TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Top 10 NWOTHM albums

Chainbreaker
Wed, 27/01/2016 - 07:04

Just getting acquainted with the genre. I listened to bands like Enforcer, Striker, Enbound, Night Mistress and the likes on the internet and I saw Air Raid live last year but they all leave me neither hot or cold. Seems to be the same problem as with the new generation of trash bands like Municipal Waste, Evile, Gama Bomb, Bonded By Blood,... (Hyades is great though!:-)) Some of them seem to be able to make a good song, but there are no albums like Spreading The Disease, Kill 'Em All or The Years Of Decay for trash and The Number Of The Beast, British Steel or Crusader out there. I could be wrong however. I recently discovered the band Iron Kobra and I really like them a lot. The voice takes some getting used to since it's borderline false:-), but at least it sounds original and they wrote some truly awesome songs. This got me thinking that maybe there are some new heavy metal albums out there that are worth taking out for a spin. It's up to you to convince me.

nuclearthrasher666's picture

Black Trip's new album "Shadowline" was truly great .

THMManiac's picture

love black trip !

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Oh misread thought it was NWOBHM so i have to say none regarding this topic :).
But keep on rocking!

Metalmate's picture

I can really recommend : Nihilist-Blood Portraits : to you

Yoschi29's picture

Skull Fist's whole discography, same for Steelwing (both bands haven't that much yet, haha) and listen to the newest Air Raid album! Since they have a new singer they sound much better. I also like RAM a lot and don't forget Stallion!
And: it took me also some time to get into this bands, specially Enforcer, but know they are some of my favourite groups, haha!

YeOldeJeffe's picture

Visigoth's Revenant King

Chainbreaker's picture

Thanks a lot everybody! Will certainly check those out!

Yoschi29's picture

You're welcome! Tell me then, which one you liked most! :)

Chainbreaker's picture

Ok, so Skull Fist seems to have gotten very radio-friendly (=shit) judging by a video I found on YouTube. I checked out some of their older videos, I liked what I heard, but it didn't really wow me. Also since when do skaters listen to heavy metal? And I don't like their cover-artwork.
I liked Lord Of The Wasteland by Steelwing, but the rest of the songs I listened to, didn't move me.
Ram just isn't my cup of tea. And Stallion was the band that impressed me the most, but the problem with these guys as with all of the bands I checked out, is that apparently they are more concerned with how their dicks look in a pair of tights, than they are about writing original songs. The new Air Raid material sounds solid though. Thanks for bringing them back to my attention! They also seem to be very nice guys, since they had a couple of drinks with the crowd after the gig when I saw them last year. Sorry, I hope I don't disappoint you. In no way I mean any disrespect towards you. Especially since you were so nice in helping me. It's just a matter of taste. Iron Kobra still remains my favorite. I just ordered their 2 full albums after listening to them a lot on You Tube. They fuckin' blew my mind! Hope they will be playing near Belgium in the near future!

Yoschi29's picture

You're welcome mate! \m/
I am not even a little bit angry about your opinion, I'm really happy that you took you so much time for listening and trying out and wrote me this all - it's your taste that you have to like, not mine. And sure I can understand that it's not the music and style for everyone. I find it quite funny how e.g. Stallion look but I'm sure I would never walk around like them (except if I'm totally drunk as hell, btw I love the belgian beer, haha) but I already met them in person and they are really nice. You're also right about Air Raid: The guitarist is a friend of me, since we met last year in Decembre after one of their gigs at their signing session and had a really nice talk. They are soon going on a Europe tournee, although they don't visit Belgium but maybe there's a chance for you to see them if you like?
And I think the thing with the skating with Skull Fist is the same like with e.g. Metallica and Maiden with skating. If I remember correctly, they produced skateboards (Priest also) and I think that there have been skaters among their fans. But why Skull Fist stress this so much... I don't know. :D
Nevertheless, thanks for sharing your opinion and taking that much time. I will definetly listen to Iron Kobra soon, haven't done it yet.
Rock on and hopefully we can drink a beer one day together. \m/

Chainbreaker's picture

I definitively hope so too! Thanks again!

Yoschi29's picture

You're welcome my friend!

Nater90's picture

I'm a skater and I listen to brutal as fuck Metal, Rotten & his son to...Plus few more.

Chainbreaker's picture

Hi! Yeah, I saw you were talking about decks in another thread and I certainly know you are metal as hell judging from what I've read!;-) Just, when I was young, skaters were into Avril Lavigne (Sk8ter boi;-)), Green Day, SUM41 and those kinda poppunk stuff and I was kinda surprised.

Nater90's picture

Howdy hoe!

Haha, I do my best.

Well depends on the generation of skateboarder I guess, Back when I skated more my cousin and I would have Behemoth cranked!

Punk does go hand in hand with Skateboarding, I love both so in a way its natural?

I can skate with or without music but when I watch clips I think to myself, What music would I have? But all depends what I'd be doing and what I was feeling at that given moment.

THMManiac's picture

Traditional metal is my life right now man! I totally get what your saying though! By no means is this movement ground breaking, or something that is looking to take the world by storm. As judas priest once did for example. I just think its full of a bunch of younger dudes who are interested in this specific sound.

Enforcer - death by fire, and from beyond had some very weird twists. but they are by no means the next genre defining albums out there.

Cauldron - Burning fortune - Just had some good tunes geared towards this classic sound NWOTHM fans have been waiting for.

Skull fist - head of the pack. is just a personal favourite of mine. The Lead work just sounds good! nothing more or nothing less. It just sounds good to a lot of us fans.

Striker - Armed to the teeth - Talk about epic songs dude!

Maybe I have warped my own reality, and convince myself too hard that Cauldron, striker, enforcer and Skull fist are the biggest leaders of this movement and have a lot of potential to break out even bigger. But Here are just some popular anthems of the NWOTHM to maybe look into.
Hitten - ladykiller
Blizzen - time machine
Amulet - evil cathedral
High spirits - full power
Air raid - A blade in the dark
Helvetets port - Heavy metal nights
White wizzard - over the top
Midnight priest - Hellbreaker
Axxion - crazy nights
Riot city - burn the night

I know for a fact you will not like all of them. Maybe just give em a chance! if you don't like them, hey that's alright man Go find something that sticks with you more. There are a SHIIIIIT LOAD of people on TSS who feel the same way as you do about the NWOTHM. as there are a shit load of people on TSS who feel the same way as I do about the NWOTHM. So nobody has to worry about what side theyre on here.

Chainbreaker's picture

Thanks a lot, man! Didn't expect any more responses on this thread, and BAM, you came along. Will certainly give them a listen. Also I don't believe in labels! I have nothing against the NWOTHM! I'm actually quite excited by it, since bands like Maiden, Priest and Saxon won't be around for much longer. And that is the music I like a lot. But as I said, most of these new bands just seems so busy with looking 80ies style (thights on a man were never something I considered cool btw;-)) and copying the sound of their idols, they forget to do their own thing.

THMManiac's picture

hahaha agreed on the tights thing.I have a huge appreciation for the NWOTHM bands that don't take it to that extent. Stallion is just waaaaayyy to much for me to handle. there are bands I absolutely despise even in my favourite movement. so I have no doubts you will find a couple good jams that suit you man! Good luck on the journey! haha

Yoschi29's picture

Dude, seems like you're my soulmate, haha! I feel absolutely the same about this scene that is coming up and I really hope for the bands that they will get once as much people listening to their music like their big idols have done!
Thanks for that many bands, there are really some in your list, I haven't listened to yet!
Keep on rocking! \m/

Chainbreaker's picture

Wow, there are actually a lot of songs I really liked! Thanks a bunch, man!

Chainbreaker's picture

Helvetets fuckin' Port! What a great fuckin' band! I love them! Thanks for bringing them to my attention! I already ordered Exodus To Hell on cd. Hopefully they will also bring out Man With The Chains on CD, because Lightning Rod Avenger is such a great song!

THMManiac's picture

thats really great to hear man! \m/ keep searching! Helvetets port and Amulet are some hidden gems :D

Chainbreaker's picture

Yes, Axxion with Crazy Nights sounds great too btw! ;-) In my honest opinion better than anything by Skull Fist, Cauldron and Striker I listened to so far.

THMManiac's picture

awesome dude! I agree. Check Out Axxion - Ride of the chariots.

Chainbreaker's picture

Cover of Thor?

THMManiac's picture

haha yes sir.

Chainbreaker's picture

Ok, will def check it out! Only The Strong rules!

Chainbreaker's picture

Amulet - Evil Cathedral sounds great! Still busy with the rest!

NocturnalOccultist's picture

All Cauldron album are good just saying

whiteravenmetal's picture

PORTRAIT!!

Chainbreaker's picture

Will definitively check them out! Thanks!

Chainbreaker's picture

So, I have been wading through endless amounts of NWOTHM-shit these past days and these are songs that stood out from the rest:

Alpha Tiger - From Outer Space
Wild - Calles De Fuego
Steel Horse - In The Storm
Ciclon - Caballeros Del Rock
Stallion - Rise And Ride
BlackTrack - Cosmic Metal
MetalUSAfer - Heavy Metal Hammer (Great fuckin' song, check it out!)
Leather Heart - Nightmares Town
Bolido - First Step To The Top (I listened to the first 3 songs on the album "We are rock" and they were all good").
Sons Of Lioth - Large Hadron Collider Spider
Sons Of Lioth - Judge Hammer (Great belgian band, show them some support).

For all those interested in the genre (if you can call it a genre), you should check out above-mentioned songs if you haven't already. Will keep you posted, because I'm always looking for Heavy Metal-gems to discover.

Metalmate's picture

Thanks for all your work man!

May I add two more?
Hällas-Halas (Catchy crossbreed between Ashbury and Black Sabbath)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8CQXROinUc

Witchcurse (Portuguese Maiden happiness)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hst78uDXDWw

Chainbreaker's picture

Thanks mate! I will definitively check them out and let you know what I think! Always in for some Maiden happiness!;-)

Chainbreaker's picture

Hälas sounds to 70ies for me to really be my thing, but sounds great. Reminds me a bit of Blue Öyster Cult (Secret Treaties era).
Witchcurse are not too shabby either.;-)

Chainbreaker's picture

Ik zie dat je van Nederland bent, ga je dit jaar toevallig naar Very Eavy?

Chainbreaker's picture

Also Züül - To The Frontlines is a song I 'm not able to get out of my head anymore these past days. Great song, but takes some listening to really appreciate it. The rest of the album isn't as consistent though.

InfernalOverkill's picture

Om het in eigen land te houden ;)
-Enchantress:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq-6uImW9j8

-Speed Queen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvsotWri2c

Chainbreaker's picture

Hey dank je! Ga dit zeker bekijken!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments