TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

New Iron Maiden Studio Album “THE BOOK OF SOULS”

Doktor Kananga
Thu, 18/06/2015 - 19:09

Release-Date: September the 4th

Double-CD with 90 Minutes of fresh Maiden Mayhem :-)

Love the new "Baron Samedi" Eddie. Can´t wait for shirts! :-)

Tour next year!

Check it out:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/new-iron-maiden-studio-album-the-book-of-souls...

Oldschool's picture

wonderful, any samples out yet?

cambotero's picture

the album cover needs mor details, too much black spots for a maiden cover and the second disc every song has a "of" in it looks funny. but we'll see if its good album or what. i hope it will be better than the last one.

whiteravenmetal's picture

Prog overdose here we go.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Really looking forward to it and i`m sure it will be a great record as always :)!

Doktor Kananga's picture

My opinion about the cover:
The reason I really like the new artwork is the simple fact that we get a classic Eddie after the "Thing" that was featured on the cover of The Final Frontier...
Simply feels more like "back to the roots" for me. With a Voodoo-twist :-)))))))))))))))

I think Eddie is cool but i miss something in the background, to bad it`s all black.

meaningless's picture

yeah..its a step forward in the right direction again..indeed.., the final frontier cover was ...dont find words for it..not in english and not in german..hahaha..
but sadly..still far away from their great cover-artworks they had in the past...

welgrrr's picture

Like the artwork because its very simple,and the new eddie looks killer
Im really looking foward to some serious maiden madness in 2016!!!!!!!!

UP THE IRONS!!!!!

Ysidro's picture

Did you notice it is THE OLD logo gain? They cut off the lower parts since Virtual XI.
I summon this is a good omen.

meaningless's picture

i count on ur omen :D

nuclearthrasher666's picture

1) Nice artwork, but it's very simple for Maiden's standarts. REALLY liked that the old school logo is back
2) Looking at the song list I think it's going to be an "prog" overkill ( not in the good way). 18 minutes songs are only for funeral doom metal bands not for Maiden !

oldmate's picture

what do you mean old school logo ?

Check out the R , M and N`s and compare them to the logo on Virtual XI up to Final Frontier :).
Same kind of logo used from the first album uptil Fear of The Dark.

oldmate's picture

took me awhile to work that out... haha

oldmate's picture

I think the art looks really good!! quite excited to hear this.

quixotic's picture

How do you like the new Single "Speed of Light"??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7A24f6gNc
http://www.muzu.tv/iron-maiden/speed-of-light-music-video/2471161/

The first riffs remind me of Guns 'n Roses and I think Bruce's vocals aren't that strong on this one, but all in all a typical and good Maiden song and in three weeks we will all hear "Empire of the Clouds" for hours!

Doktor Kananga's picture

I only listened to the song once today in the office, so perhaps my opinion will change in the next days ;-))))))))
But I like what I´m hearing here. In my opinion, Bruce sounds very strong on this one.
In the past, the first single wasn´t always the best track of the album (Wildest Dreams), so I´m hoping for some face melting when the whole records sees the Speed.....ähhhhhhh, the day of light. ;-))))))))))))))

meaningless's picture

same goes for 'El Dorado' ..not only 'Wildest dreams' ..imo..
Best song - imo - on Final Frontier was 'Where the wild wind blow´s' ..just btw..haha..sorry..had to say that :P
the track sounds pretty good - Speed of light' ...nice...and i like the video..lol

oldmate's picture

I quite like the track and clip

Nater90's picture

Was a cool track, The clip was pretty bad ass! I will buy the album when it comes out.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

that's the spirit!

nwobhmbanger's picture

Boring old man rock. Next.

Doktor Kananga's picture

IRON MAIDEN, whose new studio album The Book of Souls, their first for 5 years, will be released worldwide next week on Sept 4, are taking touring to a new level using a Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet (aka Queen of the Skies) for their World Tour next year. Vocalist Bruce Dickinson is currently in training for his licence to fly the massive four engine jet, which is almost twice the size and over three times the weight of the Boeing 757 used on previous tours in 2008/9/11 (see the comparison grid below of the Evolution of Ed Force One). The new Ed Force One will take the band, crew and over 12 tons of equipment more than 55,000 miles (88,500km) around the planet with concerts in six of the seven continents (Australasia, Asia, North and South America, Africa and Europe) with The Book of Souls World Tour 2016 expected to visit around 35 countries.

Details of the precise schedule are currently being finalised and we will commence announcements of specific dates for the different territories in a few weeks’ time. However we can reveal that The Book Of Souls World Tour will open in the U.S.A in late February with Ed Force One flying in for three shows before, in early March, heading into Central America visiting MEXICO, followed by a much anticipated first ever concert in EL SALVADOR and a return to COSTA RICA. Ed Force One then proceeds into South America for concerts in ARGENTINA, CHILE and a number of shows in BRAZIL before flying back to the USA at the end of March for ten more cities covering the USA and, of course, CANADA in the first two weeks of April.

A long awaited return to JAPAN follows later in April, and then the band are delighted to be playing their first ever shows in CHINA before heading to NEW ZEALAND and AUSTRALIA for a comprehensive tour during the first half of May. Shows in SOUTH AFRICA, Maiden’s first visit there with Bruce, will be the last port of call before Ed Force One heads to EUROPE for a very extensive tour starting in late May and finishing in early August. This will the first time Ed Force One has ever been used on any European Tour dates (other than Bruce’s Fan Club trips to shows) and will provide transport there for at least for the first few weeks.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/iron-maiden-and-the-book-of-souls-go-jumbo-on-...