TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Subgenres of metal you just cannot get into

deth
Sun, 20/07/2014 - 06:46

I just do not understand why some fellow metellers enjoy the sound of metalcore or melodic metal. Its sounds very whiny to me. What about you guys?? What are some subgeneres of metal you guys dont like? Oh and if anyone can explain to me what is so good about metalcore/melodic metal, that would be appreciated. stay metal guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/

Nater90's picture

Mathcore

I did a review on my radio show on a "Mathcore" song, Their was no decent style to it, nor the vocals were any good....I ripped it a new asshole basically, Can't stand it.

deth's picture

mathcore? never heard of this. Will be sure to check it out

Tico Tyrant's picture

+2 "mathcore..never heard of this"
It doesn't sound at all like a pretentious attempt to make musicianship 'unique' by title, but not by character. Hahaha ppl just make up whatever the fuck they want now

Nater90's picture

Song was "Regression - A Forum" from memory, I can post the link with song and my review for the radio if you like? (At work at the moment so can when I get home the net is uber-shite at work haha)

Reborninblasphemy666's picture

I agree. Although, these days it seems there's always some new name for every sub-genre. But if I had to pick, it would be Power Metal. It just seems so bland, in my opinion. Meshuggah's good (they have a lot of intensity and originality), but I always end up leaning towards the more simple riff kind of music. Honestly, I stopped really paying attention to the metal scene as far as new bands and genres are concerned. A few good ones will pop-up—very few are original, though. One week it's Technical Death Metal the next it's Gay Satanic Vegan Metal, so there's so many sub-genres to choose from, haha. It's all metal so I can't really complain. It seems rather easy for the metal media to paint a band into a corner with a sub-genre. Ultimately, it's the audience that gets the most out of it in the end.

Nater90's picture

Yeah its fucked how a new "sub-genre" is made every 5 minutes.

Genres are good within reason but some are bland and not needed. All depends what you're into at the end of the day, Some stuff will never appeal to all.

True that, man. I can only imagine what new style of metal will come about in the next twenty years, haha. It'd be pretty disastrous if it was like a giant ball of clumped sub-genres. Although I do remember a recent boom with Mathcore a few years ago, oddly a lot of those bands are considered Deathcore now, haha.

Nater90's picture

I don't mind some of the core genres, Some bands that I see locally are rather talented but the ones that copy the big named ones or can't play for shit they're plain terrible.

In 20 years the "youth" will have made up some new "hip" genre that they're all obsessed with, Idea for the name of for the genre; Symphonic Hardcore Indie Thrash also abbreviated as S.H.I.T ;)

Hahaha! The fan base could call themselves S.H.I.T-HEADS. And if New York has their own scene of it, they could call it "Hardcore SHIT-HEADS".

Nater90's picture

Hahahahahah fuck yeah! Damn straight brother, Sadly the world is going that way and the name suits them to a T!

T stands for Trash, haha. I'm hoping that the day when S.H.I.T. comes to existence is the day Peter Steele arises from the desert to lead black people to dominate the entire earth, and true metal will reign supreme, hahaha.

Nater90's picture

For sure, Man Peter Steele kicked ass, Love TON. Haha sounds like a mighty fine day my friend! and Quorthorn shall rise and we'll all get in Viking ships and sing tails from Blood Fire Death!

Yeah, dude! Then the happenings could be written in the metal sagas, haha. It could end with the long-haired drunken metallers going back to Vinnland with a life supply of Mead :D.

Nater90's picture

Fuck yes! That's the kind of world I want to live in! I tried Honey Mead....Was fucking terrible

Really? Haha. I heard mixed reviews. My friend told me it's good if it's made right, otherwise it just taste like sugary earwax. The question is why on earth would he even know what earwax taste like? Hahaha. It would even be more awesome if it happened during the winter solstice. There should be an out-door metal festival during the winter season. That would be epic.

Nater90's picture

Yeah, Was a shelf brought one so was terrible, Home made would be better, Haha weird friend!

Indeed he is, haha. He tried to carve the SLAYER logo on his arm and had to go to the hospital from it getting infected. It just looks like an emo kid got too carried away with a pocket knife and started to cut the heck out of himself in frustration, haha. Talk about dedication in the wrong way. I talk to him every once in a while. He's a major pill popper, though.

If it's bottled mead, then that probably explains why it taste like a bear got done sticking his ding-ding in a beehive. I know certain winery's usually carry mead. That probably has more quality than the stuff liquor stores carry.

Nater90's picture

Hahahaha what a tripper.

Yeah no doubt. My Dad got it because I got him into Alestorm and he loves "Wenches and Mead" so we brought it for $10 to try, I'd love to get someone who home brews to make me some though, Would taste a lot better.

Haha that's feral man!

Hahaha. There's some recipes online. Yeah, man, can't go wrong with Alestorm. Now there's an underrated sub-genre. Pirate Metal! Black Metal and Viking Metal pale in comparison when it comes to some good 'ol booty raidin' Jack Sparrow music, haha.

Nater90's picture

Indeed, Might try once I sort my shed out, Its full of crap.
Hell yeah mate! I've seen them twice and met Chris Bowes three times now. Twice with Alestorm and once with Gloryhammer.
http://tshirtslayer.com/actionshot/unicorn-invasion-dundee

maidenfan620's picture

Ive seen a thread like this before, but I can't get into anything with "core", black metal, or the majority of death metal. I dunno if I'm just not "extreme" enough, haha, or what.

now when you say melodic metal, what exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about symphonic metal bands?

deth's picture

Haha yes I do love my black metal and my cannibal corpse but I cannot stand any of the 'cores. By melodic metal, I mean songs that have those riffs that use the higher guitar strings, so they sound kinda like solos, in a way. I am not talking about symphonic metal. I looooove me some Cradle of Filth lol

MonoWhisper763's picture

Black metal. There are some bands that stand out to me (Venom, Mercyful Fate, Bathory, Celtic Frost) but everything else. I just can't get into it

deth's picture

True. Sometimes black metal can get a little too satanic and crazy lol like the Mayhem story

Joel's picture

Venom and Mercyful Fate are no Black Metal bands. They're more Heavy Metal/Speed Metal than anything else.

R.J.'s picture

Holy shit.... If I had a quarter for every time I've seen this argument. Why do you people not understand that everyone has a different definition of "black metal"? Back in the 80s, Venom and Mercyful Fate were black metal as fuck. Helloween was once considered death metal and Rock n Rolf referred to Running Wild as black metal. Such a pointless argument.

Joel's picture

Back in the 80s, just about any Satanic Metal band was labeled "Black Metal". I'm glad you brought up that classic Noise comp by the way, 'cuz Helloween ain't Death Metal my friend. Neither is Running Wild. An album like Branded and Exiled sounds like Judas Priest influenced Heavy Metal/Power Metal/Speed Metal. Oh, and then there's this!

http://www.bathory.nu/07_under_the_sign/07_underthesignreviewmetalforces...

Take note of the part that labels Bathory's music Death Metal. Should I even write anything else? I don't think so.

R.J.'s picture

You completely missed what I was saying. My point is that genre definitions change over time and vary from person to person. Just because I consider Venom to be a black metal band doesn't mean someone else does. It depends on each person's criteria, and there is literally no point in arguing whether a band fits into a specific genre or not.

Joel's picture

Well...yeah, that's a good point you just made. In 1970 Sabbath 's s/t would have been considered Heavy Metal I guess. Nowadays it sounds more like bluesy Hard Rock influenced by the likes of Cream and Blue Cheer because of how drastically Metal has evolved since it's inception at the end of the 60s.

Tico Tyrant's picture

+1 and a half

Joel's picture

Thanks dude.

Judas Priestess's picture

I don't think labeling Bathory as "death metal" is so far-fetched though, especially in 1987.

Joel's picture

Yeah, that's true. Albums like Under the Sign... and The Return... from a couple of years earlier were really far out there for their day.

Joel's picture

Bathory's Quorthon is considered Black/Pagan/Viking Metal Jesus for good reason though.

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean Bathory can't be labeled as death metal, you have to remember this was the mid to late 80s and neither death or black metal were fully established and they were highly influential to each other.

Joel's picture

Yeah, for sure. Things were still in their formative stages back then. There's blackened Death Metal, Death Metal-ish Black Metal, blackened Heavy Metal, etc. Here's a classic example of old school Black Metal influenced Swedish Death Metal I recommend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9uMPDivyY

Joel's picture

Something else I want to mention is that Venom and Metallica were both referring to their music as Power Metal in 1982, so...there you go.

Beastial Adoration's picture

Early Venom + Early Mercyful Fate ARE Black Metal, people who claim something else don't understand what Black Metal us all about!

judascrust's picture

what black metal is all about varies from person to person; you can't put limitations and boundaries on what art means to different people.

Joel's picture

Yeah, it can be very abstract.

Joel's picture

No, they're not. Like I already noted in another post, there's a difference between Black Metal and slightly off-kilter Heavy Metal. Venom and Fate are in the latter camp.

SpecializedinTerror's picture

Venom and Mercyful are definetly not Black Metal. Huge influences but just because something is an influence does not mean it is that genre. It'd be like calling Iron Maiden and Dio Power Metal.

Joel's picture

Testify!

You like Municipal Waste therefore your opinion means nothing.

lmao

kissman's picture

Nu Metal, Metal Core and Symphonic Metal... just can't stand it!

deth's picture

Same!!!! I do like a few symphonic metal bands though, like Cradle of Filth

madbutcher's picture

Progressive metal and melodic death

deth's picture

SAME!!!!!

JUANTHRASH's picture

Too complicated for you?

Taikon's picture

Slam death metal/goregrind/etc, basically br00tal gr00vy brutal death bands with zero originality. Also crossover/skater thrash, only band I ever got into was Dr.Livingdead.

okultista's picture

Death Metal

It doesn't do it for me. And I'm not saying it's a "bad" genre or anything, I just can't get into it. In fact, I have a lot respect for some of the bands.

Metalcore, Nu Metal, etc.

Not much much to say about it imo. I think we can all pretty much agree on it.

deth's picture

That tells me that you listen to the metal, not because it is heavy or "br00tal", but because you can actually appreciate the musical structure of it. Fuck yeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay metal \m/!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to hate death metal but idk man those riffs in cannibal corpse's hammer smashed face hooked me into it haha

Heinz's picture

OH YES... Not into the horror movie lyrics, but HSF has some of the best riffs in death metal EVER. Especially "that one".

judascrust's picture

Most of what we now call "power metal" - Hammerfall, Manowar, Edguy, Stratovarius, etc. I've never been able to get into; I know its cheesy and epic and fun to listen to sometimes but overall I get nothing out of it.

Stoner metal and a lot of this "sludge" that's been popular in recent years is another one I can't stand; this one is hard for me to explain because I like some doom bands that could probably easily fall into that category (Grief and Saint Vitus come to mind, not to mention most of Sabbath's early work) but most of it I find extremely boring.

Death metal is one I'm finding myself less and less intrigued by; I used to feel so much of the ugliness and brutality that this music is supposed to be known for but lately for me is lost in favor of musical showmanship and technicality and the pop music clarity of studio polish. There are a few early "classic" DM albums that I adore, and now and then there might be certain DM bands that spark my interest but the past few years I've started to realize just how stale, dull and acceptable and "normal" this style has become.

Stiopa's picture

Manowar was already Power back when it meant something, in my opinion.

Also I don't fancy all these Stoner bands too, few are good with their lirycs, but most are quite meh...

deth's picture

Yeah I just do not like power metal lol its very corny, like metalcore imho. Sludge/doom, listen to Sleep's Holy Mountain and I think your feelings will change lol. I looooove old school death metal, like Cannibal's early stuff such as Tomb of the Mutilated, and bands like Deicide, etc

Really just Nu Metal and Metalcore I can't get into. Although I do like Slipknot's first two albums, Nu Metal isn't for me and Metalcore is something I've tried and don't like at all. Deathcore isn't terrible and I really like Carnifex but the majority follows what I don't like in modern Core. Also, I can't stand Glam. Probably my least favorite subgenre. Other than that, there really isn't a sub genre I don't like. It took me a little while to get into Grindcore, I hated it at first but now I see it as great stuff. I'm always open to listening to stuff I haven't tried before.

WEDERGANGER's picture

So I like most metal genres. My top genres are Black and folk. In every genre I like atleast 1 or 2 bands (Gothic, Metalcore,trash so on.)
Only the one genre i can't find a band that I like is Nu-metal... What is wierd ,I think because I like stuff like Linking Park what allso has rap in it...

What the hell is Mathcore?

There aren't many genres that I can't get completely into, unless you count all of those ridiculous "core" genres. There are different styles I listen to more than others but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the less favorable stuff.

DeathRipper's picture

DSBM and slow Death Metal.

Morbid_Welshman's picture

I like a bit from nearly every genre of Metal, but my taste consists mostly of the Classics, Death, Thrash and Black Metal.

Some genres (New Wave of Thrash and Power, in particular) are the main ones I just can't seem to get into, although there are a few exceptions.

And of course, pretty much anything ending in "Core" usually gets a listen from me, until I can't take anymore (Which has never been longer than a song and a half)

Each to their own though :)

DethronedEmperor23's picture

I like every metal genre really, only ones I still can't get into is prog metal.

Tico Tyrant's picture

Stay metal-- infernal 667 Boner haiiiiilz
That aside.... Well, I just can't get into black metal or atmospheric black metal, first wave-- experimental, orthodox......
NONE of if is any good or makes sense! .....

...I may be playing patsy for the truth of my tastes, so sue me!

Tico Tyrant's picture

Only kidding of course -- In all seriousness, aside from a few, "progressive" metal is quite cringe worthy

Hárbarðr's picture

Yes! most progressive metal doesn't do anything for me, many bands just sound boring and pretentious, and i really don't get the whole "look at us, we're so artistic, different and original" thing.

Tico Tyrant's picture

"look at us, we're so artistic" + 1

I think a lot of progressive metal ends up sounding too polished and feels like a robot or machine is doing all of the work. I'll take a band that's creative and writes genuine music over technicality any day.

Tico Tyrant's picture

+1 I mean, this thread doesn't need to go on too much longer, but the last band that sort of played around with that concept, that I thought was truly captivating, was Crimson Glory...and they're not even really a progressive band...I sort of like Scale the Summit, but I'd sooner turn on Nocturnal Graves, Raven or something :s

2hobos1box's picture

Can't stand power metal and stupid Manowar.

PForx's picture

Stuff I don't like:
Most power metal
Gothic metal
Nu metal
Symphonic metal
Metalcore
Deathcore
Industrial metal
Glam and glam-ish bands like WASP (Seriously, fuck that shit)
Djent
Modern death metal and slam death/brutal death
Groove Metal (FUCK PANTERA)
Of course there are exceptions within most of these, but generally these things suck.

+666

TheSomberlain1995's picture

well, no genre in general except all that core trash (which i don't even count as metal) but there are some bands:
Venom (sounds like fucking garbage metal with a childish attitude. i'm always embarrased when i listen to them)
Iron Maiden (sounds monotonous and powerless to me and i don't like the vocals)
Slayer (sounds just generic and normal to me)
Mercyful Fate (can't stand the vocals)
i don't know why these bands are so hyped. is it just because they invented some genres?
now go on and hate me :P

I get bored of Iron Maiden too after a while, truly over-hyped.

R.J.'s picture

Slayer sounds "generic and normal" to you because you discovered the clones and bands heavily influenced by Slayer before you had a chance to listen to the original. I guarantee you, there was nothing "generic" about Slayer back in the early 80s (same goes for the other bands you listed). Shit like this is why so many people look down upon younger metalheads; they have no historical context and go around making arrogant statements such as these. Not that I was around in the 80s either, but I at least make an attempt to do some research.

Joel's picture

I can relate to the same kind of thing. Back in high school, I owned a copy of Stained Class on CD and I felt the same way about that album at the time. Then I eventually discovered that album's excellence, influence, and significance and now I'm putting a Stained Class BP on my vest.

You use a SW pic as your avatar yet you don't like essential bands like MF, IM, Slayer or Venom?!? Did you discovered metal through Youtube 6 months ago?

TheSomberlain1995's picture

No, i actually listen to metal since i am 10 years old...
but i could never get into those "essential" bands
i liked iron maiden back in the days but not anymore
problem?

gizter's picture

honestly, it took me some time to get into Iron Maiden and Venom, now i love them.. since i got into metal throught death metal i didn't like Bruce's vocals at first (now i am bored of most DM vocals). and i just got a bad album from Venom at first, so i didn't feel like looking into them more, until i listenend to Welcome To Hell much later.
still don't care to much for Slayer. i do like them, but far from the best band i ever heard.
and never cared for Mercifull Fate.

also only recently been getting onto Judas Priest, and never liked Motorhead nor care for Metalica and Anthrax.

i have to say i did lough it your post, becouse i knew people would react this way :)

Yes I would say you DO have a problem!

Tico Tyrant's picture

HAHAHA also good one on the SW comment, this is entertaining

Tico Tyrant's picture

sadly, I think is the case for a lot now :o

toxik's picture

Slamming Brutal Death metal,
I absolutely love Death metal (it's my fav genre in the world) but the slam stuff sound is garbage IMO The Vocals sound like a fuckin Frog Burping and every song sounds the same in terms of guitar it's the same riffs and the same speed over and over again and it it doesn't make them look Brutal, it only makes them look like a few retarded douchebags,

JUANTHRASH's picture

This going to be a rather unpopular post, but I do not like Black,Death,Power (Except for its Thrashier begginings like Iced Earth),Core stuff (except for the original Hardcore punk),Glam,Groove,Symphonic (bands like Epica or Nightwish)Djent (if that is even a real sub-genre) and Nu-Metal. I have not listened to Folk Metal, so no opinions about it. I think I am leaving some out.

J.j. Ratte's picture

I only listen to oldschool: Death metal, Thrash Metal, Grindcore, Black Metal, Heavy Metal and Speed Metal. The rest is no Metal to me. User PForx made an awesome list about shitholegenre's who calls itself Metal, but ISN'T!! I hate those people with Bullet From My Valentine shirts and wanna talk to me only because I wear a Bolt Thrower shirt...... "Hi dude, do you like metal?"........... NO, FUCK OFF! Hahahaha!

PForx's picture

Woah, calm down a bit there. I still consider the genres I listed metal, I just don't particularily like them.

J.j. Ratte's picture

I think I understood you perfectly buddy, the list you mentoined is an awesome list by subgenres I don't like eighter :) I abolutely did understand you buddy. It's just something positive about you I was trying to say, nothing bad at all ;) I think you and mentoined the same thing :) Cheers

PS: what I said was that you named genre's (and ofcourse I know you don't like them) but the people who make that kind of music calls itself Metal. SO absolutely nothing against you.

PForx's picture

Alright then, no hard feelings.

J.j. Ratte's picture

Awesome, hope you understood my first comment ;) Cheers

Agree with you a 100%. If you're a false don't entry!!!

Nater90's picture

Damn shits getting intense I'm going to grab popcorn.....If I ate it

In my own personal opinion! At the end of the day it will always be an each to their own thing, If one does not like another persons taste then who gives a rats ass! Haha!

My Dad is open minded when it comes to music but can't stand my brutal as fuck stuff IE: Grindcore, Black Metal, Death Metal, etc etc, So....I take this piss and crank it and mosh at him and sing a long using "Growls" and he just laughs.

PForx's picture

My dad listens to older stuff like Black Sabbath, and he doesn't mind more extreme music. When I play black metal in the car he seems to be enjoying it to some degree, though I usually play melodic stuff like Windir or Enslaved, so I don't know how he'd react to more "brvtal" stuff.

Nater90's picture

Nice! I cranked up Anal Cunt for my Dad one day he didn't know what to say.

Nater90's picture

I've gotten my Dad into Kamelot, Blind Guardian, HammerFall, and Alestorm so far!

Taikon's picture

I somehow managed to get my mother into some really odd mix of bands like early Satarial, Impaled Nazarene and a bunch of power metal bands (Edguy, Stratovarius, Metalium and Angra mostly). Her all-time favourite band is still Rammstein, though.

Nater90's picture

Awesome! Oh yeah I got my Dad into Rammstein to, He thinks their pretty wicked.

Taikon's picture

My dad is very traditional when it comes to that kind of music.. Rolling Stones and Black Sabbath mainly. Although he seems to enjoy sending me Obscene Extreme videos every once in a while. I don't even know how he finds them.

gizter's picture

but OEF videos are pretty funny indeed :)

Tico Tyrant's picture

but being into Alestorm is very toxic to one's health !

Nater90's picture

Very true, I sink a few Rums when I see them, My mate interviewed Chris Bowes just the other day, Was wicked!

Tico Tyrant's picture

aha...well, I guess that's all right-- I meant it's toxic more along the lines of " The music Alestorm or any 'pirate band' make, can actually damage one's health from being so awful " but we'll go with the booze comment

Tico Tyrant's picture

Running Wild is better

Nater90's picture

Its a fun environment and atmosphere the fun pirate themed music makes well...fun! Running Wild do have some killer tracks and what not, But the chances of them coming to Australia are fucking slim which sucks balls!

DamageIncDEB's picture

That symphonic shit, and a decent amount of shred metal. And whatever in the fuck you'd call that babymetal band, not metal as far as I'm concerned but I'm sure a lot of people would argue with me about that

Mons_Lupus's picture

I could never get into super synth-y goth metal. Eternal "woe is me" "love is killing me" bullshit that sounds like a mix between type o Negative+The Cure+a trust fund to buy all that shitty clothing.

Stathis's picture

I' ll right down the things I like because it is much shorter.
Old school black/ death /thrash mostly demo's and stuff up to mid-90's.
Heavy, Speed and some Power in the likes of Jag Panzer, Helstar, Liege Lord, Omen etc

Everything else tries to sound metal but it really is not, at least to my ears.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

I find Black Metal and this new Hippie Doom stuff horrible.

Tico Tyrant's picture

could care less about the opinions on black metal, but what's hippie Doom? please tell me that's not Ahab
more like Electric Wizard? or :s yeah, tell me, I'm curious ! :)

Heavy Mental Maniac's picture

I won't go yelling every single subgenre I don't like but probably the worst things are "adult/intellectual metal" and all of these "ultra brutal slam technical death metal" shit.

Croby's picture

black metal (and every black metal subgenre except death/black and black/thrash mix).

nemain's picture

The list gets shorter as I get older, perhaps because I'm becoming a lot more laidback. Or maybe because in the age of the internet we're not having to sift through magazines and weekly radio shows/programmes and watch every damn band of every genre in the hope that something we like turns up, and can therefore avoid a lot of rubbish. I dunno. Anyway, I'm not too wild about:

Symphonic [whatever subgenre of a genre]. This especially applies to Symphonic BM.
'Industrial' Metal
Deathcore
That Genre Where All The Bands Have Too Much Hair Product, Calligraphic Tattoos And Black/Red Smudgy Eyeliner (I don't know its proper name but it's horrible)
Nu Metal
Rap Metal (although I still get nostalgic when I hear Clawfinger, even though I wasn't into them)
Gothic Metal

Tico Tyrant's picture

"too much hair product"
ahaha I think there's some kind of EDM/ metal infused scene here with rave goth heads or something, Idk...they just dress like that and try to spin metal sets over weird screaming and kawaii beats

dubtribe's picture

I don't like Bad-Metal & Bad-Rock !!! ... worst music ever ;)

LikkedbyDeath's picture

Ooh, this is fun. Wish you guys would've elaborated on each disliked subgenre a bit more though.
The first few subgenres that come to mind when I think about subgenres I can't get into:

Most modern Death Metal and its associated sub-subgenres - ie. tech death, melodeath, new progressive death, new death/thrash:
Death metal for me should evoke images of death and filth and despair (a la Vasaeleth, since we're talking newer DM) and a large number of modern DM bands forgo this atmosphere in favor of a cleaner (and to me, sterile, clinical and generally unpleasant) production which allows the band to showcase their technical skills, etc. It's generic and feels inauthentic. Accepting inauthenticity in metal is degenerative to the entire genre imo, since it was established on a foundation reactionary to the 'everything will be alright' hippie bullshit at the time.
Case in point: Arsis

Symphonic/Gothic Metal: I don't think melodious female voices belong in metal, and especially dislike the 'beauty and the beast' thing many bands have got going on. I regard metal as a masculine genre and layering an operatic or even poppy female voice over a background of metal-lite (to cater to the female voice) is so un-metal in itself... metal is simply too aggressive a background for (normal) female singing.
Case in point: Epica

perkele's picture

Most EURO-Powermetal and Symphonic & most war&depressive BM.

577,147 items in the gallery, 883,690 comments, and 655 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• any chance you'd sell?
  • any chance you'd sell?
  • any chance you'd sell?
  • Five flames for Burzum, but this is not the Aske EP.
  • Such a pity, but better luck next time. I don't have anything planned yet, but I really liked the place a lot.
  • Oh damn. That would have been really nice talking to you man!
  • Mate...No way it was you 🤣 I was there as well man.
  • danke!
  • That's true and you've been there too? Wtf? Why didn't you say a word?
  • Sick
  • Mate...Don't tell me that yesterday you went to the Oberhausen gig, and were wearing a battle jacket with a Donning
  • War eine verdammt geile Show 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🍺🍺🍺
  • I'm afraid to upload my main vest. It's got Angry Aryans on the back. It might catch me a ban... haha.
  • very nice
  • THX!
  • Indeed! This and Tapping are my faves! Hope you finde it! THX