between 3rd and 4th grade I discovered Rush through my mom's record collection (A Farewell to Kings) and the rest is history :D.

Metal Panther 54's picture

When I was about 10, my mom and step dad just got married and me and my one cousin hung out a lot. He showed me the videos for We're Not Gonna Take It and I Wanna Rock, along with Ozzy's Live at Budokan DVD. It got me hooked instanlly, but I forgot about it for a bit and when I was 13-14, I got back into Twisted Sister and my friend got me into everything like Maiden, Metallica, and Slayer to Scar Symmetry, Cannibal Corpse, and Fear Factory. And basically the rest is history.

bad_american1992's picture

My dad put on We Will Rock You by Queen when I was 5, and hearing that guitar solo for the first time was pure magic. Heard some Megadeth in a Bill and Ted Movie, and then it was all downhill from there!

Nater90's picture

My parents used to play Kiss,Queen,Pseudo Echo, AC/DC etc in the car which I thought was pretty cool then once I was started to get some decent cash flow I started to get all different kinds of stuff, I just kept exploring a few different styles of similar bands I knew and talked to mates and posted on another forum I go on what I like and what others like and just looked deeper also kept reading about all different styles and techniques and watched some documentaries, and time to time just grab some random CDs of band names that sounded cool and just cranked it.

PolishMetalHeadBanger's picture

My dad would play Helloween, Metallica, Iron Maiden or even Death when I was like 6 or 7 for me. That's how I was infected ;p. Ahh i remember singing "Born Dead" or "Master of Puppets" at the age of 8 :D

Metalmate's picture

just wow :)

judascrust's picture

If my kids get into metal they're going to be able to say the same thing, I play my music with them in the car, they call it my "crazy music" haha my 3 year old daughter asked, when I had an eyehategod cd in the car, if the singer was a zombie lol
But yeah theyll get brownie points if they grow up to be metalheads, "yeah my dad used to play eyehategod and misfits and bathory when I was 3" haha

Highlander's picture

When I was 12 i had KERRANG music channel on for some reason, I think it was by accident. Anyway, Iron Maiden was on playing Run to the Hills at Rock in Rio. The guitar solo came and Dave Murray was just... Raping his guitar! I NEEDED that song. I Needed iron maiden! Went out and bought Edward the Great and listened to it a million times. Met some fellow metal mates in school and it bloomed from there.

DeathRipper's picture

I was 12 and I heard Motorhead's Ace of Spades.

J.j. Ratte's picture

Man I really don´t know anymore. I think it all started playing old video games when i first heared metal music (instrumental shit) I remember the soundtrack of Doom (it's not actually metal btw, but it sounded awesome) Also remember i had a race game with instrumental shit from Steve Vai and Joe Satrianie. But to be honest, my older sisters took me to local gigs with them. Into metal since 1998 now.

Judas Priestess's picture

Actually a lot of the songs from Doom were inspired by real metal and grunge songs, watch this :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H3BB2gKKeY

J.j. Ratte's picture

AAAAHHH nice, thanks for sharing, never knew this :D cool! now I understand haha!

FredManimal's picture

haha, I was playing Need for Speed Underground and there was the song "The Only" by Static-X in the soundtrack, which I instantly loved. I got the album and started to listen to extremer stuff shortly after.

cambotero's picture

I Was playing GTA Vice City and Tesla, Twisted sister, ,Megadeth and Anthrax drived me insane with those songs while running out from the cops. and then everything started to me.

Speed or Bleed's picture

Haha yeah!

oldschoolbear's picture

jajajaja Tenia 11 cuando jugué esa mierda, definitivamente V-Rock fue una influencia.

LikkedbyDeath's picture

You too? :D
How old were you? I really dug the Twisted Sister back then.

cambotero's picture

I was 12 years when it came out arround 2003 or so :)

Nater90's picture

Vice City has some many awesome songs! I remembering hearing the intro riff to Slayer's - Raining Blood and thought to myself I'll learn that one day! Still haven't because I suck at guitar, So I just air-guitar and sing when I crank it instead.

kimo's picture

I originally got into punk through The Sex Pistols, but it was so hard to get a hold of any punk stuff around where I lived, so I started listening to metal as an alternative. Iron Maiden, Killers was the first album that really hooked me in then I saw Twisted Sister in 1985 and It changed my life, not just the music but the whole metal community type of thing. Started going to local gigs in 1986, the first being a Mortal Sin gig.

Lulxi's picture

My dad left me alone with Nightwish - Oceanborn when I was around 5 years old.

LikkedbyDeath's picture

Half of it was V-Rock on GTA Vice City when I was a youngin' and the other half was Eluveitie/Ensiferum a few years later.

metal_thrashing_dad's picture

The sight of Rob Halford on the cover of "Unleashed in the East"!!!

skogen's picture

My father.

PForx's picture

Seems like it was a conspiracy between my dad and one of my uncles to get me into metal when I was 9-10 years old... then it escalated from there. Guitar Hero 3 introduced me to a lot of bands, some of which I still listen to. Metal is also a great release for anger and other negative feelings, and really helped me as a frustrated teenager when I didn't have any real friends, so it just became a natural connection.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

Van Halen made me realize how good rock was, so I further went into it and vola

trollhammaren666's picture

NIN and System of a Down in grade 7 and then I wanted to hear something heavier which was when my cousin introduced me to SYL, Wintersun, CoB and In Flames (2004-2005 roughly)

Morbid_Welshman's picture

It all started for me as a kid, when I used to borrow my Dad's tapes (Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Queen, Guns N' Roses, Motörhead, etc) and I used to watch the videos on MTV (Before it became 99% crap) and I discovered different and heavier bands as I got older. While everyone in School would be listening to the usual Pop crap we all have to put up with, I was quite happy to sit alone with my Walkman :)

deth's picture

I remember It was the 8th grade, and I heard into the void by black sabbath for the first time. I have been hooked ever since. Eventually, Black Sabbath's beautiful music made me start playing guitar, because of Tony's amazing skill and Sabbath's unique, amazing sound. I've been going heavier and heavier ever since. I love metal, guitar, and sabbath still very very much, especially sabbath lol

judascrust's picture

Bands like metallica, pantera, korn, marilyn manson, rage against the machine, limp bizkit, etc. were big with kids into rock music when I went to school in the 90's, of course grunge was still big; I always gravitated more towards rock music and my friends were all into that stuff.... when I started really getting into music & buying albums in the late 90's/early 2000's it was metallica that really helped me get the ball rolling as far as finding new bands, because the metallica guys always wore misfits & motorhead & venom shirts in pictures I got into those bands too... also when I heard the cannibal corpse song "hammer smashed face" from the ace ventura movie, that really got me interested in more extreme stuff, had a couple friends in high school that liked corpse too so we always went to local record stores looking for more stuff like that.... that was pretty much it for me, I didn't grow up with metal, my dad had zeppelin and Hendrix and the stones and beatles albums but didn't really play them around the house much, and my mother always listened to oldies, the big hit songs from 60's & 70's that she grew up with so I kinda just found metal on my own and took off from there.

Oldschool's picture

Guitar hero... just haha
other rock bands I got to know by my dad
other metal bands by friends

Jolty's picture

Discovered AC/DC, Metallica, etc. when I was 11 from friends. When I was 12 I downloaded Audiogalaxy Satellite and went on a quest to find music "heavier than Slipknot". Ended up with a bunch of black metal. Then I heard Death and Obituary on Much Loud in like 2000 or 2001 I think.

In my 12-year-old brain, my reaction to Obituary - Don't Care was "I bet this is what sex feels like."

Metalmate's picture

That just made me laugh out loud thanks!!

SHREDDER S47's picture

around the time I was 8 or 9, I started watching The Osbournes on tv. My mom bought me the Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads tribute album. I went down the path and havnt returned since....

Faber's picture

Mainly my dad, with Slade, Golden Earring and stuff. Then I could lend Iced Earth's Horrorshow from a friend. Although I only liked Damien back then, I copied the cd immediately. The rest is history.

Cannibal Lecter's picture

Growing up with divorced parents I had to spend every other weekend with my dad, who at the time worked in the rodeo business so I traveled with him a lot. During certain events like bull riding or bronc bustin they would play music like Ozzy's "Crazy Train", various AC/DC tunes, and Quiet Riot "Cum On Feel The Noize". Instantly loved it but I was only 7 or 8 so I had no way of finding out who these bands were. When I was about 11 my mom started dating this biker guy, I remember when I met him for the first time he was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt that scared the fuck out of me. Over the past 10 years they've been dating and last year got married! He introduced me to metal giving me CDs, tapes, showing me old Headbangers Ball vhs' and taking me to shows. Fuck I'm more comfortable being around him more than I am my biological dad. Anyways, my dad(step dad) got me started in the early years, then I took off on my own and became what I am today ;)

ZAKRAT's picture

Hahaha by borrowing/stealing the cd's of the older brother of a mate of mine :P and maybe it came from my parents a bit who where always listening to CCR, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top and such.

Antonio's picture

Just for curiosity I bought AC/DC's Back In Black in 1980 and the madness began...... :)

Doktor Kananga's picture

I was 6 years old.
Couldn´t resist Kiss Make-Up and Killers record cover.....
Now that´s what a young kid really impresses!
;-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Turkey-man's picture

Life.

Greaserjlg's picture

Metallica-The Black Album when I was 4 years old in my dads old Jeep. Only the radio and cassette player worked.

Necro Rican's picture

When i was 10 i listened the song Turbo Lover on Gran Turismo 3. Then later i thought metal was satanic and all that crap. Between at age 11-14 i was into that reggaeton shit and i was big into Daddy Yankee and other reggaetoneros. When i began to play Need For Speed Underground 2 I listened Mudvayne's Determined and i thought it was the most extreme song ever heard. But all that changed when i went to Hot Topic (In PR we have too) and i listened to Behemoth, The Black Dahlia Murder and Cannibal Corpse and at that time i had no idea those bands were until i listened to those same songs years later on youtube. At first I was frightened at the vocals but i later appreciated little by little slowly until i was a high school senior. In that store, i discovered AC/DC and Led Zeppelin by the way of merch but i didn't listen to them and the first band i thought it sounded extreme until i listened the local radio and i was wrong but i enyoyed it a song cant i remember now. I discovered Maiden and Metallica through their merch but i listened to them while playing Guitar Hero 3 and also through that game i discovered Slayer, ZZ Top, The Sex Pistols, In Flames, Lacuna Coil, Killswitch Engage, Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper. At 16 i was into jrock like Dir en grey, Girugamesh, alternative like Paramore and core like Bullet For My Valentine. In that period, i was still afraid of extreme generes and bands with anti-crhistian and satanic lyrics so i was an otaku then so I listened less metal and more anime and Japanese music than metal so my journey was very slow as a result. At 17-18, i started to get into many folk/pagan metal bands while I was reading Metal Hammer and Revolver magazines. Some of them are Turisas, Moonsorrow and Eluveitie. Also in Revolver and Decibel i discovered Pantera and Devildriver. Finally at 18 i started to get into Sepultura, Kreator, Sarcofago, Emperor and other bands by the way of downloading music and symphonic metal like nightwish and epica.

Resuming, when i was a kid, i was a total stranger to metal and hard rock music in general cos reggaeton was soooooooo widespread and popular among other kids at that time so it was like shoving it on your throat (Sorry for my bad english). At 14, i unexpectedly discovered extreme metal but i was still an huge otaku and i didn't listened much until age 17 when I outgrown that phase and started for real getting into extreme metal to this day.

SHREDDER S47's picture

Had a few albums bought for me when I was very young. Ozzy's Randy Rhoads Tribute live album, AC/DC's Back In Black, a KISS compilation, Van Halen's first album, and maybe one or two more. Some years later, I got into Sabbath which is what really got things going. Began listening to Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc.

Metalmate's picture

I once pressed record (because I could and I had a cassette player Hell Yeah!) and went to have supper with my sis and parents.
When I replayed it there was some pop music on it (Paul Simon) but towards the end of the tape I heard three very different songs. I accidentally recorded part of a heavy metal show called "Vara's Vuurwerk" (Radiostation's name Firework.) It was Sacred Reich-The American Way/Vulture-Kicks From Both Sides Chroming Rose-Garden Of Eden and I believe just the intro for Sepultura's Arise. I couldn't believe what I was hearing I kept playing it over and over. Somehow I had to figure out how to get more of this !! I didn't know what it was called or where to get it. Then my cousin heard me play the tape and he offered me to tape some of his Iron Maiden records... And now now I am on TSS

Cheezyname's picture

My dad got me into bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motörhead and some of the older stuff. My brother got me into some of the more modern and alternative stuff.

I also used to play alot of Guitar Hero back in the days which got me into all kinds of metal.

Lef_Deppard's picture

1. my father with mainly AC/DC but also Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, Queen, Supertramp ...
2. my uncle mainly with Def Leppard and some of my fathers friends with bands like Accept, Krokus, Judas Priest, ...
3. my god-given good taste in music itself :D

GREXUMER's picture

When I was 10, I was a little girly kid who used to enjoy the teen soap operas and stuff. Then, one uncle gave me the Encarta of that year (2002) and I was searching info about different styles of music, then I read the words "HEAVY METAL" and I was really curious. The first Metal song I've ever heard was Refuse/Resist from Sepultura (that one was an example of Heavy Metal music), followed by Los Rockeros Van Al Infierno from Barón Rojo. But then I did not pay attention to it. I kept listening to shitty music (because my environment was full of it).

When I started 8th grade, I met two guys who listened to Metal... that time was the first time Judas Priest arrived to my city with Rob Halford as a frontman. I began listening the mainstream bands such as Rammstein, SOAD, Metallica, etc. On those years, my mom signed to have cable TV and I started to watch VH1. There was a documentary called "HEAVY: The history of Metal". In my early teen years, watching that was mindblowing. I didn't know there was a world full of it. Sabbath, Zeppelin, Priest, Maiden, Ratt, Dio, Metallica, Slayer, etc... At that time I began playing Vice City (GTA) by listening V Rock station (Ozzy, Priest, Anthrax, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, Crüe, etc.) On 9th grade my life changed the first time I listened to this song:

RUN TO THE HILLS - IRON MAIDEN

That was the most epic song I'd heard so far! I wanted to know more and more and more. Then, I entered to High School and a dude introduced me to other bands (Sodom, Angeles del Infierno, Deep Purple, Testament, Deicide, Blind Guardian, etc.) Next year (2008), I bought Number Of The Beast album actually. Then, I began buying Metal merchandise (t-shirts, pins, patches, albums, etc.) My first concert was Judas Priest with Testament and, since that day, I knew that Heavy Metal world is MY world.

The rest was yet to come...

SaTaNiC TyRaNT WeReWoLF666's picture

when i was about 4 or 5 years old my mom well she listen to all kinds of music to metal to techno old skool rap hip hop
i wasn't in to rock nor music at the time but when she played rock/metal music it was AC/DC Metallica the cult motley crue
Judas priest the music annoyed me until i reach the age 12 years old in 2003 when whole skater scene took hold of me i first listened to
bands that most metalheads would despise like likin park limb bizkit korn system of a down until Ozzy came in to my life when first heard crazy train play on the radio i lost my mind and over mountain demon alcohol then slayer iron maiden dio then when i hit 15-16 well same thing some shitty bands like cof and new dimmu borgir until 17 -18 i discovered bathory hellhammer celtic frost mayhem darkthrone enthroned burzum amon amarth reavan cult immortal emperor isengard ect ect

Hárbarðr's picture

Before metal i did not listen to nor like any music at all. Then, a friend showed me The Number of the Beast, and i couldn't believe how aggressive and great it was! Then we, a couple more friends and my brother started to find and recommend bands to each other, and get deeper and deeper into it.

imfan1975's picture

Well I have only been into it about a year but around then I used to hang with a group of kids at my school who liked rock, classic rock and they even had their own band ( which fucking sucked) but after a while I realized they were a bunch of dickheads- left them and their group too. So after a while I looked up Iron Maiden because one of the kids in the group mentioned them to me before I left so I delved further into their material and metal in general hence where I am now. This is an interesting question though, because it is fun to hear others' stories of how they got into it.

Chainbreaker's picture

A classmate made a tape (yes I'm that old:-D) from a live bootleg he owned of Metallica called " Argentina Grita". Never was into music up to that point. Nothing could interest me. But when I heard that tape everything changed. First album I bought after that experience was A Real Dead One by Iron Maiden. Never stopped listening to metal ever since.

Croby's picture

got to give the credits for that to my uncle, naturally he had tons of cd's and I was pretty fascinated as a kid of 8-9 by his collection. I started digging up and the first thing I stumbled upon was Thin Lizzy's Wild One (The best of comp.) and I immediately fell in love with this particular band and that kind of music. AC/DC, Sabbath, Purple all followed naturally. So yeah, traditional hard rock/heavy metal is what you'd call my primary genre, still love all those bands even today. I started listening to thrash when I was 14, and got into death metal more heavily when I was around 17.

NocturnalOccultist's picture

Lots of MTV/Music TV shows, Youtube and V ROCK!

19Philthy16's picture

When I was seven or eight, I got a Tape from a friends older brother, mainly Wrestling-intros, totally 90's stuff. There was one song, which really exited me at that time. A couple of years ago I figured out it was Megadeth's - Crush Em. This was the first, well kinda, metal related song I ever heard. The first ablum I got, was Chocolate Starfish from Limp Bizkit. In the early 2000's I got a Mp3 CD from a friend of my brothers'. Funny to see the development from tape to mp3^^. Anyway, it had mostly Metallica and Finntroll on it. Still love them both. And I think Metallica's ...And justice for All and Finntrolls Jaktens Tid were the first records that put me under the influence! ^^

THMManiac's picture

being in elementary during the early 2000s we had these weird plastic pencil boxes. I saw this one kid in my class in 5th grade and he had one of these pencil cases but He had all these band logos drawn on it. which I later discovered were his sisters favourite bands, she was like 16 when we were 10. Anyways, I already knew some of the bands on it like White zombie , Korn, Marilyn manson and what not since I was born in 96 and was basically born around that Shit music, which at the time was just regular tunes for me. So I went home and secretly searched up all the other bands that year. Gwar, Satyricon, celtic frost, cannibal corpse, Slipknot. Thats when i realized that it was something really unique and special. Slipknot started the spark, I don't listen to them anymore but they started it all for me. there was a time Where I literally had no other merch except for Slipknot.. Now both that friend and his sister are loooong gone from metal the sister actually converted to islam and my friend went on to play basketball, and I'm still the same fucking way nearly in my 20s....

A pencil case.... A pencil case got me into metal....... I remember playing Slipknot - wait and bleed to my mom and saying something along the lines of "this is my new jams" . She just looked at me and said with a sense of humor "Are you sure youre ready for this?" . Like Wtf. Slipknot is some of the most pussy shit ever compared to whats really out there. How could somebody born in the 70s say such a thing ? xD

Black Frost's picture

Motorhead and Judas Priest cds my uncle had.

nameless_rites's picture

Around 1993, I first heard Metallica, Megadeth and Ozzy albums from some older kids on the school bus. The first metal album I bought for myself was "Ride The Lightning".

I wasn't really into music before that, but I was sold on metal pretty much from the first time I heard it.

Cosmoblaze's picture

Hearing my dad listening to Motorhead (Eat the rich), Cinderella (Gypsy Road) and Black Sabbath (Paranoid).

Minty's picture

For me, I remember seeing an older kid wearing a Slipknot shirt on the bus I took to school in middle school (around 11-12 years old) and looking then up. From there, I took a liking to nu-metal.

A few years later, I started listening to more Deathcore and "heavier" stuff like that.

Then thanks to YouTube related videos, I found Death Metal, and I've never looked back. Haha! Specifically, Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face, Dying Fetus - Homicidal Retribution and Deicide - Scars of the Crucifix.

Eventually, I did get more into Thrash and Heavy, but Death Metal is still my favorite to this day. Abd since Slipknot was my gateway band in a sense, I do still have a bit of a soft spot for them and even listen to the every one in a while. Hahaha!

sunrisehasgone's picture

My dad is really into heavy metal and classic rock, so I've been listening to it and have loved it for as long as I can remember! Some of my earliest memories are of watching his tapes of Kiss concerts with him. He loves Iron Maiden too, and by fourth grade they were my favorite band. I remember my teacher from that year telling me it "wasn't appropriate" for little girls to listen to Iron Maiden, but a decade later and they're still my favorite! My favorite memories are of going to concerts with my dad; we've seen Kiss, Rush, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Testament and Deep Purple together.

baskoroxxsiwi's picture

First....my neighbor....I live in crowded community and we can hear almost what my neighbor play via their player, I had neighbor name Sardi, he like 70s rock..He used to play Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin...but although Deep Purple were heavy rotation on his tape player...but still :ed Zepplein crush on my ear...then when i was 5th grade elementry school i bought Iron Maiden - Powerslave and Loudness - 8186 live...

Thrashattck94's picture

The first ever band I really fell in love for was this early 2000's pop punk band called Busted. Sure, they were not metal, but they were my first band to be a big fan of. After they broke up, there was this black hole in music for me where I never really listened to anything besides anything I heard on the radio, like classic rock and the occasional children song. I don't think it was until 2006 when a game called Guitar Hero came along. Once I started playing that game to a decent extent, I fell in love with the music and bands, although they were covers.

It would be another 2 years until Guitar Hero 3 came out, and I was thrown away with the bands. Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Dragonforce and Tenacious D got me really started, and the songs were so good; my first albums were Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast, the Guitar Hero 3 soundtrack, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, Metallica's Death Magnetic and the last 2 albums by Dragonforce featuring ZP Theart.

UltimoMondoCannibale's picture

Growing up dad always had various bands and artists playing. Dude would listen to anything from Metallica to Motley crue to Steve Miller Band to N.W.A., so i grew up with all kinds of different music, but it was my freshman year when a friend of mine got me into the big four that i got hooked. From there it went from Thrash Metal, to Death Metal, to Black Metal, to Stoner Metal. Now im just trying to add diversity, find non-metal acts to listen to as well as finding new metal every day

xenokrist_97's picture

My parents had always listened to classic rock and so I was into that when I was little, then when I was 8 or so, I heard Metallica - And Justice For All and became a huge Metallica fan (to the point I almost listened to them exclusively for some years), and after that some Megadeth. Slayer became the next really big thing for me and was my favorite band for a while, and A7X also found its way into my library because one of my really good friends loved them and I dug them a lot too.
Around the end of middle school, I became really big on thrash metal in general, and I'd try to find anything to quench that thirst, from Dark Angel to early Overkill, Annihilator, Mortal Sin etc. and at the same time I was trying to find some of the seminal death metal bands, first hearing Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated, and Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness. Things really picked up on the death metal side of things when another really good friend of mine lent me a copy of MA - Domination and though I wasn't too terribly huge on it (now it floors me every time I hear it) it made an impact on me along with the Cannibal Corpse discography and some early Deicide, who also became one of my favorite bands, and that same friend also introduced me to stuff like Opeth as well. Some other bands I loved to death around this time was System of a Down, Tool and Rammstein, so it's not like it was all thrash all the time as these three were also some of my favorites.
The singer in the band I'm in, though it was 3 years before I'd ever join, introduced me to black metal kind of by accident, we were in school one day and he had Mayhem going on one of those music streaming sites and I happened to glance over and he told me that it was Buried by Time and Dust and then told me the album, and when I went home that day I looked up the album on youtube and was hooked instantly. From there it was Bathory, Darkthrone, all the classics really. He also introduced me to Cradle of Filth, who slowly but surely creeped up into my list of favorite bands.
And after all of that, it was branching out and finding every different type of metal and just seeing what I could find, and here I am today

kereealazer's picture

I've been listening to rock and roll my whole life and at some point when I started discovering my own music I got into Megadeth and other bands. My friend recommended me In Flames and All That Remains. After awhile I became a Metalhead.

Beorn's picture

Well, my dad was always a rocker. Big bearded guy, with a Harley. He got me into hard rock, and then I just found progressively heavier music on my own until I ended up with my taste today.

zmanzman1's picture

My dad would always play Stuff from his era. Stuff like Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Megadeth, Dio, Motorhead, AC/DC and I remember when I was very young that I loved how fast and powerful it all sounded. Then I got a computer around 2006 and I explored metal even more. Then when I found a band called Hammerfall my love for metal would stay forever. Especially for power metal.

PForx's picture

Seeing Motörhead on TV when I was a kid.

Gryphon's picture

It all began in 1975, when I was 9, my parents gave my brother and I KISS' 1st album and Dressed To Kill for Xmas. They had no idea what they started. We moved in 1977, and my new friends turned me onto the rock and metal of the time. When the 80's started I discovered NWOBHM. I would buy compilation LPs. One of these was When Hell Comes To Your House. When I heard Creeping Death I was hooked. To this day speed metal is my favorite genre. I consider myself blessed to have grown up when I did.

Potatoes_Misfit15's picture

I wasn't really into heavy metal because I'd mostly listen to metalcore (which i still listen to do to this day) when I was in middle school, but then later, my dad made me listen to bands like motorhead, anthrax, and metallica and slayer and I started getting into more bands.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments