TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Question for the Vinyl experts

Austin
Fri, 26/12/2014 - 07:38

So I recently got a Sony PS-LX300 USB turntable for christmas. Now this is the first turntable I've ever owned, so I'm a complete noob when it comes to vinyl. Anyways, I spun a couple records on it, and every album I tried to listen to sounded slightly higher-pitched then what I'm used to, and it's bugging the shit out of me. For example, I played DEATH's Spiritual Healing, and it seemed higher pitched then the CD version. I know I have my turntable set to the right speed, so why do all my records sound this way?

astr0's picture

Higher ptiched - you mean it plays faster than it should? If you're not sure, just measure the time, the song's length and compare it to the CD version.
Maybe the player in itself is not correctly adjusted, the way it came out of the factory. No idead though, how to fix that, when it doesn't have a pitch control.

slayerslayer's picture

not sure. seems strange.
are you sure it isnt the amplifier that your running it into? can you modify those tone settings? .
also, i have been running a PS-LX250H (model without a usb connexion) for a couple of years now, and these sony's are great budget record players!.

meaningless's picture

i agree with astr0 ...u have set up the correct speed to play the Vinyl (33 1/2 or 45)..and it always sound like the Vinyl would be played faster then it should - it could be a problem from factory-side ...maybe u have to send it back for repair. ...
(strange problem..i had 5 record player so far in my life..but never had this problem)

gizter's picture

i have heard this problem comming form some Akai players who also have the USB thing.

meaningless's picture

hm...interesting..., IF that is true..good that i bought one without the USB port..hahaha ;)

gizter's picture

its not fixable with the Amplifier settings? did correctly connect the record player to the phono slot? if you dont it might also have some slight impact on the sound.
hope you can fix it.

slant's picture

first you/we need to know is it pitch?(to fast/slow) or to "trebley"sound quality? check your line/phono switch is correct on the back. check belt tension/cond........if it is going to fast , the pitch control will have to be adjusted on the circuit board, since it has no manual pitch control slider/knob.

Austin's picture

Well I checked the Line/Phono switch and I had it on the right setting, but I noticed the belt was twisted. I straightened the belt and it still sounds the way it did before. I currently have my turntable hooked up to my mixer, but Im gonna try to connect it to something else and see if that is the issue.

576,765 items in the gallery, 883,567 comments, and 653 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments