TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

is Mad Patcher any good?

Evilution E5150
Tue, 25/03/2014 - 02:02

ok i've seen mad patcher on ebay and they're following me on twitter and instagram now

is their shit any good? just looks like bootleg printed stuff to me

Judas Priestess's picture

I've never bought anything from him but I hear nothing but bad things about the patches. They fade very easily and are just a waste of money.

kissman's picture

+1

Joel's picture

I would know, I spent a shitload of cash of a big pile of patches last year. Trash, all of it.

Judas Priestess's picture

Ouch :(

Joel's picture

No shit.

Rotten's picture

No, no they're not.

Evilution E5150's picture

well that settles that then

Nater90's picture

Heard nothing but bad stuff about him tbh, Dirty ray & Flammenwerfer666 I've heard good things about if you want silkscreen printed stuff (depends what your after tho) I've actually ordered the Morbid - December Moon back patch from Dirty ray like 20 minutes ago no lie xD
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTg4WDUzMA==/$T2eC16VHJG8E9nyfnfzCBQYpUG,C7w~~60_35.JPG
I spoke to fellow member Joel about the quality from Dirty Rays back patches and he said they're pretty good.

Phallucifer's picture

My backpatch is also from DirtyRay, can't complain.

Satan's Finest's picture

Anyone got any idea if DirtyRay's ebay shop is still going? I can't seem to find any items in either store that he has. I'm trying to get a custom back patch and really not having much luck :/

Nater90's picture

Yeah he has a couple of eBay stores.

I brought off this one
http://stores.ebay.com/dirty-ray-2011?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Says his away till September 12th.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/dirty-ray-2012
Has this one too, Has no items listed maybe because his run out, But the quality is great, My Morbid - December Moon backpatch is from him, The pic I took doesn't do it justice, He does great stuff tho.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

I had two BPs made from DirtyRay and both of them are alright so go for it.

metalman6767's picture

BOTH Dirty ray and Flammenwerfer666 are FANTASTIC sellers! Try patch_depot as well, they have some woven and very rare patches from time to time!

Rodbo's picture

I have ordered over 75+ patches from Dirty Ray's stores(4 total), he also has Alter_Ego as well never had a problem and he can custom make patches that turn out awesome, I had a special Dimebag back patch made and it was the best!! Great quality patches and fast shipping and I have ordered over 120+ from Flammenwerfer666 and there's nobody better, the patches are top quality and the guys that runs it will fix anything that's a problem! You really can't go wrong with either of those guys, but Mad Printing is all garbage!!!!

Joel's picture

Dirty Ray and Flammenwerfer666's patches are exactly the same in every way. The way they look, feel, and even the way they're made probably. You can see my Judas Priest-Stained Class BP in my profile. It's a nice product.

Deathead's picture

the stuff of dirty ray is very good... good quality...

kereealazer's picture

I have a patch from Flammenwerfer666 and it is good. Doesn't seem like the same quality as madpatcher. I'm planning on getting a few more from him in the future.

doomtilldeath's picture

Btw Nater90, the method they use for making the patches is NOT silk-screen print. They print the pictures on transfer paper and then iron the prints on fabric. Silk-screen print = the most common way to print shirts and BP's. Almost every official shirt and BP is silk-screen printed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_printing

Nater90's picture

Ah I see, Learn something new every day, Thanks dude!

EvilPriest's picture

They're huge shit ! Friends of mine have bought some patches from him, they are terrible.

Bayernpirat's picture

his patches sucks, here you can see the bad quality - fading after only one year of wearing:
http://tshirtslayer.com/patch/printed-patch-beforeafter

Nater90's picture

Add that to the ugliest patch post haha xD

Attle's picture

I know nothing about Mad Patcher but I can say that Dirty_rays stuff is really poor. Furthermore he did not send me what I bought and tried to make me pay for his misstake.

Rodbo's picture

I have ordered over 300+ patches from Dirty Ray's stores and NEVER a problem NEVER!!! Same with Flammenwerfer666

Executer's picture

one word: no!

DevilzForce's picture

printed plastic patches are shit anyway !!

TemplesBelovv's picture

No.

Panthorder's picture

How about shirts from Mad patcher?

alla2465's picture

All printed patches are pretty much shit

Oby1916's picture

nein

MonoWhisper763's picture

But are their shirts any good?

MoreGoreLessCore's picture

I would honestly suggest going for originals/ buying from the bands rather than from the mad patcher. Have not heard alot about the shirts, but if the quality of the patches is not too great.. I would not risk saving a few pounds..

atrophythrasher's picture

i've never ordered patches over there it is wasting your money on shit ass patches and they are also very expensive with shipping costs so it's just a no no

RavenEffect's picture

I've recently made a 10 patch order from Mad Patcher. Paid on the exact same day I made the order. Estimated delivery time was 3-5 days. Took 10, and bear in mind that we're both from Europe.

The Quality of the patches were far from being good. they werent even acceptable. Material looks like plastic, its way to shiny, the fabric looks poor and the colors are HORRIBLE and look like something that you fast print on a low cost HP printer. Yellows are almost white, Black is Grey. I've ordered an Opeth Still Life patch and the Blood Red background is almost Pink. Can't stress how bad the quality is.

Also, from the 10 patch order, he didnt send one and two were wrong.

I have a friend that ordered a few t-shirts adn they had pretty much the same complaints: Poor quality, slow delivery and wrong items.

Don't know about the pins so I'll leave you with the benefit of the doubt.

Can't stress enough how bad the store is, avoid it at all cost.

PS: Someone named Flammenwerfer666's eBay shop as a really good one and I have to agree. It's still printed patches but they have a really good quality and acceptable prices (usually its $4 bid / $5 buy it now). I've washed my vest a few times and didnt seen any damage to the patches whatsoever. Also he's a fast replier and always keeps you informed about the state of your delivery.

waldpyk's picture

Pfiuw... Made an order yesterday at Madpatcher. Some classic album covers that looked great at the site. Just now I thougt to google the shop and came straight here. Reading these comments made me decide not to pay. Thank you, TSS just saved me 25 euro's.

Rodbo's picture

Like I posted earlier I have over 120 patches from Flammenwerfer666's ebay store and NEVER a problem and those patches are NOT the same printed patches you get from Mad Printing, its not even close! You are not going to find a better patch site than Flammenwerfer666's !!!

DevilzForce's picture

always go for woven or embroidered. plastic is utter shit !

StaleLife's picture

Dont know to much about mad patches. Have dealt with patchnoir they are alright some of the patches are a bit heavy. Dirty ray I haven't received my items from yet but he told me he sent the wrong patch and also his communication is pretty shit. Hopefully quality is still there.

doomtilldeath's picture

A friend of mine has had these madpatcher patches for a couple of years now and they still look okey, so I guess the quality varies. But I think these plastic printed patches are the worst kind of bootleg you can get. There are lots of better quality woven / embroidered bootleg patches available so why would you even need that shit stuff ? Those who want a rare backpatch, why not modify from a shirt ? It will last a lot longer and most of the designs you can get as official. I personally try to avoid bootleg stuff so this is not a problem for me. But if I were to buy bootlegs, I'd definately go for the woven / embroidered stuff. Just my two cents.

Faber's picture

Got some some patches from her. You can see it on my jacket (Warlord (only de W is visible), Kryst the Conqueror and Grifin. If you don't wear your jacket daily it's ok.

Here you can see the Griffin patch
http://tshirtslayer.com/patch/griffin-protectors-lair-patch

Eight years old, but still decent but probably only because I only wear it when I'm at concerts of festivals. At that time it was one of the first custom-made printed patches. Still see a lot of designs I sent them to make patches from (Adramelch logo, Kryst the Conqueror, Omen logo, Battleroar - Age of Chaos, Satan logo, Raven logo, Lords of the Crimson Alliance s/t, etc, and the Griffin offcourse. It's very stiff material, but the're better ones atm so wouldn't chose Madpatcher again, if I ever will buy printed ones again...

Nater90's picture

^This.

I always read feedback when buying on eBay

same reviews bad quality patches

putlucht's picture

Not only is his mechandise complete fucking crap, he's also super annoying.
I have a band, and he keeps posting this shit on our page:

NEED PATCHES / BUTTONS FOR YOUR BAND, LABEL, DISTRO ... ? ? ? - - - - - -> Best deals here : http://www.madpatcher.net/#!4-bands - - - - - - -> See our works here: https://www.facebook.com/mad.patcher/media_set?set=a.4488906273854.16527... - Affordable shipping costs, we ship WORLDWIDE - High quality printing/material - Worldwide quick delivery - NO minimum quantity per design - You can request a custom quote! INFO: madpatcher@gmail.com WWW.MADPATCHER.NET"

we always comment that we DO NOT want his stuff and he's posted it like 4 times already...

gizter's picture

i saw that one when i looked at your page once. pretty anoying indeed..

jeg86's picture

I bought some embroidered patches made custom for me because several bands I like don't have patches and I'm pretty happy with them.

http://patch-shop.com/

TooFastForLove's picture

I've bought a Shock Troopers shirt from him..I'm very satisfied. However I don't like his printed patches.

but his patches are worthless :(

Morbid Symmetry's picture

Besides his bad quality patches, the shirts and pins are pretty good

MercyfulKing's picture

Ill be honest, Its best to find patches elsewhere since his stuff is cheap and fades quite some time later. But i will give him credit for the pins, i got TONS of custom pins from them.

Shoot Gunner's picture

Damn! lots of negative comments. It's weird to me since I've ordered a lot of custom printed patches from them (some of them are on my jacket if you want to go to my page and see) and they're really nice I think. I haven't had a bad experience with them yet. But that's just me I guess, no idea how things were for other people. The printed ones have survived the elements and minimal moshing (i live in the country so i dont get to go to a lot of shows to test). Maybe he's changed his methods since then? Hmm... either way, I haven't had any issue with them. I'm about to give them another go, and I'll see how it is.

metalman6767's picture

I have bought through mad patcher PLENTY of times!! Everybody complaigns about the material he uses in his patches, which is a very stiff material. I do have one downside; I did purchase a S.O.D. and Toxik strip from him quite a while back (can be seen on my leather vest), the Toxik is still in grand shape, however the picture of S.O.D. is peeling right off!

Shoot Gunner's picture

I think the material is fine. It has survived light contact with concrete, heavy rain, direct sunlight, beer, cleaning chemicals, etc. and they're still good as new. I've had em' on for a year and they do just fine. I can even clean them off with water if they get beer stains on them.

sanderscott's picture

Some I seen offers include a poster prints, my friend got one shirt and poster with back print label as http://www.digitekprinting.com/poster-prints, which I think the printer of the product, is that a legit third party maker.

RavenEffect's picture

sorry but costs as much as a regular patch and the print quality sucks

Thrashattck94's picture

I once got a Manowar patch form him through eBay. It looks the part and hasn't fallen to pieces.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments