TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

Wacken 2014 25th anniversary --> Who's attending?

GREXUMER
Sat, 23/11/2013 - 08:05

Hi there, that's my question of today/tonight. I find it as an especial occasion to attend a fest (in my case this is gonna be my very first festival outside my beloved Mexico)

I'm personally very excited about going there but it just was my curiosity to know who else is going. BTW I need some advice about that, for example: hostels, great restaurants, transportation and so on. Your comments will be well received by me.

thanks for reading this!

Date: 
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Germany
Who is going?
Lars248
ToxicAttack
D_Stoertebeker

Are you attending?

Speed or Bleed's picture

Oh fuck wacken! Its not that Good as it was anymore.. Otherwise they are countless greater german and european festivals arround!

meaningless's picture

im totaly with u... +1

ToxicAttack's picture

Man muss doch froh sein, wenn Wacken die ganze Aufmerksamkeit kriegt bleiben die anderen Festivals vom Partytourismus verschont

Bayernpirat's picture

hahahaha sooooo wahr, hab erst gestern mit meinen Freunden drüber geredet wie schön es doch ist, auf anderen festivals keine solche Touristen zu sehen. Leute, ich freu mich schon richtig aufs RockHarz und Party.San

meaningless's picture

das ist auch nicht ganz unwahr..hehe :) stimmt

Bayernpirat's picture

und es spielt Unleashed aufm RockHarz, yeah - Marduk bekommt beim PSOA endlich die Tribute Kutte zu sehen

MoreNecromansy's picture

+1 I agree. These massive (you can call them mainstream even) fests such as Wacken or Hellfest are just too hectic & impersonal for me, not to mention the atrocious line-ups. I'd suggest hitting Hell's Pleasure, Hammer of Doom, Keep It True, Live Evil, Muskelrock, Up the Hammers, Death Doomed the Age, Brofest, Noctis, Wings of Metal or any of the other underground metal fests held all over the world.

meaningless's picture

before i go to wacken...ill cut my wrists.... sorry. Germany have TONS of festival along the summer, i defently would choose a different one. Or maybe, if i want a rly BIG one - check the Hellfest in France, or maybe Graspop in Belgium.

trenchraider's picture

Bloodstock in the UK? OEF in the czech republic? both kick ass festivals and cost about a third of what Wacken costs....

GREXUMER's picture

The Obscene came to my country but I wasn't interested at all... Of course I want to attend other festivals around Europe (like KIT), it's only I wanted to start with a WOA, that's it.

trenchraider's picture

fair enough dude im not bashing Wacken by any means its a great festival but it pisses me off its so expensive!

meaningless's picture

with every year..less metalheads..but more festival-tourists..who just come to be drunk and stupid..and not for the music-itself.....to many wanna-bes at wacken for my taste..haha

TheGuardianJan's picture

I think it's agood idea to start your festival expeience with the Wacken Open Air! I came there since 2008 every year. I like it all time!

meaningless's picture

OEF is very 'special' i guess its not rly every1s taste..haha..but Bloodstock is nice as well, indeed

ToxicAttack's picture

I´m only attending there because it´s "around the corner" and i get free tickets through a friend from my dad. 2014 will probably be my last Wacken, 3€ for a small (0,3) cup of water is just crazy and there is too much non metal stuff around.

Blüdrayne's picture

That's bloody extortion.
I think they should give out water for free.
Helps prevent drunkenness and fighting, for one.

GREXUMER's picture

Hey guys calm down... I know there's a bunch of great fests over the world besides WOA but this was a personal opinion. However I respect yours even if they're against mine...

I also need to compare by myself between fests, everybody has an opinion and that's acceptable. Honestly I do not care to receive negative opinions because of that; then I can attend other fests in which I'm also interested besides WOA.

Thanx anyway

meaningless's picture

for sure, check the fests u ever want :) haha.. Wacken is just damn expensive, for the same money u get 1-2 other great festivals :) but if u wanna see Wacken, no matter what it costs - check it out :)

Claudandus's picture

I'll be there as usual, the artists booked this year alone is already better than the whole last years setup. Can't wait to see King Diamond, Sodom and Emperor.

Lars248's picture

I think next years line up is the best line up since 2011. I'll be there as well btw.

Claudandus's picture

I agree. The only thing I really remember being exited about last year was Fejd and Grave Digger. Other than that it was pretty hit and miss. It was nice to se Naglfar, Desperados and Ragnarok. But that's pretty much it.
2012 was pretty decent if you ask me. Too bad I missed Paradise Lost and Warbringer.

GREXUMER's picture

I wanted to see Annihilator and Alice Cooper :(

Claudandus's picture

I saw both of them. Annihilator was great. But it was really to warm that day to fully appreciate it.
Alice was pretty stale in my eyes. The show itself was great, lots of props, stage actors and whatnot. But Alice himself just seemed very uninterested in the whole thing. I guess doing that for as long as he have been doing it makes one a bit jaded.

Lars248's picture

Well this year I enjoyed Gojira, Alpha Tiger, Legion of the Damned, Anthrax, Annihilator and Kryptos a lot. Kind of sucked it was hot all festival long basically. Except the last night. Hmm Naglfar and Ragnarok I missed, dont know why. Warbringer was cool in 2012, only short. 35 minutes.

meaningless's picture

horse? :P hahahaha

GREXUMER's picture

Very healthy and fills you with lots of energy... NOT :p

Blüdrayne's picture

What's wrong with eating horse meat?
We eat kangaroo here, arabs eat camels.
Nothing wrong with eating horse.

meaningless's picture

lol i dont have a prob with eating horse (ok, i woulnd eat it but...) ...but i dont think in wacken/germany - they offer horse :P hahaha..im just surprised :P

ToxicAttack's picture

In 2012 they offered horse-sausage, it´s not that uncommon especially in northern germany

meaningless's picture

serious?...oh u germans with ur strange food :P as more north as more im surprised, i have to say..haha

LikkedbyDeath's picture

Camel meat tastes like chicken/beef. I'd try horse meat in a heartbeat.

GREXUMER's picture

Thanks dude but I asked for hostels because I expect to arrive to Hamburg on Sunday, so my Bf and I will need to rest before going on our way to wacken. The camping set is already in the house of one of our friends :p

GREXUMER's picture

I won't be shitty, but considering I'm gonna travel from Mexico to Hamburg, I will need 1 day of rest before going on my way to Wacken for camping there. Because of that, I was asking for hostels and stuff.

DevilzForce's picture

i'll be at wacken, fuck the haters !

GREXUMER's picture

I know, it's a matter of tastes. It's true, it's too expensive (if you are thinking that, imagine me that I intend to go from Mexico!!!), but i hope that price worths all the experience.

Great you're attending too!

Claudandus's picture

I think it's pretty cheap considering what you get for your money. The whole thing costs about 300 euros for me. Travel, camping and entrance included. Compare that to Sweden Rock Festival where the same 300 euros would just buy me the ticket to the festival itself.

GREXUMER's picture

300 euros only for the ticket?!?! Damn that's a loooooot!!!

Claudandus's picture

I agree. That's why I choose to attend other festivals.
Look for yourself, the site is in Swedish. But if my exchange rate isn't totaly of the charts the 2490 SeK they ask for the ticket evens out to about 270 euros.

Claudandus's picture

I couldn't agree less.^^

Claudandus's picture

You mean that silvery can with only the words "Millenium Starköl" on it? I used to drink that all the time some years ago. But then they changed the recepie and it just tasted, strange. Nowadays I mostly drink Mariestad, Fagerhult, ÅBRO or Arboga.

DevilzForce's picture

just a matter of having a decent job and having fun... all big festivals are expensive !
amazingly cool festival, and no offence doc, but not going because there is a religious intervention tent? REALLY?!

GREXUMER's picture

Idc if there's something religious xD

I hope having my diploma soon so in my job can increase my salary

Blüdrayne's picture

What exactly is there in said tents?

ToxicAttack's picture

It´s like a psychological treatment, if you have any problems (your girlfriend left you, cat died,depressive because your beer is empty) there are people you can talk to

Blüdrayne's picture

Would actually go for that. Feelsgoodman to talk sometimes.

DevilzForce's picture

sure, but naming that as a reason not to go to a festival..... i dunno !
when slayer came to play WOA the local christian church protested openly, but was cool enough to take pictures with metalheads wich later were printed in the wacken gazette.... shows how serious it all is ;)

Adam. B. A. Mclean's picture

I'll be there fore the fourth time in 2014. It's always tons of fun there, never a boring moment!

Lars248's picture

This year will be my 4th time too man!

MetalheartNYC's picture

I bought my ticket as soon as i saw king diamond, kreator, and amon amarth where announced.Since than not to many big headliners have been billed so I'm getting pissed. I was there in 2011 and know that its a fun place to be regardless,if they bring at least 2 big names i will be satisfied,hell i'll even take U.D.O. or running wild as headliners and i will be happy as a pig in shit. I booked my flights and everything so i can't go to any other festivals….Hopefully i will run into some of you at wacken cheers \m/

Lars248's picture

Camping A man, thats were I'll be

Darkvalerious's picture

I´m From Honduras and I used to attend Wacken ( 2002 and 2006) but now I think their bills sucks, small festivals are growing year by year with a fucking great bands (Like Hellfest) but anyway if this is your first festival enjoy!

SpecializedinTerror's picture

It's always been a dream of mine to attend Wacken. Maybe one year...

Phallucifer's picture

better be quick, before they manage to make it even worse.

Lars248's picture

Just perfect :)

Executer's picture

btw: W:O:A 2015 is sold out today...

gizter's picture

i'll never understand why people would buy tickets when they don't / barely even know about what bands are playing. this years lineup was pretty boring if you ask me. i would've been bummed if i had a ticket.

Chemical Burn's picture

In 12 hours. That works out at €12.65 million sitting in the bank gathering interest, and that's before you even factor in beer sales and other shit they sell at the actual festival.

joecubbie's picture

I live in America so chances are I'll never make it to Wacken but looking at this lineup, here's the bands i would go see...

Accept
Carcass
Children of Bodom
Devin Townsend Project
Emperor
Hatebreed
King Diamond
Kreator
Megadeth
Motörhead
Prong
Saxon
Slayer
Steel Panther
W.A.S.P.

So that's 15 bands over 4 days. I still say Hellfest had the lineup of the year.

joecubbie's picture

Well I'm saving up to fly me and my dad out to Hellfest when I turn 18. Still have a couple years lol but this year's lineup was phenomenal. The bands we would've gone to seen alone would probably be a thread in itself unless you really want me to give you the full list XD

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments