TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

Size matters

Frost_and_fire
Sat, 02/05/2015 - 11:02

Hi guys,

I have various copies of the 1986 original somewhere in time patch of Iron Maiden. However, despite the fact that they look exactly the same, one is slightly longer than the other.

The size of one is 12cm x 9cm and the other is 8.5cm x 10cm.

Picture: http://postimg.org/image/uiiu15wv1/

Anybody has any clue?

I know they are not bootleg because the person I got the patches from had a shop in the early 90s and those patches were his and also it's printed at the back "made in england".

Please, share your thoughts!!!

doomtilldeath's picture

The one on the left is probably misprinted. Look at the gaps between the threads.

Greaserjlg's picture

I didn't think this was going to be about patches haha, but what doomtilldeath said.

oldmate's picture

I have both these patches. I just think it was the same machine, just set up slightly different. the longer one being a mistake.

If you look at the re bordered patch of the same, it is the smaller size

Yngwie Mangosteen's picture

That will make it to the limited edition list!
. I dun think it really matters...I have 2 eaten back to life patches one long and the other one shorter..

Yngwie Mangosteen's picture

Also kreator

Frost_and_fire's picture

Thank you for your replies guys. I also imagined the same but wanted to share some thoughts!

Rotten's picture

Probably made in different zones - one in Europe, one in the US. 2 different companies with licensing rights for merchandising. I dnt think it's a mistake. You see here often the same patch with indifferences.

gizter's picture
576,765 items in the gallery, 883,567 comments, and 653 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments