TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Slayer's new song "Implode"

Beastial Adoration
Thu, 24/04/2014 - 18:21

From the official Slayer Facebook: "Hey, Mutherfuckers - You have been waiting for us, now we are delivering for you. We’ve got a brand new song - “Implode” - it’s Slayer's first new song since “World Painted Blood” was released back in 2009 - and we want you guys to hear it, so we’re giving it away for free. All you have to do is go slayer.net/implode, enter your email address and we’ll send you the download link. We’re writing and recording more new music, so keep coming back here and we’ll tell you how it’s going. And hey, we’re hitting the road next month with Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus - WE WANT TO FUCKING SEE YOU THERE!"

Ne Song "Implode": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBG1WLxlQ9M

maidenfan620's picture

I liked it. Although I feel like the drums were a little... thin?

ThrashMetal1983's picture

It's not bad, I like it! New Slayer is always good, but please get Lombardo back in the band...anyway good song.

thrashing_death's picture

Thought it was a little bland, and Tom's voice sounds really terrible IMO.

thrashing_death's picture

Hmmm, I should say, during the intro/verses his voice sounds fine, but when he does his yells during the chorus it just sounds... awful. Understandable though I guess since he's been doing that for over 30 years. Instrument wise, its not too bad. Some solid riffs. Sounds like same ol' Slayer.

DeathRipper's picture

Agree with DoctorDeath, very Divine era sounding.

MonoWhisper763's picture

I knew that they had a new song! They played it last night at the Golden Gods Award, and I was pretty stunned. It's a good thing a studio version was released. Song is pretty great

oldmate's picture

I am not the biggest slayer fan in the world, but I really like it....

Nater90's picture

I like it, Its a good track but not a great track but its Slayer it will be a good album for sure I reckon.

OSDMNICHOLAS's picture

the intro was kinda mehh....i was so close to changing it, almost felt like it was going to keep going with that riff and be a groove song...but it got fast and good. its not bad actually!

SAATANANVITTU's picture

To be very honest, I don't even want to hear it...

Evilution E5150's picture

Gary Holt is gonna make slayer rad again!

eduslayer's picture

No Hanneman ..... No Slayer sound.

Cannibal Lecter's picture

I liked it

alla2465's picture

I think it sounds horrible...

almostwilt's picture

well then, that was shitty.

BlueDemon's picture

I liked it! \m/

nwobhmbanger's picture

What is this band that's calling themselves "Slayer"? In other words, no, I didn't like it.

DevilzForce's picture

the beginning is terrible, but it kinda redeems itself during the remainder of the song.... still bland as fuck in general though....

VoiceOfTheSoul's picture

I'm interested to see how bad this new record is, it seems the more KK music credits the worse the Slayer album (other than maybe 1-2 exceptions)

As for the song,
The first part is pretty weak
The guitar tone really sucks (That chug-a-luggy guitar sound I absolutely hate)
Tom's screams seem to be getting weaker
The riffs aren't very interesting or impressive, just mediocre

DevilzForce's picture

you can definately tell that kerry wrote the music... and regarding to tom.... TOM IS GETTING OLD and has terrible vocal technique, that's why he can't do it anymore like he used to do...

Zoervleisj's picture

dont like the song but to be honest not a fan of the albums after Divine intervention

TheSomberlain1995's picture

sounds like crap to me...

EvilPriest's picture

It sounds like an offtake from Diabolus in Musica for me...

judascrust's picture

really surprised anyone cares about slayer anymore; they made a few good albums in the 80's and no one can deny the impact those albums had on the development of extreme metal but I think they lost their fire a long, long time ago, they really ought to hang it up.

alla2465's picture

+1 could not agree anymore.

Rotten's picture

Sounds like left over riffs from world panted blood - or a song that didn't make the cut for that album.

Black Vomit's picture

It's average at best, once it gets going. Tom sounds like he's rapping a bit to me.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Not to impressed :(

Ice Grave's picture

At first I wasn't that into it but it definitely grew on me. SLAYER

571,280 items in the gallery, 881,445 comments, and 553 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments