TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > TShirt Talk

My video tour of El Chopo, Mexico City's weekly heavy metal flea market

mexicanuck
Mon, 21/04/2014 - 16:39

Took this this past Saturday. And within minutes of starting it, a guy asked me if I was from tshirtslayer! Didn't catch the guy's name (and I still can't when he says it in the video), but I'm sure he'll see this, so hello!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbiaKboM1-Y

TheePhilosopher's picture

Awesome video!

mexicanuck's picture

Right on, thanks!

joecubbie's picture

Tha is amazing.

Antonio's picture

Another great video, man; El Chopo, reign of the bootleg of everything ; I still remember the funny Obama/Maiden shirt in your previous report.

mexicanuck's picture

Yep, I remember that one! Actually, I was looking for a particular, Mexican-themed Iron Maiden shirt at El Chopo that I saw when they were here in September, but not only did I not see it, I didn't see ANY of the Mexican-themed ones they were selling at the show. Same goes for any other bands. There are thousands left from every show that comes through here, and I have no idea where they all go. You'd think El Chopo would be the place.

Antonio's picture

Following your advice, I tried to find it on El Chopo web site or via Ebay, but did'nt find anything like that shirt.

mexicanuck's picture

Ha, I didn't even know they had a website!

Antonio's picture
PForx's picture

Holy shit that is fucking awesome. I wish we had something like that over here.

DamageIncDEB's picture

I see a roadtrip to Mexico City in my future, good thing I'm closer than most and in Florida!

mexicanuck's picture

El Chopo should be the second reason to visit here, first being the food!

slayerslayer's picture

Great video! thanks for showing.

mexicanuck's picture

Anytime!

DeathRipper's picture

I might have to head down there someday.

almostwilt's picture

These videos are always enjoyable, keep them up.
And the dude said his username is OldSchoolBear

mexicanuck's picture

Ahhh, you're right. It sounds like OldSchoolBeer!

mexicanuck's picture

Yeah!

DeathFuckinMetal's picture

Awesome video! I wish there was something like this where I live. As soon as I saw you I was like " that's James Hetfield", you look like his long lost twin LOL. I bet you get heaps of people commenting that you look exactly like him.

mexicanuck's picture

Yeah, I get that comment A LOT. I think the first time was in 1986 (I had long hair), but it's been even more in the last few years or so. The best one was about a year ago. I was in a little Chinese restaurant and a girl that worked there told me I looked like him, and asked if she could have a picture with me. The very next day I was at a record store (buying Black Sabbath's 13, I remember), and some guy came up to me and said the same thing, and it turned out that it was his girlfriend at the Chinese place the day before, and he recognized me from her picture on Facebook!

Thrashmaniacfelipe's picture

Great tour, bro! You should've told me that you came over! It's funny that you ran into Oldschoolbear lol

mexicanuck's picture

Gah, you're right, I didn't even think of it! Next time! Every time I go, there's always at least one shirt I want that they don't have in my size, so I always want to go back and get it the next time (Twisted Sister and Sacrifice this time) How often do you go?

Satan's Finest's picture

I see SO many shirts I want. Enjoyed the hell playing in the background too!

mexicanuck's picture

Haha, it can get difficult to hear anything. There are sometimes like five or six different stands within a few metres of each other, and all playing different music. Ah, and something else that's cool about El Chopo is that they have a stage and different bands (local) play there each week.

Bayernpirat's picture

I wish I would have the chance to visit El Chopo

mexicanuck's picture

It's a great place!

Metal Militia's picture

Thank you for posting this video, i never heard of this Metal market, and it's insane the quantity of merch they have in there, i would go bankrupt in a heartbeat ahahah
Next time you go there, please film a bit more the patches, i bet there's great patches all over that place. :)
Cheers!

mexicanuck's picture

Ahhh, I actually almost went there two weeks ago, but something came up and I couldn't make it. I'll try to keep your request in mind next time I'm there!

Metal Militia's picture

Thanks mexicanuck :)
Cheers \m/

cambotero's picture

So this is where my The Eye shirt came from. looks like a cool place to be and spend all your money on stuff

mexicanuck's picture

Yep, fun place just to walk around, even if you don't buy anything.

open-casket132's picture

One of the best.

mexicanuck's picture

Just came across this short but cool professionally-done video from El Chopo. https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/569666599841518/

oldmate's picture

cool link man!!

zmanzman1's picture

That's amazing wish I was there.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments