TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

Tourshirts collecting opinions?

Panthorder
Wed, 18/06/2014 - 14:47

If u are have not been in that gig, but you buy that event shirt. I don´t do that at all. Same thing with cd and patches. What mind?

Claudandus's picture

Generally I don't do that. But if I find a tourshirt with a band I like for a good price. Sure why not, as long as you don't claim to have actually been there.
As for patches, some times tour merch is the only option. I have a Wo Fat patch from a tour I didn't attend since that's their only patch available.

gizter's picture

we already had this discusion some time ago.
i personaly wouln't do it, doesn't feel right for me. do do hate these re-issues of old tourshirts. makes no sence to me. if you're going to do it, just remove the part that says tour. on some it is really easy.
like this one
http://www.rockworldeast.com/dimage/zoom/7724.jpg

i do have a patch of that design, but covered the part where it says tour.

thrashing_death's picture

I use to do it like that, but since I started working and missing a ton of shows (and awesome tour/event shirts) I just started having my friends pick me up shirts. Plus you can neverhave enough band shirts.

Hárbarðr's picture

I don't see the problem, as long as you don't claim to have attended, which would be quite ridiculous.

Pier's picture

I don't mind people doing that. But I wouldn't. Sometimes when I see someone with a cool old tourshirt I ask them how the gig was and stuff like that. When the answer is: No idea..I wasn't there. I got this one from e-bay. That's always a bit disapointing.

Bayernpirat's picture

it´s like Pokemon for me - Gotta catch ´em all, haha.
As the biggest Unleashed fan here at TSS I collect every shirt, even tourshirts I didn´t have visited.
best example: I own four Midvinterblot shirt with different backs http://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/unleashed-tour-shirt-midvin...

I don´t see any problem by buying that stuff but I won´t tell that I have seen the gig if not

oldmate's picture

I would get it for a band I love, but not use it. Have it more for collecting.

Faber's picture

Got the Omen alive in Athens tourshirt. Never been to Athens tho. Just wanted a Omen shirt really bad.

Devile's picture

Collecting tour shirts can be fun, but it is not something that I do. I feel the urge to buy them when I find them in second hand shops for no money at all.

judascrust's picture

I personally only wear tour shirts if I saw the band on that tour...i know no one would care if I wore one that I didn't get at a show but i guess its a kind of OCD thing. A tour shirt is like a souveneir for me so I'd feel weird wearing one that I didn't attend a show for.

BerrLord's picture

If it is a nice shirt, I want it. I have a tourshirt with Nuclear Assault, however it is the only official shirt of NA that I have been able to buy.

Heinz's picture

I think I only have one; the rest are general album/band oriented. If called out on a tour shirt, I'd just tell 'em I got it in a trade on TSS! :)

EvilPriest's picture

I don't do that, sometimes I see a great shirt but it has dates on the back and it reminds me I couldn't see the band on that tour haha

HERBROCKS's picture

I felt like that as a teen, but I grew out of it. The only childhood rule I still have is if you buy a shirt at a show, you may not put it on at the show (except under the shirt you wore there, if you don't want to carry it) . Did the op say he wouldnt buy a bands cd except at a show? That seems extreme

SAATANANVITTU's picture

Hahaha I sometimes just rip the sleeves off and change shirts right in the audience... Because I don't want to carry it or simply cannot wait to wear it! Why don't you want to put it on in the show itself?

SAATANANVITTU's picture

If it would be a really old and awesome one, I'd probably buy it, as nobody could even assume that I was there, since I'm pretty young.

HERBROCKS's picture

A: when I was a teen only "posers" put on the shows shirt, us true rockers would be wearing a older shirt feom a past gig. These days I avoid even wearing a shirt by a band on the bill, unless it is a super rare. I do always get a dozen complements on the shirt I do wear, and it is very uncommon for me to see a "shirt brother" in the crowd :)

SAATANANVITTU's picture

Ah I kinda understand! However, I don't hold such boundaries for myself, I simply wear whatever the fuck I want to haha

iejfiefj's picture

Generally I don't do that。welcome to http://www.eozy.com/

Morbid_Welshman's picture

I won't usually buy a Tour shirt unless I actually went to a show, unless it's a particularly special one :)

perkele's picture

If it's from tour I was to young to witness , I have no problem buying one . Otherwise I usually don't buy such Tourshirts, only exception Maiden or if I win that shirt :)

2hobos1box's picture

I wouldn't do that except for the Toxic Holocaust & Midnight tour shirt. I'm gonna get it just because of how awesome it is to see two great bands on one shirt.

J.j. Ratte's picture

I don't care if I was there or not, as long it's old and the shirt looks good, ill buy it ;)

Judas Priestess's picture

I don't go out of my way to get tour shirts but if I like the design I'll buy it and wear it, whether I attended it or not.

579,099 items in the gallery, 884,283 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Kein Thema. Poser 667 ist ein guter Mann. Bestellt ihm leer.
  • List Updated 🤘😁🤘
  • thx man
  • I am very thankful for it 🤤
  • Nice base vest. Those sanfordized denims hold up really well
  • Muss schon wieder fragen: woher kommt der?
  • Where did you get this?
  • Quite unique. Plus it’s a non-black shirt which already adds to the novelty. This is a very cool piece
  • That band is really great awesome. I bought their vinyl and patch some time ago.
  • Saw it on eBay
  • Awesome collection man! I’m missing that sect pig haha.
  • Bothered by the grammatical error of it's instead of its.
  • I got this a few days as a gift. It's really a very good question.
  • Never seen this one. Nice!
  • Gotcha, that's CCC.
  • i don’t even know what to say hahahaahhaaha