TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Magic the Gathering

Speed or Bleed
Mon, 11/05/2015 - 21:16

Just curious, someone of the users play the most awesome game ever made? If yes, which formats/decks etc? If the admins think this post doesnt belongs here, delete it ;) cheers

ZAKRAT's picture

Used to play ages ago, i think when Nemesis came out was the last time i played, some friends of mine still play tho.
I used to play black mostly, offcourse :) but red kicks ass too.
What do u play then?

Speed or Bleed's picture

My recently Decks are Esper Control (Blue Black White), Mono Green and Black White Tokens, But Red is also a color i enjoy in limited format for its aggressive style of beatdown the opponent :D

Blüdrayne's picture

What formats do you play?

Speed or Bleed's picture

Modern, a bit of Standard and the most fun is Draft in my oppinion, cool that you play as well ;)

Blüdrayne's picture

I hate rotating formats because most of the cards I know are a bit older. So I can't think up my own strategy without first wasting hours getting to know all the newer cards.

Speed or Bleed's picture

...and spend all the bucks

Blüdrayne's picture

After dreaming about it for years, I finally got a reason to buy Necropotence. Cost me $10 but I got the Ice Age version. kvlt.

Speed or Bleed's picture

pretty broken in the right deck haha, ohh i love thopse kind of black spells

Drifter's picture

homemade drafts can also be lots of fun, just take crap cards lying around and start to shuffle them into "boosters" of fifteen cards, then draft. Also I want to build a Cube one day, but I don't know where to start..

Blüdrayne's picture

If you wanna try a drafting experience without actually building packs or a cube, why not try drafting randomly repacked "boosters" made from complete sets? if you wanna try a real frustrating environment try drafting triple Homelands.

Blüdrayne's picture

I'm currently playing EDH with Geth as my commander. My strategy is basically Mono B control with graveyard synergy effects. Not reanimator.

JoeCool6972's picture

I thought we were metal heads, not nerds! LOL!

Speed or Bleed's picture

So collecting houndreds of shirts and patches isnt nerdy at all? :P

JoeCool6972's picture

No. Nothing nerdy about metal! LOL.

Blüdrayne's picture

Never seen a Kamelot album then?

Heinz's picture

It always seemed like a very complicated thing. Complicated things, I never have time to do, LOL.

Speed or Bleed's picture

thats true, it´s really complex with a lot of mechanics and different strategies

slant's picture

never played...but i have seen ppl play this game....i have to short of attention span to comprehend..lol ...

Greaserjlg's picture

Mono black deck, kinda shitty since i just started last year, but I love MTG and go to friday night magic when i can

Drifter's picture

I've been playing since Coldsnap, but mostly casual. My best decks right now are mono green landfall, w/u rebels, mono red land destruction and I'm working on a b/r artifact reanimator deck at the moment. Great game...

doomtilldeath's picture

Awesome game! But I have only played vintage format, and I like older editions much more than the new ones. I used to have a mono black discard control deck, all my friends hated it haha. Now I have only one deck left, a mono green beast deck. I still play sometimes, but it's kinda lame that they made so many new rules like the planeswalkers cards. Annoying as hell..

Reichhart666's picture

Stopped playing end of the 90s or beginning of the 2000s. Mostly played standard and a black deck.

danielucifer's picture

I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh. Does that count, too?

Greaserjlg's picture

ITS TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL!!!!

Overactive Imagination's picture

Yu-Gi-Oh here also man! haha played it like crazy!

Wolverina's picture

me too! :D

Knightwhosayni's picture

Used to. Stopped a while after Ice Age came out. Played mostly green/red in revised/3rd edition with some Arabian Nights, The Dark and Antiquities. Sold all my cards a looooong time ago.

Nater90's picture

Wow....Haven't played a "physical" game of MTG in years! I've still got a fair few cards at home, I've got a tutorial game from 2000s I play the advance game but only has the one deck Green and Red which I don't mind, When I used to play with a physical deck I'd use Blue and White as I like the Drake's, But had a few different decks setup over the years.

Blüdrayne's picture

Is it the one based on chinese mythology?

Nater90's picture

I had a bit of everything in there, I still have a fair few cards in my draw.

Blüdrayne's picture

Some cards from that set are quite valuable because they were only released in the asia pacific region. You should go take a look.

Nater90's picture

Only have two Drakes left, I got rid of a lot of cards years back but still have some.
Drake Hatchling
http://i.tcgplayer.com/6514.jpg
&
Silver Drake
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=25925&type=...

Also when I played with Black, I used a lot of Zombies, Still got a few of them to! Always loved the Zombies and Druids.

DevilzForce's picture

have friends that carry decks around...... they're 42 :P

Necrowhore Impaler's picture

I used to play Legacy and Vintage on a competetive level but now I'm just playing EDH, Cube and the occasional Draft and sold parts of my collection to travel, get new tattoos and buy LPs :D

nameless_rites's picture

I played from around 1994-1999; started around the time Revised was coming out and stopped sometime around Urza's Legacy. I remember going to the Tempest, Weatherlight etc pre-release tournaments at WOTC's Seattle game center back in the day, good times.

I preferred sealed deck tournaments, but with friends I played red and blue counterburn. Sounds weird but it worked really well... lightning bolts, ball lightning, incinerate, nev's disk, psionic blast, volcanic islands, counterspell, arcane denial, wheel of fortune, braingeyser, force of will etc. I won so many games with Fireblast; just when they think you're all tapped out, play 2 of those and it's game over.

Blüdrayne's picture

Forbidian?

578,656 items in the gallery, 884,161 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments