TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Offensive bands?

Cthulhu1999
Wed, 11/11/2015 - 03:33

What do you think of offensive bands? Personally I don't mind them but what do you think? Are there any bands that take it too far?

SpineSplitter666's picture

I find nothing offensive. But the most offensive metal bands would be probably Anal Cunt xD fucking Seth Putnam man. I've encountered some black metal/power electronics though called Nicole 12. It's pedophilia related. Also, on my record label Depressive Illusions, there's a lot of neo nazi bands, and that always doesn't necessarily get a lot of smiles. I find nothing that offensive though. I just try to be chill (: just enjoying the music

Cthulhu1999's picture

I agree, I love offensive things. an example would be G.G. Allin. The best is taking my sister to her Christian school playing Ghost with the windows rolled down.

Hell yeah, GG and Ghost are both great (:

DisgustingSemla's picture

I thought Depressive Illusions was Ukrainian?

Liberator's picture

It is Ukranian and run by Sergiy. Don't what this guy means by "My record label Depressive Illusions"

When I say my label, I just mean I'm on the label. I keep in touch with Sergiy often and he's an awesome guy. My band is Death In Eden and I have plans to perform on splits with Saturn Form Essence and 1389 in the future. I'm not saying it's MY label lol, just what I'm on. And Nicole 12, I'm just saying it's offensive to an outsider looking in. Like, say you just stumbled upon the band. An outsider would deem that offensive you know what I'm saying?

Also, I have a Facebook page for the band, and I have a single released on the various artist album Lunar Mist on the Depressive Illusions bandcamp page (: Sergiy even made my logo. Awesome guy. I was in no way saying it was MY label haha. Just where I proudly reside at the moment, and hopefully for a long time. I'm extremely comfortable around all of the great acts on DIR

So yeah, if anyone cares, the single is called Ethereal Equinoxes by Death In Eden on the Lunar Mist Compilation on Depressive Illusions bandcamp page (:

Liberator's picture

Hey man thanks for clearing that up. I was almost on that label once, but decided to not go with them. I'll check out your stuff later tonight.

Liberator's picture

Nicole 12 is not pedophilia related. It may appear so and if you read some of the lyrics, it may very well come across as such, but there's a more interesting answer to the themes of Nicole 12. If you think Nicole 12 is offensive, dig deeper in the noise scene and you'd find plenty of 'vile' material.

I mentioned Nicole 12 in the above comment (:

And I personally love Nicole 12. Mikko has a lot of great bands

Liberator's picture

Yes, Mikko has some interesting stuff. I'll post some actual offensive bands later I guess!!

DraconianStark666's picture

http://faglordandthefaggets.bandcamp.com/
Not metal but definitely A.C. inspired

meaningless's picture

Nicole 12..haha..hard to believe some1 will buy it because of their music..., after reading ur discription i was listen to it...not rly what i call 'music'..haha..but every1's taste, right :)

judascrust's picture

I don't believe that any kind of art can be taken "too far", no artist/musician should compromise themselves or their expression just to appeal to a wider audience.
I do like some bands that go out of their way to be offensive though, bands like anal cunt, meat shits or vaginal jesus, they're so vile and over the top I can't see how anyone would take them seriously anyway.

Cthulhu1999's picture

I feel that it is no different than any other art, I'm not so gun-ho on neo nazi stuff but to each there own.

joecubbie's picture

I'm not offended by shit but if I were to make an "offensive" playlist (bands or acts considered offensive by the majority of people), it would look something like this...

Anal Cunt
G.G. Allin
Rotting Christ
Macabre
Ted Nugent
Deicide
Cradle of Filth
Ghost B.C.
Mayhem
Cannibal Corpse
Eyehategod
Burzum

DisgustingSemla's picture

-

joecubbie's picture

People wouldn't be so much offended by Burzum's music as opposed to his lifestyle, views, and past actions. That's the main reason he's on the list.

hateandwhiskey's picture

Ha Ha!! Deadly Tedly would be suprised to see his name on that list!!

Axeman's picture

Haha, I will say my very religious grandmother does NOT like black metal, death metal, or anything I listen to. Especially Possesed and CC.

Nater90's picture

If you get offended your listening to the wrong type of music go listen to Pop or something and quit crying.

Cthulhu1999's picture

Exactly, that's why so me metal is not in the mainstream it's not meant to be.

Nater90's picture

Indeed, Some of it that does become mainstream gets an alternate version made anyway.

DeathByMetalAustralia's picture

Nothing wrong with offensive bands. But there is a fine line between offensive and out right stupid.

stenchcore massive's picture

"And to be honest, NSBM and RAC are probably the only creative, non violent outlets these people have, would probably do way more harm than good to prohibit it."

I dont think its harmless though, i mean they might not be physically harming anyone with their music, but music is always a form of propaganda wether its for political or egotistical reasons, so if your bands message is racist, and whilst not necesarilly violent, often promoting violence (genocide etc) and people are gonna buy into it, or seek it out if they're already into the "theme" of the album.

its not just "nazis making music" its "nazis making nazi music for nazis" so its still a part of the bigger problem.

PForx's picture

Depends what you mean. I like things like S.O.D., Mentors, Carnivore, etc. But I don't listen to NSBM or nazi punk or whatever.

judascrust's picture

As long as we're talking about offensive bands, maybe we ought to include miley cyrus? She twerked her ass on an awards show for 5 minutes and probably offended more people than all nsbm & hatecore bands combined so who's really pushing the envelope haha varg vikernes and rob darken ain't got nothing compared to miley's asshole lol

Cthulhu1999's picture

That is what we should be fighting to censor.

Benjahmin's picture

Disturbed and those stupid chin hooks are offensive.

+1

ToxikAssault's picture

Depends. I tend to avoid bands that radically differ from my views, but I'm fine with band that are politically incorrect for the sake of being offensive. I don't care if you make songs about mass killings or whatever as long as you don't really mean it. I really dislike it when some bands take themselves wayyy too seriously. I mean, c'mon, you're dressed up in silly clown facepaint and then expect me to take you seriously when you make some political statements? C'mon now. Do I really want to take someone called goat-ass-butcher-666-gorgonzola-throth seriously?

wolfskrieger's picture

I am not here to rant about my political views, but I couldn't careless for feminism and political correctness. The one thing I see these days and when I used to frequent lastfm is that I see non-whites, homosexuals, feminist and the like listening to NSBM and white power metal bands and complain about nazis, racism, and white power, but I want to ask them if they don't see how stupid they sound and how they seem to be hypocrites and seem like self hating morons supporting something not meant for them or something that goes against what they believe in? I just don't understand how stupid anyone sounds when they talk about how they hate nazis and racism, but yet listen to NSBM and they say good music, but I don't support them and fuck nazis and racism. Their excuse is "I can listen to whatever I want !!!" They just sound like a bunch of imbeciles. I don't care for feminism or political correctness. I just wanted to post my opinion on this issue.

Cthulhu1999's picture

Yes, if you don't like it avoid it.

zmanzman1's picture

Offensive bands are great especially Anal Cunt.

wolfskrieger's picture

I also forgot to add a little comment about the previous comment I made about the idiots that I mentioned in my previous comment. Somehow they think that being anti-racist and listening to NSBM and white power makes it okay for them to listen to those bands because they're anti-racist, against nazis and white power. Does this logic make sense?

Yoschi29's picture

I would separate between bands that are offensive against sth. as an protest (maybe like the punk scene or e.g. many thrash bands) and bands that are just... intolerant (maybe there is a better word for that) with their music and/or their opinion (NSBM and Burzum e.g.).
I absolutely like the first type of bands and their music. If Carnivore sing about a "Jesus-Hitler" - I like that because I think no one with a normal human-thinking would ever like to see this in real.
But if a band like e.g. Landser (for the non-Germans: a forbidden nazi-metal band) sings about the Second World War and the Nazi-thinking in a positive way, I really couldn't tolerate this if the music would be played in a club or at a party.
I would also never listen or support a band that clearly has songs about themes like this and would appreciate war e.g.. Because with that it's IMO the same with terrorists: as long as you give them something where they can send their messages to, they are satisfied with what they do.

Yoschi29's picture

I Said "Music and/or opinion". And Varg's racist opinion on the world is... yeah, like shit IMO.

Yoschi29's picture

Haha, well said. :D

Turkey-man's picture

So, you wear camo pants, bullet belt, listen to a lot of bands that sing about war and say you " would also never listen or support a band that clearly has songs about themes like this and would appreciate war". How so?

satanachist's picture

poison

satanachist's picture

and other similar lame glam bands

imfan1975's picture

+1 fuck those shit bands they care more about how they look than fuckin metal what a bunch of pussies

KevinReynolds1223's picture

I'd have to say Nunslaughter, Mercyful fate, The Mentors, Gwar, Steel Panther and or G.G Allin

severin-severin's picture

Brainbombs is pretty offensive, just based off of lyrics.

Regd's picture

Some people may find Grinded Nig offensive.

BlackMetalHailey's picture

Allowing yourself to be offended by something is allowing someone else to control your emotions, I don't understand people who constantly bitch about being offended then go and try to have things censored. Censorship is for those who need their emotions managed by someone else. If you think something should be censored because you consider it "problematic", then consider yourself pathetic.

Smartest thing I've read in a while.

Regd's picture

Completely agree.

Cthulhu1999's picture

+1

Cthulhu1999's picture

I agree, I'm quite far-left. The problem is when society becomes to PC we start to censor ourselves.

BlackMetalHailey's picture

What I don't understand is why they feel like they need to do that, for instance when a speaker they don't like comes to their University they'll set up "safe spaces". Why get together? That's something I just don't understand, if you're so distressed why get into a group like that? Why not stay home?

I don't understand why they feel as though they're so entitled to a "safe space" you'll see feminist make "women only" groups yet when a group of men wish to get together to discuss male suicide , feminist go bitch and have it shut down.

Does anybody else see this in their country?

Nater90's picture

Yeah Australia has problems with similar things, Shit gets deemed sexist and what not, Is bullshit.

vomitoxic's picture

Thank you! You got the words that I was thinking.

Nater90's picture

Well said Hailey.

NocturnalOccultist's picture

Pantera..... right after cowboys from hell, things going a little further for themselves and such

Offensive bands as everyone mention above is just about getting attention or should i say "to piss people off" kinda thing.
like I do listen to some songs that is offensive to the lgbtq community ,any types of race, society, and obviously religion and i don't give a shit because its all about music not lifestyle.

If you listen to it very seriously for the lifestyle then you become a radicalized elitist prick y'know what i mean.

Odiumediae's picture

Being or getting offended seems to have become a popular hobby, mainly in the US, lately – and that's fucking dumb.

I never get sad or offended. I get angry a lot, because of things that directly affect me, *because* they directly affect me. Why would I give a flying rat's ass in sauce béarnaise about idiots being idiots or saying idiotic things, if it doesn't change my life? About the only thing that ,offends’ me are people who are always offended, because it's getting old, annoying and tiring.

– You a re a dude who likes sucking cock? – Fine with me.
– You like to beat off to ugly women in leather that tell you you're worthless? – Knock yourself out.
– You like to swear a lot and use *cough* "God's" name in vain? – Fucking right.
– Drugs are your life and destroy it at the same time? – I don't care.
– You're racist, a paedophile, a mysoginist or misandrist, mass murderer, serial killer, fucked my mother because she liked it? – Do what you want or need, just don't get in MY way and we're fine.

As long as you don't try to tell me what to do I'm not going to mingle in your business.

It's as easy as that.

hateandwhiskey's picture

Yes, hate to see how obvious it must have become worldwide now. America is becoming full of whiny cry-baby pussies. People can't seem to wait until a peer says something stupid in a drunken fervor so they can line up to say "Boo on you, Them not me!" and shit all over them until they are ruined for life. Take Phil Anselmo for example. He may be a drunk hillbilly with a shitty sense of humor, but nothing he says has any effect on me.

jeremiebad7's picture

Cock and ball torture
Spasm
Anal Cunt

Faber's picture

Stryper.

VoodooChild's picture

hahah this!^

Blüdrayne's picture

I don't get it. We're going to hell with the devil. That's where the good music is.

Razmachine's picture

You have the right to be offended, you don't have to right to not be offended. Never understood how anyone could be offended by any kind of art form.
I see GG Allin and Anal Cunt have been mentioned. Don't forget about The Mentors!

Odiumediae's picture

"You have the right to be offended, you don't have to right to not be offended." Unfortunately, many people think that. It should be the other way around. Or at least: "You have the right to mind your own fucking business."

576,976 items in the gallery, 883,644 comments, and 659 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments